Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 12:29 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
That wasn't MY post you quoted.

Just wanted to clarify.

I don't believe he should be acquitted. He should do prison time for being an inept self-serving coward.
Sorry! I see that now. Meant to quote the poster you quoted (Don't ask me what happened as I couldn't tell you!) But I'm with you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 12:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:

The cop was afraid of black people. The End.

You keep hiding your pity little racist funny self behind the entire "black" race....and like to lump all blacks into the argument when it fits your agenda so the thread can go into pages....

my honest opinion, some ghetto blacks truly look intimidating, like many other ghetto ppl of all colors, because they can lose control and act like animals in unpredictable manners; and after all, they know that they have nothing to lose for their reckless, unhuman behaviors.

but in daily life, i find the majority of black ppl friendly and civil and approachable, unlike what you are purposefully misleading on a public forum about how others perceive the entire black community.

where is my 7th buddy? I think it is time again to throw this racist into her little internet cage to avoid repeated racial nonsense.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:15 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
At least the lights would get replaced on the regular, unlike HIS administration where NOTHING would get fixed.
You sure about that? Either way, sometimes residents need to take responsibility into their own hands and fix things themselves. Blow them up. Problem solved.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:26 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You keep hiding your pity little racist funny self behind the entire "black" race....and like to lump all blacks into the argument when it fits your agenda so the thread can go into pages....

my honest opinion, some ghetto blacks truly look intimidating, like many other ghetto ppl of all colors, because they can lose control and act like animals in unpredictable manners; and after all, they know that they have nothing to lose for their reckless, unhuman behaviors.

but in daily life, i find the majority of black ppl friendly and civil and approachable, unlike what you are purposefully misleading on a public forum about how others perceive the entire black community.

where is my 7th buddy? I think it is time again to throw this racist into her little internet cage to avoid repeated racial nonsense.
He never should have became a cop if his fear of "ghetto" blacks or minorities was this intense.

There are plenty of other minority officers on the force who patrol these areas just fine without having to kill someone.

He was a coward. Plain and simple.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
He never should have became a cop if his fear of "ghetto" blacks or minorities was this intense.

There are plenty of other minority officers on the force who patrol these areas just fine without having to kill someone.

He was a coward. Plain and simple.
We shouldn't be sending cops into these sh!tholes anyway. Similarly people shouldn't have the choice to be jailed up in these complexes either.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:11 PM

725 posts, read 805,370 times
Quote:
You never killed anyone and you patrolled the city when it was truly a cesspool.

This guy was afraid. He had his hand on the trigger the entire time. Why wasn't his flashlight on?

They said he opened the stairwell door with his gun and finger on the trigger? Like WTF??

Again, where was his flashlight, so that he could see what he was doing?

This man was a coward. A gutless coward that never should have held a badge or been on the street.

Imagine if he was actually fighting a war??

Right. It should be calm and rational people patrolling the streets as opposed to trigger happy idiots who seek to act out their aggression. The mentality of cops today is they are gods. I think that's not only dangerous but extremely criminal. Cops should be thinking how best to Deescalate and calm situations as opposed to instigating and escalating them. Unless someone is pointing a gun at you or is holding a weapon in your direction, you have no right to even point your gun. And only if a guy holding a knife lunges towards you or another do you have the right to fire. As a matter of fact a person having a weapon is not grounds to draw on someone. Ever heard of the second amendment. Only if that person is attempting to use it against you or another do you have the right to fire.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
Right. It should be calm and rational people patrolling the streets as opposed to trigger happy idiots who seek to act out their aggression. The mentality of cops today is they are gods. I think that's not only dangerous but extremely criminal. Cops should be thinking how best to Deescalate and calm situations as opposed to instigating and escalating them. Unless someone is pointing a gun at you or is holding a weapon in your direction, you have no right to even point your gun. And only if a guy holding a knife lunges towards you or another do you have the right to fire. As a matter of fact a person having a weapon is not grounds to draw on someone. Ever heard of the second amendment. Only if that person is attempting to use it against you or another do you have the right to fire.
Even if the weapon is illegal like 95% of the ones out there?

Old 02-12-2015, 03:23 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
We shouldn't be sending cops into these sh!tholes anyway. Similarly people shouldn't have the choice to be jailed up in these complexes either.
I agree.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:29 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Even if the weapon is illegal like 95% of the ones out there?
You have every right to draw your weapon based on your safety. Also what is not talked about is why one rookie cop is working with another rookie cop. Its a recipe for disaster. The cop has every right to have his gun drawn. There were 100 times I had my gun out during my career. Yeah going up or down a dark stairwell is a scary thing. You can be a cop for 20 years and have moments of fear. It does not make you a coward to have your firearm out. This cop made a major mistake and will have to answer for it.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I agree.
And as long as we continue to let people house themselves in these conditions, unfortunate incidents like this will keep happening. Whether by a cop or by a dude from another posse. Chances are it would be by the guy from the other posse, and the probabilities aren't even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City