Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 01:02 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,859,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Better luck next time!
Why are you stating "Better Luck next time"?

I was commenting on one sentence you wrote that Clarence Thomas being Black and Catholic was weird. It's not. Just because you see thousands of Black Evangelicals at mega churches on television, they don't represent all of the 13 million Black people all over the country. I'm not in a contest with you, just pointing out why your conclusion is not based on fact.

There are 8.2 million people in NYC, and 2.1 million people of all races are Catholic in NYC. Only 1/2 million of all races are split between the other protestant denominations. There are 2.1 people that consider themselves Black in NYC. Even if all the 1/2 million Protestants were Black that still leaves more than 1.75 million out and many of these would be Catholic.

The ratios of the other states with large Catholic populated cities measure with similar percentages.

Remember some neighborhoods every boros were majority Black until about a decade ago Even if those Catholic churches and schools were built when European immigrants lived in the areas, for 40 years or so they the schools and churches held up and stayed open with Black parishioners. It wasn't that long ago when you had to be a Catholic to attend the schools.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Why are you stating "Better Luck next time"?

I was commenting on one sentence you wrote that Clarence Thomas being Black and Catholic was weird. It's not. Just because you see thousands of Black Evangelicals at mega churches on television, they don't represent all of the 13 million Black people all over the country. I'm not in a contest with you, just pointing out why your conclusion is not based on fact.

There are 8.2 million people in NYC, and 2.1 million people of all races are Catholic in NYC. Only 1/2 million of all races are split between the other protestant denominations. There are 2.1 people that consider themselves Black in NYC. Even if all the 1/2 million Protestants were Black that still leaves more than 1.75 million out and many of these would be Catholic.

The ratios of the other states with large Catholic populated cities measure with similar percentages.

Remember some neighborhoods every boros were majority Black until about a decade ago Even if those Catholic churches and schools were built when European immigrants lived in the areas, for 40 years or so they the schools and churches held up and stayed open with Black parishioners. It wasn't that long ago when you had to be a Catholic to attend the schools.
That was meant for SIjack was was posting two response posts but yours only came out.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:20 PM
DAS

Quote:
Their is plenty of truth to this and I have witnessed it to a certain degree and even experienced it. First off I see two bodies of black women in NYC, well actually three. First off you have the ghetto hood black women, these women prefer to only date black men, but if your from another race but also hood they will still date or enter a relationship with you. Than you have educated, careerist black women here in the city regardless if they are from NYC or transient. These types of women for what its worth mainly date white men due to the fact they are exposed to them from going to college and in the professional work environment where black men only exist in small numbers in these realms that I mentioned compared to black women. Than you have immigrant black women from Latin America, the Anglo Caribbean and Africa, these women are very hard working, and are only looking to build themselves up towards the American dream along with being industrious. If I had a choice I would prefer black woman who is from overseas than the ones here are from NYC or came to NYC or came back to NYC to build a career.

Again I find black women in general in NYC to be very difficult. For the hood types, I'm not black enough, not hood enough. But then again I don't want that trash either. Than the career educated types, I'm not white enough, or don't have an amazing title to my name or what not. All I can do is look and say wow look at her butt in my head and move along, or saw wow she is a nice skin tone and move along. The most open women in this city are Latinas, than followed by transient whites and local ethnic whites. Again this is from my experience which differs from some or most in this city.
I consider you a very informed poster on this forum, but on this thread which is really about dating White women, I'm finding your posts on Blacks, and Black women to be very Archie Bunkerish, or stereotypical, which should have played out at least 20 years ago. But you are not alone.

You have only had experience with 3 types of Black women, but you do realize that their are 2.1 million Black people in NYC, and at least 1/3 are women. The others are men and children. I would blame that on the possibility that you don't live in a Black neighborhood, even if the people are dark they probably don't identify as Black, they probably identify with their culture that may consist of various complexions. Also that you have a limited association with Blacks, especially Black women.

The cost of living in NYC, and the population density also makes people that have lived here most of their lives behave in certain way, which is why you may prefer women from outside.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:40 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
Quote:
This is very to say the least. If no white man wants them they will go for a black or an Hispanic man, especially white women that are overweight or short.
Yeah but I'm not talking about ugly white girls. I'm talking about sexy white girls that make you jealous and pissed that some black or Hispanic guy has her. You can keep the ugly white girls, if you want them.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:55 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Some of you really need to step outside if you think all Black men lust for the fat and ugly White leftovers.

2015 and we're still stereotyping, geez.

& I'm so glad that I could give a rat's ass if Black and Hispanic males dating White women isn't "socially acceptable".

Old 04-14-2015, 03:09 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Some of you really need to step outside if you think all Black men lust for the fat and ugly White leftovers.

2015 and we're still stereotyping, geez.

& I'm so glad that I could give a rat's ass if Black and Hispanic males dating White women isn't "socially acceptable".
I would say its probably the other way around; those women are attracted to different types of men and are more open to interracial relationships, as well as other men. I think there are some men that genuinely like a larger woman, but it really starts off that way. Most times, the larger woman feels she has more of a chance with certain guys, and they start to project those experiences onto their preferences.

In other words, if you showed them more attention they probably wouldn't look elsewhere.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
I would say its probably the other way around; those women are attracted to different types of men and are more open to interracial relationships, as well as other men. I think there are some men that genuinely like a larger woman, but it really starts off that way. Most times, the larger woman feels she has more of a chance with certain guys, and they start to project those experiences onto their preferences.

In other words, if you showed them more attention they probably wouldn't look elsewhere.
This is very true to a certain . It's the women who are attracted to certain types of men and they usually land then or net them. For the past few years here in NYC is see plenty of larger women with smaller guys or guys who are very attractive. Again nothing wrong with that. First off the attractive guy does not really like larger or unattractive women but just wants an easy lay, while the larger or unattractive women gets an ego boost for landing a good looking man to be with her. Again I briefly dated a transplant from LA, she is black and on the large side. In LA she never had a boyfriend, but when she moved to NYC she had more men than her fingers can count. Sadly I wasn't her type.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:19 PM
DAS

Quote:
This is very true to a certain . It's the women who are attracted to certain types of men and they usually land then or net them. For the past few years here in NYC is see plenty of larger women with smaller guys or guys who are very attractive. Again nothing wrong with that. First off the attractive guy does not really like larger or unattractive women but just wants an easy lay, while the larger or unattractive women gets an ego boost for landing a good looking man to be with her. Again I briefly dated a transplant from LA, she is black and on the large side. In LA she never had a boyfriend, but when she moved to NYC she had more men than her fingers can count. Sadly I wasn't her type.
Now I have to get Archie Bunkerish myself LOL. You are young so you may not realize that there are different types of men. Some men are not attracted at all to larger women and may consider large and ugly the same thing. You appear to be one of those. Ugly is different things to different people.

Some men prefer larger women and find them attractive. Larger women are like other women there are some that are considered beautiful and some not so. Just like slim women they also have different body types, heights etc. The attraction to larger women starts at a young age. Just like it does for slim women. For this type of man a slim woman will not do. A large girl is their dream girl. I'm serious.

The thing is that there is societal pressure for men to be with slim women so when some men are young and have this preference, they are usually closet big girl freaks as we call them. They'll go out in public with slimmer girls but in private see big girls. This is because they are mentally not men yet, and cannot take the teasing that they may get.

However all boys grow up and come out of the closet with their large woman sooner or later. So that is what you are seeing. Yes it's true, for some reason really slim men are the majority that like large women. Muscular body building types, and average size men tend to like to like small women. Very slim men and women say that people of the opposite sex with a little meat on their bones feel better when they hug them. Bones rubbing against bones are not as comfortable.

Just letting you know because I read your post frequently and you want to move out of NYC and move up in the world. The rest of the US tends to be bigger and taller than NYC.. NYC has a lot of short and small or petite people. You make may comments because the person you are talking to may appear one way and everyone else in their family may look another way. Be careful unless you know for sure.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Now I have to get Archie Bunkerish myself LOL. You are young so you may not realize that there are different types of men. Some men are not attracted at all to larger women and may consider large and ugly the same thing. You appear to be one of those. Ugly is different things to different people.

Now its my turn to go Archie Bunker on you! Lol You don't think I realize that different types of men? Lol SMH. I hope you know that I have been with big women and even had relationships with them, they are no different than slim women, at times even worse and shallow. Like you said before all men grow up. Stuff like big butt, big boobs, nice cute face does not cut it anymore. Its all about personality, and how well a woman is caring for you and treats you regardless if she is big or small, ugly or not. I had been with big women and I'm not shallow with them, again this is NYC women have their pick of men to be with. On the flip side I had been with some big women who wanted the most good looking sexy men and were no longer attracted to me. I scratch my head at this, and watch these women get played, cheated become a single mom and so on and try to come back to me a year or two later!

Quote:
Some men prefer larger women and find them attractive. Larger women are like other women there are some that are considered beautiful and some not so. Just like slim women they also have different body types, heights etc. The attraction to larger women starts at a young age. Just like it does for slim women. For this type of man a slim woman will not do. A large girl is their dream girl. I'm serious.
You are joking right? Probably a BBW fetish?

Quote:
The thing is that there is societal pressure for men to be with slim women so when some men are young and have this preference, they are usually closet big girl freaks as we call them. They'll go out in public with slimmer girls but in private see big girls. This is because they are mentally not men yet, and cannot take the teasing that they may get.

Are you seriously joking about this? What societal pressure to date slim women? Here in NYC I see plenty of men in tow with big women all the time. Maybe outside of NYC this is different which I have seen before while visiting other states. But yes their are closet big girl freaks out there. They do whatever it takes to keep a man around and happy.

Quote:
However all boys grow up and come out of the closet with their large woman sooner or later. So that is what you are seeing. Yes it's true, for some reason really slim men are the majority that like large women. Muscular body building types, and average size men tend to like to like small women. Very slim men and women say that people of the opposite sex with a little meat on their bones feel better when they hug them. Bones rubbing against bones are not as comfortable .
This I already know. And again I don't think boys grow up to like big women, boys grow up to like women who are respectable, work together as a team, caring, a freak whether if she is hot or not and other positive nuances that is not related to physique. But yes you are right opposite body sizes feel better during cuddling.

Quote:
Just letting you know because I read your post frequently and you want to move out of NYC and move up in the world. The rest of the US tends to be bigger and taller than NYC.. NYC has a lot of short and small or petite people. You make may comments because the person you are talking to may appear one way and everyone else in their family may look another way. Be careful unless you know for sure.
You probably think I'm an ignorant uneducated Bronxite who never been anywhere outside of NYC? So far I have visited 1/4 of all states in the continuous landmass of America and yes I know that Americans are larger than average New Yorkers. I'm glad that people you like have this perception about people like me. Heck when I visit other parts of the country people ask me if I used to play football because of my build and height! Yes people from cities tend to be short. I remember reading an excerpt from NBA player back in the 90s who said people who grew up in cities tend to be smaller than folks who live in the burbs or the country.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:23 PM

69 posts, read 157,248 times
Everybody on the internet is an expert who's had every experience life has to offer so debating someone really is pointless on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City