Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingforhousingNYC View Post
Hello! I really need help finding an apartment for myself and two year old son.We came to New York last Sept. from New Jersey. I had to relocate due to a DV issue with my childs father and we came to NY because the social services are much better. Since then I've been stuck in a NYC homeless shelter. My voucher is for $1268 but its really hard trying to find a landlord to accept it.I have my fingers crossed for a housing lottery to come through but my voucher is expiring soon and I've apartment hunting for 4 months with no luck. I haven't had much luck on craigslist so a friend told me to post here. Is there anyone willing to help? I am 22 very hard working single mom.My child and I are clean respectful people and not low lives.please message me if you can help or have any useful information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 09:09 AM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
and we came to NY because the social services are much better.
This is why we need more transplants to come! To help us pay our taxes for all of this stuff!

Lottery MoD

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-05-2018, 09:23 AM

954 posts, read 939,232 times
So let me get this straight; this poor lady is brave enough to escape a domestic violence situation with her child, is looking for help starting over, and all you people can do is attack her?

What the hell is wrong with this place?

Not every person on these programs is a welfare queen. Some people just need some help.

Lookingforhouisng, I apologize for the rudeness here. People here have a problem with anyone who needs help with anything. They consider any government help a “free ride” and a “handout”. Everyone on this board acts as if they’re independently wealthy and they will have never/ will never need help with anything. Truth is; a good amount who post here are below the poverty line/obsess over housing lotteries unless it’s within their income (then thy suck), living in public housing/homeless. Yet they still ike to act like their **** don’t stink.

As for your original question, let someone said, 311 would be a good place to start. I wish you and your child all the best of luck to you and your children. Keep your head up.

Last edited by Principle Lewis; 02-05-2018 at 10:18 AM..

Old 02-05-2018, 10:36 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Beat me to it.

At the same time ... I am not at all in favor of the hordes of people currently coming to New York for "improved social services." There are scarcely sufficient resources to care for the people we have here already. We do not owe housing or services to out-of-state people.

Taxpayers, who fund programs such as LINC, should speak up.
what happened to you Harlem-Resident?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:54 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,695 times
why isn't the father paying child support? and i agree nyc isn't for you if you can't afford it.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 314 times
Default i have LInc 4 with Zero contributions

Hi me and my wife are looking for a 1 bedroom apartment either in Bronx, Manhattan, or Brooklyn we have a linc 4 voucher $ 1,268 with Zero contributions . we are good people and yes i know alot of landlords just say no because in plain english get screwed which i dont blame them . So what about the people like me and my wife who cleans . and are nice people? how do the landlords know if we are good or not . I just dont get it with the people that ruin it for the good people if you know of any landlord that accepts Linc 4 voucher of $1,268 with zero contributions please contact me at [email]stazzman1966@gmail.com[/email] or call me at 347-993-0337

Thanks Joe & Cathy

Old 02-20-2019, 06:44 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,597,486 times
Actually, I think all landlords are required to accept LINC, and any other program.
Landlords are not permitted to discriminate based on the source of income of their tenants.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:15 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Wow why do you have to be so rude? I had to flee NJ because I was in an abusive relationship.I just want a fresh start for myself and my child.I am working you know. People in the shelter cant just sit around all day doing nothing.Most of use aren't ghetto and lazy.SMH if all I asked was for apartment info not for you to be a judgemental prick.Yes, there are people that come to NYC from other states seeking help because its harder to get the help you need in places like NJ,Utah and CT.Whats wrong with wanting a fresh start?

unfortunetely, you and your scenario, are the exact type of person / situation that no land lord wants to be involved it.

abusive relationshiop = mean there is fighting, loudness, police

a sinlge woman with a kid, cant pay the rent.

not saying you are a bad person, or lazy. but the info you gave us in the first post, would tell me, rip that application up.

im sorry

Old 02-20-2019, 11:26 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Wow why do you have to be so rude? I had to flee NJ because I was in an abusive relationship.I just want a fresh start for myself and my child.I am working you know. People in the shelter cant just sit around all day doing nothing.Most of use aren't ghetto and lazy.SMH if all I asked was for apartment info not for you to be a judgemental prick.Yes, there are people that come to NYC from other states seeking help because its harder to get the help you need in places like NJ,Utah and CT.Whats wrong with wanting a fresh start?

unfortunetely, you and your scenario, are the exact type of person / situation that no land lord wants to be involved it.

abusive relationshiop = mean there is fighting, loudness, police

a sinlge woman with a kid, cant pay the rent.

not saying you are a bad person, or lazy. but the info you gave us in the first post, would tell me, rip that application up.

im sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City