Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 01:05 PM

52 posts, read 131,868 times

Advertisements

I filled out an app and sent it in, this was back in November. I didnt hear anything as of yet. was wondering if anyone here also applied for the position or already works for MTA as a structure B mason.

Thanks,
any help will be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 05:54 PM

no one? wow I guess masons build the world but not in to the world wide web (www) lol. is there anyone who works or know anyone that works in the structure department (ex. b g etc.) in the MTA?

Im interested in learning more about the structure department but it seems like its a secret service department.

any help appreciated.

thanks

Old 04-23-2015, 03:27 PM

Still looking for any info. About the structure dept. Any help Will be well appreciated, thanks

Old 05-07-2015, 05:31 PM

I have some info. For anyone in the future thats looking, The next class starts on 6/15 thats all the info. I was able to get, i dont know how many people were sworn in for that class or how many openings they have available. One thing for sure there were alot of people from my union ( bac local 1) there for this job, different trades including stone masons, brick layers, pcc etc. And thats not saying alot for the union when so many members are willing to take a substantial paycut and move to something else IMHO. Good luck to everyone and if any info. Can be added to this thread it would be greatly appreciated, ill update any information I find. T

MTA called me tuesday to come in on Friday for final processing. Ill post what i find out. What i would like to know is, when do they give you the pratical and what does it consist of?

To be continued...

Old 09-21-2017, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 832 times
Hey dose anyone know after the final processing when would you get information about your background check Being done? I think I forgot to put a job that I have done on The application form that we were given to fill out for the 10 year work history, Would I be penalize for that or fired?

Old 02-09-2018, 01:41 PM

No you should be fine, you probably got hired by now

Old 09-05-2019, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 492 times
BK

I am heading down the masons job path could use some guidance. any chance we can chat

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City