Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:46 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,217,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
"Cops can lie too" isn't an accurate title. "Cops are liars" more accurately reflects the nature of cops because that's what they often do. That's why body cameras are very important. Personally I trust the word of a serial killer more than a cop because of how easy it is for cops to lie to protect themselves and the amount of times cops getaway with it. Yes these cops need to be fired and lose their pensions but they should also be in prison for life in my opinion.

This young guy should have pressed criminal charges against the cops from day one and as well sue each cop personally plus the department. Also contact the FBI and DOJ for a criminal violation of civil rights, a federal crime. False arrest which is false imprisonment should not be taken lightly.
I stand corrected! Cops are liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
The city and state will pay out for the lawsuit with money from tax coffers- the officer can possibly be terminated but will never lose their pensions.

Thus, why they try to get away with such things.
Here, I thought all of them longed for the 3/4 pay without work situations!

Old 03-08-2015, 08:25 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
have the taxpayers paid for the "I Can't Breathe" lawsuit yet. Has one bee filed? That will be a whopper. I don't understand the cops thinking . . . they said because victim said he couldn't breathe that means he could and they didn't ned to ease up?? yea, I am still chewing on that one. ****ing idiot cops.
Not sure if it was filed, but it was being discussed and the comptroller Stringer said he would look to settle ASAP. Haven't heard much about since December.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Please tell me it ain't true.
If cops are liars it seems possible that even politicians are liars.

How can we go on living knowing that?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:49 AM

503 posts, read 898,988 times
Sigh. Pick a year that parade was ever peaceful in...

Old 03-10-2015, 01:39 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
They could lose their pensions under certain circumstances.
I don't know any circumstances where a Tier 1-4 NYS/NYC Officer could lose their pension once vested.
I could be incorrect- but in the past even felony counts or corruption still does not defray a vested pension.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:18 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Once you hit 20 years you can only lose your pension if you are convicted of a felony. Any other time you can lose your pension but you get to keep what you have contributed to it. Plus if you lose your job with the NYPD you will never be hired by any other law enforcement agency in the United States. Its not like if your an accountant and lose your job and catch on somewhere else.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:24 AM

81 posts, read 95,650 times
I can't believe it.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
Sigh. Pick a year that parade was ever peaceful in...
This is true. But, but, but the article is not about the parade goers. The police have also come under fire for getting jiggy with parade goers at other notable parades though......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City