Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 02:37 PM

14 posts, read 15,068 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a house in Mott Haven or Port Morris in the bronx and don't know any local real estate agents. Does anyone have a recommendation of a professional in that area? We keep getting scooped on properties and I would love to have someone in the neighborhood on our team.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 03:09 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Pretty sure you have to get them by Private Message. I don't think they are allowed on the regular forum.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:29 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Are you just arriving from outside NYC? Unlike most of the country, NYC isn't held captive by the MLS, so people are less dependent on agents.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:57 PM

14 posts, read 15,068 times
Henna, Thanks and sorry I didn't know. Private Messages are welcome!

Cida, No I've been here for years. It's just a local to that neighborhood would be a great contact. Sometimes houses are already in contract by the time they are listed on zillow and other searchable sites. We aren't looking so much for a buyers agent [like other parts of the country] but to get in touch with sellers agents to let them know the next time they get a property to give us a call.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:03 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,881,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXtransplant View Post
Henna, Thanks and sorry I didn't know. Private Messages are welcome!

Cida, No I've been here for years. It's just a local to that neighborhood would be a great contact. Sometimes houses are already in contract by the time they are listed on zillow and other searchable sites. We aren't looking so much for a buyers agent [like other parts of the country] but to get in touch with sellers agents to let them know the next time they get a property to give us a call.
"Mynewhome" app by Chase makes it easy to directly contact sell agents and send them your contact information. You just need to install the application on a smartphone.

https://www.chase.com/mortgage/mynewhome-app

Disclaimer: I actually went with a different bank for my mortgage, however, it didn't stop be from using the app for directly contacting sell agents and asking them to show me the property/neighborhood. I explained, I had already received a pre-approval letter from my bank and was a serious buyer.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:40 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Yes, asking for a recommendation on the forum is fine. However, all responses that mention an agent or brokerage need to be sent directly to the OP by direct message. It's because of the advertising restrictions in the Terms of Service with respect to real estate matters. Your cooperation is appreciated.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: