U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:00 AM

44,606 posts, read 43,151,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
We should ban hammers just like guns. Right? Both can be used to kill people.
If hammers are banned, what else is left? Fists. People have died getting punched. My point is that banning a particular object will not stop someone from committing murder. If someone has a violent mentality, has a "live by the sword, die by the sword" attitude, has deep reserves of hatred and anger, and no regard for the law, nothing will stop someone from doing certain things. England, where guns are all but banned, shootings still take place. Stabbings take place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 12:08 PM

250 posts, read 218,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
Intelligence is not a social construct. Fact: all measurable intelligence is 100% heritable.
I said race is a social construct. Not intelligence. Intelligence is measured by how you see the wrold, how you solve problems and how you approach them with a level of sophistication and you lack all of those things. Intelligent people Are always looking for the facts, not what bolsters their pov. A person of any race can be just as intelligent as anyone else. White racists like you are the most mentally inferior beings on the planet becuase you allow propaganda, emotion, hate, jealously and a bunch of morons who peddle master race screeds to corrupt your minds. Along with Islamic radicals, Christian fundamentalists, hardcore leftists, right wingers and others who lack any critical thinking skills.

When I hear diatribes about how people with african ancestry lack intelligence, I point to George H W Bush, a member of the elites. Or Sarah Palin. The Alaskian Barbarian who said she she can see Russia from wherever she lives. She's a master at sophistry but a complete idiot nonetheless. I mean, I could name many more idiots who are white or European with a braint of an ant, but that would take up an entire thread just to prove how stupid you are.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:32 AM

202 posts, read 169,281 times
I don't know why there are people who think blacks are less attractive and intelligent as nonblacks. It seems insane.

This is the height of black achievement:

Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:27 AM

80 posts, read 30,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaferOne View Post
I don't know why there are people who think blacks are less attractive and intelligent as nonblacks. It seems insane.

This is the height of black achievement:

Pretty impressive, if you ask me.
I'll let someone else hand you your head on a platter. Obviously you (and your mother) don't get out much, judging from your posts on CD. Or maybe you just have too much time on your hands. Maybe you should get out more, see what blacks and other races have accomplished. Maybe that will motivate you to actually do something with your life instead of trolling message boards.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:33 AM

202 posts, read 169,281 times
What are you talking about? I said I was impressed with black achievement. Are you saying you don't think the mudhut is an impressive high water mark for a people?

Old 05-21-2015, 10:42 AM

283 posts, read 441,409 times
As a person branded with schizophrenia and nearly institutionalized himself, I'm just glad my human/civil rights are inalienable and supersede the nonsense ideas of you armchair psychiatrists and junior eugenicists on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Problem is that the mentally ill are not removed from society until no longer a menace.

If incurable and state cannot afford long term warehousing, humane euthanasia is the only way to be sure these sick SOB's don't hurt innocent citizens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
I only see mental illness here, not ethnicity.

If a dog becomes vicious, we put it down to protect society.

The violent mentally ill must be treated the same way since most are incurable and would need a secure facility for life.

Don't see any racial differences here. Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer were Caucasian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
^ couldn't agree more. The mentally ill should not be treated with kids' gloves and left to wander the streets. Incarcerate or euthanize. Productive, respectful, beneficial members of society should not be subjected to the dangers inherent in allowing these near-people to interact with the general populace.

Short of those options, states like NY in particular should be finally forced to recognize the inherent right of self-defense encoded in the Constitution of this land. If hammer man's "right" to terrorize society needs to be protected for some reason, then my right to put him down like a dog when he snaps should also be protected.

Thank god I can carry a gun 24/7 in the New New York we live in. I feel terrible for those who respect the 2nd Amendment who cannot. I feel nothing for those who vote Dem, support anti-gun causes and then get victimized. Actually, I laugh when that happens.
^^^^ This type of insane thinking is exactly why I left the mental death system and never looked back. It's eugenics in disguise, and is as dangerous and destructive as the Hammer guy himself.

Nevermind the fact that what you're suggesting is barbaric and inhumane.

Nevermind the fact that it's completely unconstitutional and would never be legally allowed anyway.

Nevermind the fact that there is no objective medical standard for anything called "mental illness", and this is the main reason why the "mentally ill" (self included) are allowed to roam the street in the first place.

Nevermind the fact that, statistically-speaking, people branded with schizophrenia are more likely to be victims of violence than perps.

Nevermind the fact that the Hammer dude could just be a sociopath who simply doesn't care about human life and his supposed "disorder" might have nothing to do with it.

No! Everyone's rights should be up for grab because *you* say so, and all that's needed is an arbitrary label and some public fears stoked.

Thank God the world doesn't work that way in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
A better question is why isn't something being done to deal with the mentally unstable in this city? News reports say that this guy suffered from schizophrenia and had not been taking his medication. The guy shouldn't have been walking on the streets to begin with. Seems to be too many cases where people are out on the streets seriously injuring or even killing other people and are not in an institution where they belong.
Because institutions in most applications are unconstitutional, and "mental instability" is conjecture.

Quote:
How about keep them institutionalized (as this man was) and make sure he is taking his meds (he was not) so that he isn't a danger to himself or anyone else? I suppose your solution is to let these people walk around the city attacking innocent people until they have to be hunted down by the police? That doesn't seem like a plausible solution to me. He's been in and out of mental institutions and in constant run-ins with the law, so obviously he didn't just become a menace overnight now did he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
This guy should have been on meds and monitored. Meanwhile we are talking about prison and about how he should die. NYC is actually lucky this type of stuff doesn't happen more because I see unmedicated schizos all the time in this city.
Quote:
He was on meds. Problem was he stopped taking them.
Psychotropic drugs have actually been implicated in causing an increase in dopamine receptors in the brain via rebound effect, i.e. they indirectly lead to enhanced symptoms during sudden withdrawal...and people stop taking them because they are neurotoxic and have horrible side effects.

Medication is the problem, not the solution.

Last edited by Pookie Jenkins; 05-21-2015 at 11:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or