U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:38 AM

279 posts, read 334,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
A black man, but what does he have to do with me like what does jefferey dahmer have to do with you?

You kind of wasted you time making this stupid thread other than to falsely entertain prejudice people like yourself.

I suggest you get off logs tho, because your people are way more violent than the hammer man and you know it.

I swear there is nothing worse than a racist New York yankee. What are you doing living in New York with that attitude?
"Your people"? Talk about irony...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 10:41 AM

2,724 posts, read 2,863,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
How about keep them institutionalized (as this man was) and make sure he is taking his meds (he was not) so that he isn't a danger to himself or anyone else? I suppose your solution is to let these people walk around the city attacking innocent people until they have to be hunted down by the police? That doesn't seem like a plausible solution to me. He's been in and out of mental institutions and in constant run-ins with the law, so obviously he didn't just become a menace overnight now did he?
My sister is a psychiatrist who worked in ERs and sees a lot of these mental patients. A lot of them are homeless and go in and out of the system. Do you know why they get discharged? They have no insurance so no one is paying for their treatment. The hospital isn't going to just keep them there indefinitely and absorb all the costs. There are no mental wards to house all of these people.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
My sister is a psychiatrist who worked in ERs and sees a lot of these mental patients. A lot of them are homeless and go in and out of the system. Do you know why they get discharged? They have no insurance so no one is paying for their treatment. The hospital isn't going to just keep them there indefinitely and absorb all the costs. There are no mental wards to house all of these people.
And that's the problem. They are released back into society to do God knows what. There's a big problem with the current set up that needs to be addressed.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:26 PM

7,901 posts, read 6,472,299 times
Bullets are cheap. We need to recognize that being a carbon life form that walks on two feet does not automatically mean human.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:40 PM

9,952 posts, read 8,438,330 times
If he lives and goes to jail, as some point he's likely to get out, and be a threat again (and, after hurting or killing more people, go back to prison.) Also, we have to pay to keep him in prison.

If he's dead, the problem has been eliminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Never understood this way of thinking. I'd much rather someone rot in prison. It's a much worse punishment.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If he lives and goes to jail, as some point he's likely to get out, and be a threat again (and, after hurting or killing more people, go back to prison.) Also, we have to pay to keep him in prison.

If he's dead, the problem has been eliminated.
So you don't believe in rehabilitation in any form? If that's the case, that means we don't need prisons either.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:45 PM

15,228 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
So you don't believe in rehabilitation in any form? If that's the case, that means we don't need prisons either.
nope, I dont.

you kill someone, you should be put to death, immeditely.

the boston bombers, Tsarnev, it would have taken me all of 30 seconds to determine his fate, and he would have been dead already.

hammer man, sorry, I hope he dies.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:37 PM

9,832 posts, read 21,491,753 times
This guy should have been on meds and monitored. Meanwhile we are talking about prison and about how he should die. NYC is actually lucky this type of stuff doesn't happen more because I see unmedicated schizos all the time in this city.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
This guy should have been on meds and monitored. Meanwhile we are talking about prison and about how he should die. NYC is actually lucky this type of stuff doesn't happen more because I see unmedicated schizos all the time in this city.
He was on meds. Problem was he stopped taking them.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:06 AM

44,564 posts, read 43,091,728 times
All this talk about "he'll get out", here is a question. How many criminals who get life in prison actually get out of prison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or