Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 08:39 AM

7 posts, read 10,620 times

Advertisements

Building E. I would even say slightly above average considering the closet space and large (by nyc standards) bathroom. Im not crazy about the area though. There are some really run down houses right next to it. Some guys were out there blasting music when I went. Its convenient if you drive though. Enough parking and right off the Bronx River. Building looks really nice. The super was really sweet. He said they are trying to get nice, clean tenants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 08:39 AM

83 posts, read 83,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySkiez View Post
No I really dont think its that simple. Every case is different. They also returned my money order (rare whether accepted or denied). So I am not sure how they make their decisions.

Re: Video. Sorry I recorded it on my phone in portrait mode and cant rotate it

This is the STUDIO. Uploading 1 BR next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDvfzNy8TZI

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! I and many others have been looking everywhere for a glimps of them!!!! It's very rare to get the money order back since they use it to run a background check. If I were you I'd appeal the denial. Thanks again for the videos!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2016, 08:44 AM

14 posts, read 13,783 times
Thanks for the video! If you don't qualify by income they have to return your money order because they don't bother running a credit and background check.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:50 AM

7 posts, read 10,620 times
Thanks for the info Nathy. Well good luck to you both. The building really is nice. Completely carpeted hallways like a hotel and the views are beautiful

Old 12-26-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathy321 View Post
Thanks for the video! If you don't qualify by income they have to return your money order because they don't bother running a credit and background check.

Very true. Either way it's nice that she posted he videos for us to see. I think they're pretty big and the kitchen is beautiful. I can only imagine what the two bedrooms must look like. Still waiting on my letter to come in.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:50 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySkiez View Post
Thanks for the info Nathy. Well good luck to you both. The building really is nice. Completely carpeted hallways like a hotel and the views are beautiful
thanks for the videos. i seen both of em

Old 12-27-2016, 06:31 PM

Any updates guys???

Old 12-27-2016, 06:35 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,768 times
quote:
I would even say slightly above average considering the closet space and large (by nyc standards) bathroom. Im not crazy about the area though. There are some really run down houses right next to it. Some guys were out there blasting music when I went. Its convenient if you drive though. Enough parking and right off the Bronx River. Building looks really nice. The super was really sweet. He said they are trying to get nice, clean tenants.

This is why I said NO to every single one of the housing lotteries I got an interview for in the Bronx! Rehabbed buildings, but former slum buildings, (but ONLY for the new tenants.. jeez that doesn't breed resentment :/ ) and NOT all the tenants are even out yet. It's a mess. This looks like a nice one though, but still.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:36 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,768 times
If it's a new constructed building, I say go for it. If it's in the multiple rehabbed tenements through HPC/HPD? eh... no way, you are going to wind up being HATED if you move into these newly rehabbed apartments when the other tenants apartments are being neglected.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:38 PM

39 posts, read 40,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayDEE09 View Post
Any updates guys???
Nope . I'm just sitting by the phone /mail . I don't like the anxiety I just want to know yes or no .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery