Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 12:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimbomlu89 View Post
I dont think white guys prefer asian girls, they just settle for them because they are easier to get. A asian girl who is a 7 on looks scale is much more easy compared to a white girl who is a 7.

Well at least thats the case for me.
A 7 in NYC is a 2 in Miami and LA.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:58 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,453,043 times
I don't know about the Sunbelt. I'm dark skinned and I've always done well in the Midwest where I'm from. But the Midwest is not as status obsessed as the Northeast. I've heard a lot of dark skinned men here in Virginia say they had it rough. I've also heard dark skinned women from places like Texas say their troubles were part of the reason they prefer White men. Midwest just feels like a place you can get anything without the political bulls#$@. Even my wife, who is dark skinned, had problems growing up in West Virginia. I'm sure everyone has their own experiences but skin tone, or race, was never an impediment to get a Black or White woman for me.

Pedigree has a lot to do with it. That was always an issue, regardless of the race of the woman. I might get somewhere on proximity, like we both to a private school, work at the same job, etc. At least with White women. Black women tend to trade up; they'll entertain the Black guy in the same station in life until an opportunity presents itself to do something different. I'm sure most women can be like this across the board. I can't really attest to it, but perception can be everything, even if there are inconvenient truths you can't see, because you're focused on the rhetoric.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:19 AM

Its better to just at least try and talk to the woman you want and see where it goes rather than psych yourself out. Regardless of money, class, race, pedigree, or station in life. If you treat the woman like she's better than you, even subconsciously, she'll act like she is. Its a self fulfilling prophecy.

I have a lot of respect for men that will just walk into any place and try to see the possibilities are. It may be illogical, but at least you learn from your failures. You may never get the girl but you're better prepared for the bulls%$@ when you do. Getting the girl is less than half the battle. A lot of these women we want, we struggle to maintain anyway.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting to have a privileged White woman, but I learned early on in life its a job I don't want to have. You're better off with the girl next door that just happens to be White. You don't have to deal with that pretentious bulls&%$.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:02 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
I dont think white guys prefer asian girls, they just settle for them because they are easier to get. A asian girl who is a 7 on looks scale is much more easy compared to a white girl who is a 7.

Maybe. But that's a lot of generalizing. Maybe a significant chunk of white dudes just happen to be more attracted to Asian girls. I'm Latino so I'm a neutral party here but on average I find Asian women more attractive than white women.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
A 7 in NYC is a 2 in Miami and LA.
Keep in mind the population of miami could fit several times over in NYC. The hot women in NYC just get lost in the huge pot of sauce.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:

That sucks; don't settle for anything. I'm actually attracted to Asian girls. They're interesting, but that's probably because I don't know much about the culture. It seems like they either want White men, or have more in common with them.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:05 AM

46 posts, read 36,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Maybe. But that's a lot of generalizing. Maybe a significant chunk of white dudes just happen to be more attracted to Asian girls. I'm Latino so I'm a neutral party here but on average I find Asian women more attractive than white women.
I was on the same page as you until I came to New York. Huge chunk of white women in other states are overweight, they dont care for themselves but thats not the case in Manhattan. An Asian girls value will inevitably rise like in the MidWest because obesity is common. Asians girls tend to be skinny overall which gives them a huge advantage, but Id take a skinny white girl over a skinny asian any day.

To sum it up, an average asian girls value will skyrocket in places where obesity is common. Since an average asians diet consists of meat and vegetables they tend to maintain a normal weight.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:17 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,206 times
Quote:
I was on the same page as you until I came to New York. Huge chunk of white women in other states are overweight, they dont care for themselves but thats not the case in Manhattan. An Asian girls value will inevitably rise like in the MidWest because obesity is common. Asians girls tend to be skinny overall which gives them a huge advantage, but Id take a skinny white girl over a skinny asian any day.

To sum it up, an average asian girls value will skyrocket in places where obesity is common. Since an average asians diet consists of meat and vegetables they tend to maintain a normal weight.
LOL, but what about the small boobies? But yeah the weight def matters more unless you like your meat to bounce back and some certainly do. So the general consensus in NYC, all else being equal, is the following pecking order: white girls > asian girls > all other girls. Seems reasonable since that's what I observe when looking around in restaurants, bars, workplace, etc.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:

I get what you are saying but you are assuming people have the same tastes. There is a significant amount of white dudes in NYC that are heavy into Asian women.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
LOL, but what about the small boobies? But yeah the weight def matters more unless you like your meat to bounce back and some certainly do. So the general consensus in NYC, all else being equal, is the following pecking order: white girls > asian girls > all other girls. Seems reasonable since that's what I observe when looking around in restaurants, bars, workplace, etc.
Don't even know what the heck that means. White girls alone is such a broad set of women. And again not accounting for individual tastes that vary greatly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City