Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:13 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Question:

If we were told the influenza vaccine this year was effective for 23% of the people getting the shot, how many of us would have bothered?

If we were told that the flu shot of 3 year ago was 9% effective for seniors, would any of them have bothered?

When we are NOT told how many of the current measles victims have been vaccinated, how many people ask WHY ARE WE NOT TOLD?

Vaccines are big business and efficacy seems to have little to do with it. If efficacy is questionable, what does that say about SAFETY. When $billions$ are at sake, how often are we told that safety is not an issue, when it later turns out it is very much an issue.
"Most U.S. doctor's smoke Parliaments."
"Thalidomide, for a women in her "delicate" condition."
"Oh yeah, you Negroes have nothing to worry about, we cured your syphilis."

When we allow the big pharma/big med to pump stuff into our bodies with sharp needles, we had be pretty certain they have safety and efficacy on their minds and not just the dollars they can suck out of the public coffers.
https://gma.yahoo.com/why-even-vacci...-wellness.html

Children are often given vaccines periodically because not every vaccine lasts forever. It's the same when you travel overseas. Often your vaccines have to be updated.

If conditions warrant it doctors can test your blood work to determine whether or not you have immunity to a disease (there will be antibodies to your blood).

Obviously we no longer have millions suffering from smallpox, polio, and other major childhood diseases. So clearly vaccines have worked. In fact, we would not have the current outbreak of measles if it wasn't for idiots not taking the vaccine. Everyone knows better than the doctor until they are deathly ill and then they scurry on down to the doctor.

Speaking off, if you hate Western medicine move to some poor place without it. You'll find the death rate from disease is much higher, and few people make it to their 70s.

Stop being so paranoid and delusional.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:00 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,687,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I don't really understand the whole measles/measles vaccination controversy from either side. Before there was a vaccine, kids got measles as a matter of course.In fact,parents would often make sure that their kids mingled with the kids who came down with it,in order to insure that their kids would get it and be done with it.Same with chicken pox,german measles and other "childhood" diseases.

I had measles,all of my siblings had measles and virtually every kid in the neighborhood had measles.So why is there now this big controversy about measles and scary headlines ? My mother made sure we all got measles at the same time. She also made sure that all of us got all of the other childhood diseases at the right age. A lot of mothers used to do that.

I read once that "pajama parties" were originally invented by mothers as a way to make sure that their daughters contracted diseases like measles at the right age….before child bearing age. As soon as one girl in a neighborhood contracted measles,the mothers would put them all in bed together to make sure they all got it.

Now it seems everyone is terrorized by measles.
Bluedog, Where do you think measles are coming from? Something that is so preventable in 2015, who's not getting their kid vaccinated?? Look no further then south of the border. It started in California and now it's hitting everywhere.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:29 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,545,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
Common sense?
Who's common sense? The National Institute of Health's take on herd immunity makes sense to me. The older people talk about how measles was fairly common when they were growing up. When vaccination became more popular, measle was far less common and there were no outbreaks. To me, it's common sense that this is evidence that Herd Immunity was working.

Community Immunity ("Herd" Immunity)

And just because no one that you personally knew ever had complications from measles doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. From the CDC:

Measles | Complications | CDC

Quote:
Severe Complications

Some people may suffer from severe complications, such as pneumonia (infection of the lungs) and encephalitis (swelling of the brain). They may need to be hospitalized and could die.
  • As many as one out of every 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children.
  • About one child out of every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis (swelling of the brain) that can lead to convulsions and can leave the child deaf or mentally retarded.
  • For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it.
Finally, here is what Roald Dahl, author of James and the Giant Peach had to say about his daughter's experience with measles:

Quote:
Olivia, my eldest daughter, caught measles when she was seven years old. As the illness took its usual course I can remember reading to her often in bed and not feeling particularly alarmed about it. Then one morning, when she was well on the road to recovery, I was sitting on her bed showing her how to fashion little animals out of coloured pipe-cleaners, and when it came to her turn to make one herself, I noticed that her fingers and her mind were not working together and she couldn't do anything.

"Are you feeling all right?" I asked her.

"I feel all sleepy," she said.

In an hour, she was unconscious. In twelve hours she was dead.

The measles had turned into a terrible thing called measles encephalitis and there was nothing the doctors could do to save her. That was twenty-four years ago in 1962, but even now, if a child with measles happens to develop the same deadly reaction from measles as Olivia did, there would still be nothing the doctors could do to help her.

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 02-01-2015 at 08:47 AM..

Old 02-01-2015, 09:40 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
Echoes of the Third Reich.
"Round up these people, charge them with attempted homicide, and vaccinate their children"

I think if this was done to these people, they might agree with your statement.

A Maddening Case of the Measles in Orthodox Jewish Brooklyn - The Daily Beast

I'm not Jewish, but Nazis was the first thing that came to my mind also. You know, that old "greater good" concept. Oh, but it is FINE if we do though.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
"Round up these people, charge them with attempted homicide, and vaccinate their children"

I think if this was done to these people, they might agree with your statement.

A Maddening Case of the Measles in Orthodox Jewish Brooklyn - The Daily Beast

I'm not Jewish, but Nazis was the first thing that came to my mind also. You know, that old "greater good" concept. Oh, but it is FINE if we do though.
"Measles is a potentially severe viral infection that still kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. It can cause pneumonia and encephalitis, as well as the telltale rash and “measly” feeling of those who are ill. It also has no treatment—none of the current antivirals have activity against the infection. But the measles vaccine is remarkably effective, as good a shot as we have. In contrast to mumps and influenza vaccines, which have predictable failure rates—meaning vaccinated people can still develop the disease, though at substantially lower rates and with milder symptoms. With measles, to be vaccinated is to be safe."

From the same article. Notice it says measles kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide ,and it is easily preventable.

The US is not an Orthodox Jewish, Christian, or any other religious type country. It's secular. If anyone wants to join a cult that has practice that run contrary to our laws they do not have to live in this nation and I would say this of any faith.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
None of this is proof that no one died. All it means is that you did not know of anyone dying of these diseases.

Medical coroner's determine the cause of death, not 10 year old children. No 10 year old child has access to the morgue and/or hospital, and none are qualified to determine causes of death.
Excuse me. I did not know ANY kids who died from ANYTHING. If they weren't dead, WHAT cause of death would I not need to know?

Old 02-01-2015, 02:06 PM

588 posts, read 947,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Bluedog, Where do you think measles are coming from? Something that is so preventable in 2015, who's not getting their kid vaccinated?? Look no further then south of the border. It started in California and now it's hitting everywhere.
exactly

Old 02-01-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Of course it is a much bigger problem south of the border or in other poor countries, but it could not have spread without a base of American idiots deciding that vaccines are bad and everything to do with modern medicine is evil. And now look what's going on now.

Basically the states will end up clamping down and saying kids are completely not allowed in schools without vaccinations, period. And parents by law have to send their kids to school, or else ACS can get involved.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
"Measles is a potentially severe viral infection that still kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. It can cause pneumonia and encephalitis, as well as the telltale rash and “measly” feeling of those who are ill. It also has no treatment—none of the current antivirals have activity against the infection. But the measles vaccine is remarkably effective, as good a shot as we have. In contrast to mumps and influenza vaccines, which have predictable failure rates—meaning vaccinated people can still develop the disease, though at substantially lower rates and with milder symptoms. With measles, to be vaccinated is to be safe."

From the same article. Notice it says measles kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide ,and it is easily preventable.

The US is not an Orthodox Jewish, Christian, or any other religious type country. It's secular. If anyone wants to join a cult that has practice that run contrary to our laws they do not have to live in this nation and I would say this of any faith.
Brooklyn, since this is an NY site. Judiasm is a CULT?

Old 02-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Of course it is a much bigger problem south of the border or in other poor countries, but it could not have spread without a base of American idiots deciding that vaccines are bad and everything to do with modern medicine is evil. And now look what's going on now.

Basically the states will end up clamping down and saying kids are completely not allowed in schools without vaccinations, period. And parents by law have to send their kids to school, or else ACS can get involved.
First, it is perfectly legal in the USA to Homeschool. Prevent that? Take these unvaccinated children away from parents and vaccinate them. You and your medicne will create the (Aryan) Super Race immune from disease. Do you also want to throw parents, or any adult without children, into jail who refuse vaccination or any Preventative medical care? Did you flunk history in HS? What happened with that one? Ever hear of the Nurenberg Codes?

As an old woman myself, I do not wish to live in your Perfect Society. Shoot me. Deport me to where my ancestors came from hundreds of years ago. Repeat. I am an ELDERLY person who your propaganda thinks they are protecting. I have no RIGHTS MYSELF as an adult??????? I tell you take your vaccinations, and all the other Preventative Care of Medince, and shove them. Report me to your SS Health police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City