U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:33 PM

202 posts, read 168,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
No. I never liked the cat calling or being stared at while walking down the street. It makes me feel very uncomfortable. And the milf comments I hear make me cringe even more. A man can just walk to where he needs to get, no problems. I'm envious.

I don't like the term MILF. What it stands for sounds incestuous, and I think it's a mistake that so many women have not protested it becoming a household term. When a woman says that she's a MILF she's basically claiming that her son wants her. This is not appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I see your "mom" then came back in February to use your account again just to get into arguments with people on the board.

You and your "mom" both like to make posts about morality and immorality. A good first step towards being a less immoral person would be to stop making pathetic troll posts.

Frankly Henna, I don't know you from Adam, but my mom is generally a pretty good judge of character. That you had a beef with her says more about you than it does about her.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Whether this is a troll post or not I like the subject matter.

It's not immoral or illegal when they're on display in public like that. So what if you're attracted to your subject matter? I'm sure some of the guys that took my picture as a teenage model were pervs, but what they think or do in private with the photo is none of my business. I used to have people stop me in the street to ask to take a photo of me, or their photo with me like I'm some celebrity. I still do sometimes but not nearly as often as when I was younger. Now days with camera phones and the hyper connectivity of social media I don't want my picture taken as much anymore so I generally try to avoid it if I can. I didn't used to openly question it really prior to camera phones. I figure it's natural and healthy to admire beauty in public or in private if they so choose, or do what they want with the photo like tell people back home this is their girlfriend out West for all I care. Just try to be respectful and don't be a stalker about it. You have to balance it.
I'm glad that some women have the maturity to see it as a compliment. If I were walking down the street and I saw females taking pics of me I would register it as a nice thing.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:40 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,181,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaferOne View Post
I don't like the term MILF. What it stands for sounds incestuous, and I think it's a mistake that so many women have not protested it becoming a household term. When a woman says that she's a MILF she's basically claiming that her son wants her. This is not appropriate.
Well not exactly.. The term is used for an attractive woman who has kids or could be a mom. NOT their mom.
Nor do I think ( by calling herself a MILF) that she claiming she wants to have sex with her son, but rather someone younger than herself.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,476,972 times
I think it's wrong to take pictures of anyone without their consent if they're clearly identifiable, ie not in the background, turned away, etc. Someone I met on a trip took a really unflattering picture of me eating and posted it online and I was really angry about it.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:41 PM

2,575 posts, read 1,893,416 times
Quote:
I'm glad that some women have the maturity to see it as a compliment. If I were walking down the street and I saw females taking pics of me I would register it as a nice thing.
I'm sure my perspective is different than others due to my early background modeling and later my area of formal education and professional training. Plus I tend to assume the best of others. I'll also play dumb so people feel smarter even though I probably know more but don't want to come off as a know it all, and I often over look intentions in order to make people feel more comfortable and at ease with me. Sometimes it's just easier that way.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:43 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
It just seems like a waste to not capture these beauties in all their glory, if only for posterity's sake.
I would venture to guess that their families, boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and all of their other friends and extended families have taken enough photos for posterity without your help.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:24 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,720,926 times
Quote:
LMAO! I thought Blacks were ugly and Whites had superior looks? Why not approach these women? Fear of rejection? LMAO.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:15 AM

415 posts, read 304,361 times
Aren't you obligated to advise us of your registered sex offender status?

Old 05-13-2015, 06:04 AM

1,935 posts, read 2,127,213 times
Look all you want, but picture taking starts getting into perv territory.

With the advent of year-round yoga pants/tights that seems to be mandatory in the wardrobe of every hot nyc chick, I don't really miss dresses that much.

Thank god its not the 90s anymore, when every hot chick was wearing stupid baggy cargo pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City