Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 10:19 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Maybe there is another fully vaccinated Measles Mary walking around. Out of 8 million people there couldn't be others? In country of billions there is only ONE?

Fear of measles? Hey, we have people running to the hospital if they think they have the FLU!!!!!! Medicine has fueled the fires of FEAR. Not just these childhood diseases, but ANYTHING. Repeat customers. Doctors have to have repeat customers the same as any other industry.
The flue can be fatal for some people, particularly elderly and children. Here you show your ignorance, as thousands have died from the flu.

Also, if you are seriously sick no one wants you at work or school were you are going to spread the disease. However you can get in trouble for missing work and school and you'll need a doctor's note to show that you legitimately were sick and couldn't work.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:32 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The flue can be fatal for some people, particularly elderly and children. Here you show your ignorance, as thousands have died from the flu.

Also, if you are seriously sick no one wants you at work or school were you are going to spread the disease. However you can get in trouble for missing work and school and you'll need a doctor's note to show that you legitimately were sick and couldn't work.
I am retired. That should tell you my age. I have not had the flu since the 70s. Maybe I am a Flu Mary.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:09 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I am retired. That should tell you my age. I have not had the flu since the 70s. Maybe I am a Flu Mary.
Obviously you are stuck in the past, but the world doesn't revolve around your youth.

"The measles virus can linger in the air for up to two hours and babies under a year old are especially at risk because they're too young to receive the vaccine.
"Those babies could die," said Dr. Goodman. "I have to weigh the risk of a kid in my office getting measles and potentially dying versus the rights of those parents to not immunize when I thought most of them were making that choice based on bad information."

Dr. Goodman says he's tried for years to educate parents about the safety of vaccines but says he's rarely able to convince them. The parents aren't valuing his medical expertise and are instead getting unscientific information from the internet, said Dr. Goodman.

"That's why I took the stance, believe your doctor, listen to your doctor, not the Internet, or go somewhere else," Dr. Goodman said.

Play VIDEO
Doctor defends parents' choice to waive measles vaccinations
Some parents we spoke with, who oppose vaccines, say they feel bullied by doctors who threaten to drop un-immunized patients. But Dr. Goodman says his new policy is already having an effect - large parents are calling his office to make an appointment for vaccinations."

Doctor fed up with measles outbreak takes controversial stance - CBS News

Old 01-31-2015, 11:28 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,177,484 times
I am also of an age where I contracted all of the childhood diseases including scarlet fever, which I was told almost did me in. The doctor came to our house twice a day to treat me, something that is unheard of today.

But I remember that no student died from American measles or German measles or chicken pox or mumps or pertussis (whooping cough). I also never knew of any child in our small town that had autism or some type of profound undiagnosed mental disability and if a child did have a severe mental disability, local gossip would have spread the news.

Today, one in 68 newborns will eventually be diagnosed with an autism spectrum condition. Was it the thimerosal in the vaccines or is it something else that's causing this outbreak of autism?

Old 01-31-2015, 11:53 AM

664 posts, read 807,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
I am also of an age where I contracted all of the childhood diseases including scarlet fever, which I was told almost did me in. The doctor came to our house twice a day to treat me, something that is unheard of today.

But I remember that no student died from American measles or German measles or chicken pox or mumps or pertussis (whooping cough). I also never knew of any child in our small town that had autism or some type of profound undiagnosed mental disability and if a child did have a severe mental disability, local gossip would have spread the news.

Today, one in 68 newborns will eventually be diagnosed with an autism spectrum condition. Was it the thimerosal in the vaccines or is it something else that's causing this outbreak of autism?
Yep.

Measles and mumps -- even mono -- these were childhood rites of passage that kids just went through.

You went to the doctor, you got diagnosed, sent home with mom and some medicine and a two-week pass from school.

Nobody ever died. No hysteria.

And autism, food allergies, and asthma were virtually unheard of.

Are we REALLY better off today with all these vaccines?

Old 01-31-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
Yep.

Measles and mumps -- even mono -- these were childhood rites of passage that kids just went through.

You went to the doctor, you got diagnosed, sent home with mom and some medicine and a two-week pass from school.

Nobody ever died. No hysteria.

And autism, food allergies, and asthma were virtually unheard of.

Are we REALLY better off today with all these vaccines?
Doctors came to your home in those days. Yes, even in Manhattan.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:58 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post

I'm pro medicine and vaccinations, but I'm also the daughter of a doctor so I believe in medicine and the preventative care of vaccines. So called harmless childhood diseases can still be dangerous in some cases.

There are way too many factors that might be the cause of the rise in autism. For example, what was the age of the mother (and father!) at the time of conception? Peek childbearing years are, what,
early 20s? A generation ago having kids at that age was the norm, now it's not. I also wouldn't rule out things like diet! So much of our food today is genetically altered I can't help but think that there are impacts of that that have yet to be realized. I would really love to see a study that looks at several factors to try on home in on the autism rise.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:13 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
Amen.

The medical industry is fueling all this hysteria for two aims:

1. To make money for pharmaceuticals vis-a-vis vaccines, and
2. To get us all indoctrinated into thinking that humans NEED to have dozens of shots "for their own health", the real contents of which God Only Knows

It's a way for them to slowly take away our control over our own bodies.
Yes of course. Now ask the question why there is zero hysteria or any level of mainstream media coverage for the fact that 100,000 plus Americans that DIE per year (and 1 to 2 million seriously ill) due to proper use of legal pharmaceutical meds. Let see the "pro-vacc" crowd show their so-called outrage about THAT.

And by the way the mortality rate for measles had already plummeted BEFORE the introduction of the vaccination in the 60's proving that it was a lack of sanitary conditions as the main culprit of people dying of measles (and other diseases) not the disease itself.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:31 PM

664 posts, read 807,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Yes of course. Now ask the question why there is zero hysteria or any level of mainstream media coverage for the fact that 100,000 plus Americans that DIE per year (and 1 to 2 million seriously ill) due to proper use of legal pharmaceutical meds. Let see the "pro-vacc" crowd show their so-called outrage about THAT.

And by the way the mortality rate for measles had already plummeted BEFORE the introduction of the vaccination in the 60's proving that it was a lack of sanitary conditions as the main culprit of people dying of measles (and other diseases) not the disease itself.
Yep.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:06 PM

My husband and I laugh at all those TV commercials by the pharms for this med and that med. Call your doctor immediately if you experience, bla, bla, bla, including STROKE. ROFL I am having a STROKE and be sure to call your doctor?????

YET, when the ads come on for getting your Flu or Shingles shots do you hear any WARNINGS???? Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City