Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 07:01 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,588,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
But they do. There are cops in my hood who just camp out and issue moving violations all the time like for people doing rolling stops at stop signs.
Oh I absolutely know that and it happens all over. The fuzzolini even appoint themselves to divisions created to steal our money.

I'm just saying not one of us said that was okay. They just bully themselves into stealing your money and regulating your movement. That is not police work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 08:38 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Final take away message about blocking/parking on a hydrant.
If FDNY arrives and requires access to a hydrant and your vehicle is blocking, they can (and probably will) punch through the vehicle's windows to run their hose though in order to reach the source of water. Once that happens you are stuck there until the FDNY finishes whatever they are doing. Oh yes, you *will* get a ticket as well.
Somebody's been watching re-runs of backdraft

Old 04-08-2015, 06:24 AM

19 posts, read 21,634 times
slightly off topic - I live on a block near a police station where there is alternate side and fire hydrants, yet no one gets ticketed-EVER. I have seen cars left for weeks at a time with no tickets. These are not cop cars, nor are they regular cars owned by cops. The house across the street from me is rented to some kids and they constantly park in front of the fire hydrant without getting ticketed.

I suspect that because this is one block away from the police station that cops park here occasionally when they cant park infront of their building and the traffic agents simply ignore this block however there are some cars that have been there forever and do not move at all. Some without license plates too that have been there for some time.

Would calling 311 get anything done?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkAcct99 View Post
slightly off topic - I live on a block near a police station where there is alternate side and fire hydrants, yet no one gets ticketed-EVER. I have seen cars left for weeks at a time with no tickets. These are not cop cars, nor are they regular cars owned by cops. The house across the street from me is rented to some kids and they constantly park in front of the fire hydrant without getting ticketed.

I suspect that because this is one block away from the police station that cops park here occasionally when they cant park infront of their building and the traffic agents simply ignore this block however there are some cars that have been there forever and do not move at all. Some without license plates too that have been there for some time.

Would calling 311 get anything done?
That's great. Remember cops have no business regarding anything to do with cars or driving.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
That's great. Remember cops have no business regarding anything to do with cars or driving.
I don't follow what you are getting at here.

I am perfectly fine with cops parking there - if they need to get out in an emergency they need to be close to the station. My concern is with the regular civilians leaving their cars there for what seems like forever.

They are parked in 'no parking anytime' zones, fire hydrants and perpendicular to the curb (like cops do) and yet they are not cops and do not get tickets.

I am asking how this can get resolved.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I don't follow what you are getting at here.

I am perfectly fine with cops parking there - if they need to get out in an emergency they need to be close to the station. My concern is with the regular civilians leaving their cars there for what seems like forever.

They are parked in 'no parking anytime' zones, fire hydrants and perpendicular to the curb (like cops do) and yet they are not cops and do not get tickets.

I am asking how this can get resolved.
Why would you want to bother people as long as all is peaceful and everything works?

Old 04-08-2015, 01:20 PM

That's the problem, the system doesnt work.

Think about it - If there is a fire on the block every second counts and the firemen need to know where the hydrant is.

There are cars that have been there since the first snowfall in November that have flat tires.

No reason for any car to use the public streets as their own private parking spot.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:21 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,583 times
Quote:
That's the problem, the system doesnt work.

Think about it - If there is a fire on the block every second counts and the firemen need to know where the hydrant is.

There are cars that have been there since the first snowfall in November that have flat tires.

No reason for any car to use the public streets as their own private parking spot.
Perhaps they are cars owned by police? Useless trying to ticket a cop..,it will be dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: