Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:32 AM

454 posts, read 527,915 times

Advertisements

I dont think the building is ready yet. Cause last i checked the building hadnt received their Certificate of Occupany yet. I was told 6-8 weeks as well. But for a different development. No news is good news. Fingers crossed for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 12:29 PM

14 posts, read 37,301 times
Thanks for the info!!! I'll just chill cause it's gonna be a wait ...

Old 10-24-2015, 05:16 AM

35 posts, read 100,787 times
Hi Everybody,
I originally posted the first post on this thread and just wanted to give you guys an update. I had my interview on May 20, 2015 and was told I'd be contacted in 6-8 weeks, which did not happen. I constantly emailed and called the woman that I had the interview with and all the attempts that I made went unanswered for a while. I then made one last attempt and wrote to the woman. I reminded her about how she told me the best way to contact her is via email but I have made numerous attempts and she does not respond and it's now 3 months, when I was told I would hear back from them in 6-8 weeks, what happened? She finally replied telling me that my application is "IP", which means in progress, and that I would be contacted through mail or a phone call with their decision (mind you everything I've done with this entire process has been through the internet, the app. and my interview letter, and originally during the interview she told me I would be contacted via email with the decision). I worry about them trying to contact me and I do not recieve the call, email, or letter. So, about three weeks ago, I sent the woman yet another email asking if my app. is still "IP"?....what a big surprise, she did not respond. SMH. I do not really know what is going on with this management company all I can say is I have not been having a very pleasant exprience with them. From everything I have been reading with everyone else it seems like this is just how they are. If I ever hear back from these people again I will give you guys an update.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:02 PM

436 posts, read 495,392 times
Do any of you guys have any updates with this commons? Any approval yet? Move in? Anything??

Old 12-10-2015, 11:16 AM

14 posts, read 37,352 times
any news ???

Old 12-17-2015, 11:35 AM

13 posts, read 32,457 times
Has anybody been approve yet ?

Old 12-26-2015, 05:49 AM

4 posts, read 10,360 times
I got a call about a week and a half ago that the building is basically ready and to bring in all updated paperwork. But my income has significantly grown since my initial application and I'm not willing to pay the rent to share the building with the tenants straight out the shelter. And no offense to anyone who will move in there but I already work in a similar setting and I wouldn't want to live in one as well. Basically now that the rent would be closer to market rate for me, the opportunity is no longer as affordable given the drawbacks. Good luck to all applicants!

Old 12-29-2015, 12:45 PM

@ xoangelica
I understand what you are saying, but according to the listings it says that they are building four buildings , building A is for Low income, building B & D are for middle income from 60K to 90k, and building C is for senior citizens, so i'm not sure about the shelter settings you were talking about unless they told you, you only qualify for building A which is for low income. did they tell you which building you were going to move into ?

Old 12-29-2015, 05:25 PM

4 posts, read 10,360 times
@glove156 I didn't move forward with the application after I got called back a couple weeks ago to send in updated documents and view the apartment. I found out it was a shared space with shelter tenants during the initial interview.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:11 AM

@ xoangelica okay thanks for the information, still waiting to be called or contacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery