Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 07:58 PM

5,028 posts, read 4,907,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
and 4 foot tall Chinese ladies running onto train the very first second the doors open.

Depending who they are dealing with...I usually beat them to the best seat in the wagon 99% of the time, LOL. I enjoy looking at their frustration afterwards.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 PM

267 posts, read 301,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Then don't post in this thread.
I'll post wherever I please. You can't doctor someones post and act as though you've made some sort of valid point. But I see that you have a habit of portraying what other people have stated dishonestly, so I know now to take you and your posts with a grain of salt.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:20 PM

5,028 posts, read 4,907,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Chinese immigrants from China are the rudest, followed by middle eastern immigrants and Indians from India.

One thing that bothers me is that many of these immigrants aren't immunized so they could be carrying diseases such as measles and Tb.

I always tries to avoid standing face to face with them.

On the contrary, a lot of white women are also rude. They like to lean on the pole and then wonder why everyone is pushing or bumping into them. There's no place to hold!

I don't think that they meant to be rude...decades of poverty and suppression have conditioned these past generations of chinese to be very opportunitistic. Decency and social etiquette were depleted from the culture since 1900 during endless civil wars, western invasions and semi colonization followed by the notorious culture revolution. It is a historical imprint shared among all social economic classes in china today, be it peasants, scholars, CCP officers, or rich business men born or lived prior to 1990. It is getting better among the young generation with better living conditions and more international exposure.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,891,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
I'll post wherever I please. You can't doctor someones post and act as though you've made some sort of valid point. But I see that you have a habit of portraying what other people have stated dishonestly, so I know now to take you and your posts with a grain of salt.
If you do not know about the subways you do not live here. You should not post here if you do not live here unless you are looking for advice.

Any case ... there isn't one group or ethnicity that is the main nuisance on the train. It's everyone, even people you would never suspect in a different context. Everyone is sunk into his or her little electronic and nothing else exists. Most of the time, I don't think they even realize what they are doing.

The other day I got on a packed train, there was a guy taking up the whole pole, lounging. A woman just ahead of me said loudly to him, "Excuse me..." He looked annoyed and startled and just stood there until she said, "Move. Get off the pole. People need to be there." And finally he did.

I had not seen that before. Maybe we should all do the same.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:32 PM

3,940 posts, read 5,044,538 times
Anyone who shouts: "Showtime, ladies and gentlemen".
Anyone who screams religious nutjobbery.
Anyone who is soaked in their own urine.
Anyone with an (non medically necessary) animal.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:28 AM

256 posts, read 309,642 times
I just know that during 9 month pregnancy, only two times someone offered me their seat. Both times Latino guy. Usually, everyone pretends that they don't see you, even with your belly in front of their face. Coming from Europe, where this is considered extremely rude. Pregnant women should always have priority, but not in NYC subway.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:38 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,260,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Very rarely will you have middle aged or older white guys, or blacks of either gender, or Latino males try and jam themselves onto an absolutely packed 6 train when the doors are closing.
BS...all types of people try to cram in, no matter what race.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:05 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,518,853 times
Another annoying group are packs of afterschool teens. Although they can simultaneously be a source of entertainment as well.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:23 AM

91 posts, read 91,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blu09 View Post
Caucasians are the worst on the train. They stand by the doorways instead of moving inside of the trains, they don't have manners, they crowd into the train even when it's crowded pushing themselves in.
Uh-huh. I love politically correct insults. Caucasians? WTF does that even mean. Can you narrow that down...just a little?

Old 02-26-2015, 06:36 AM

25,347 posts, read 36,892,101 times
A situation I hate is when I am waiting at one door, say the center, as the train pulls into the station with plenty of seats. Only when the train stops fully does Pokey Pauline (always a woman) decide to get up and SLOWLY make her way to the door. She takes her good old time while people dutifully await her arrival and departure through the center door while watching ALL the seats getting taken by people streaming in the front and back doors.

It seems at every stop there is at least one PP per car, thus I get a 1 in 3 chance of getting her.

I think most of these people secretly resent the fact that they were not born into a royal family.

Last edited by Kefir King; 02-26-2015 at 07:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City