Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:57 PM

346 posts, read 1,253,733 times

Advertisements

[quote=el77;20138390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
how do you he was in a gang?[/quote

I saw his photos. Typical hood kid with his scumbag buddies in a photo.
You do know that most of those kids aren't actually in gangs right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,279,755 times
[quote=ddhboy;20144619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by el77 View Post

You do know that most of those kids aren't actually in gangs right?
Exactly...some folks just love too ASS-U-ME

Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 PM

337 posts, read 966,362 times
[quote=mayorofnyc;20144761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhboy View Post

Exactly...some folks just love too ASS-U-ME
Keep protecting the criminals. The whole no snitch and informer concept will keep your neighborhoods dangerous. A guy was killed at 1pm in bed stuy today.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:14 PM

66 posts, read 180,543 times
And that had to do with what? People get killed anywhere, everyday.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:03 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,326,169 times
Actually let's not forget: The cops have the biggest "no snitch" policy, EVER. It ain't called the "Blue Wall" for nothing. How is it that they want the community to turn in criminals (aka snitch) when they lie/cheat/steal to cover for eachother at the detriment of the community? Why don't they "snitch" on eachother? Let's just keep that in mind...

So if you want to talk about what keeps a neighborhood dangerous, let's talk about that.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,913,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Actually let's not forget: The cops have the biggest "no snitch" policy, EVER. It ain't called the "Blue Wall" for nothing. How is it that they want the community to turn in criminals (aka snitch) when they lie/cheat/steal to cover for eachother at the detriment of the community? Why don't they "snitch" on eachother? Let's just keep that in mind...

So if you want to talk about what keeps a neighborhood dangerous, let's talk about that.
You also have to remember that some undesirables also become cops.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:12 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,253,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el77 View Post
Gangbangers killing gangbangers is good thing. I saw on the news the other day a 14 yr old was killed in flatbush. His mother was saying he wasn't in a gang. Sure.
Not really. Eventually the violence affects everyone in the community. The gangs start by only attacking each other, and then they start to extort money from local businesses, then start requiring that all young people in the neighborhood join them or get beat up.

There only solution, imperfect as it is, is frequent police attention. It's hard in an era of budget cuts and austerity though.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 AM

104 posts, read 379,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
Yeah, with some Trini on the Myrtle and Classon side. I live on the border so its technically Bed-Stuy. @ el77 the things you say and the assumptions you make are amazing. I for one don't care much for the bangers, but I don't want ANY murders taking place in my neighborhood I don't care who is killing who. Its bad for quality of life and eventually innocent people get hit, especially kids.
Interesting. I live near Classon and I am seeing alot of young men hanging out all the time on Taffee and Willoughby. Is that them?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM

961 posts, read 2,458,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl45 View Post
Interesting. I live near Classon and I am seeing alot of young men hanging out all the time on Taffee and Willoughby. Is that them?
you're talking about by the bodega with the big graffiti mural that used to be there? Yeah I'm sure that some of them are. I live on DeKalb between Kent and Franklin by the Rustik lounge and we've got green Trini tags all over, especially by the C-town. But they don't really do anything too crazy in the area.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM

104 posts, read 379,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
you're talking about by the bodega with the big graffiti mural that used to be there? Yeah I'm sure that some of them are. I live on DeKalb between Kent and Franklin by the Rustik lounge and we've got green Trini tags all over, especially by the C-town. But they don't really do anything too crazy in the area.
Yes, I hope they dont do anything. It's still scary though. I have been thinking of selling my place and I may just do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City