U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:45 PM

10,010 posts, read 8,492,915 times

Advertisements

There is very little that Bla has either proposed or implemented that is worth anything. Vision Bull$hit is ridiculous. Nothing but a thinly veiled excuse to squeeze more money out of drivers. Really, anywhere else in the country 25 MPH is a school zone speed limit for a could hundred yard, not the whole damn city. People should be paintballing the red light and speed cameras just to screw with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 04:34 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,539,930 times
I haven't read enough about DeBlasio to have an informed opinion of him yet - but, my goodness, what a pleasure to read a post by someone who is capable of writing negatively about him, while opining thoughtfully and coherently, as opposed to the posters who started yelling he was a failure immediately after he assume office.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:53 PM

215 posts, read 464,582 times
He is a one term mayor. He will have zero support from civil service, not just NYPD. He is disturbingly close with Al Sharpton. As a career driver in the city, the vision zero has done more harm than good. Not even half way through his term, he is giving lectures in California, Nebraska, & DC about how he wants to change policies. And he has been known for his lateness with important local events.

But he still has over 2 years left, me might redeem himself. He has a big hole to get out of though.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:14 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,423,617 times
Can't believe that we have such a divisive mayor in one of the most racially/culturally diverse cities on earth. Sorry can't vote for a mayor that stands for equal outcomes for all by dragging down those that work hard. As a minority of minorities that grew up poor in NYC and worked my way out of poverty I can't support someone who gives away my money and my son's future to all the losers I've encountered growing up. In all the years past my 18th birthday I never felt a need to really vote. And his bias policies gave me no choice to register to vote for the first time in my life earlier this year. For that I thank him. He reminded me that democracy doesn't equal fairness at times. Democracy however enables the will of those that vote not matter whether their will is based on good or evil, hate or love, selfishness or generosity.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:09 PM

456 posts, read 760,304 times
He's too divisive and smug.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:33 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,548,221 times
De blasio is a terrible mayor. He has zero vision for NYC. Its like Commodus taking over Rome from Marcus Aurelius. His Pre-K is nothing but over glorified daycare. He's done nothing for the poor that voted him in. May be he discontinued stop and frisk, but crime is definitely up. All the crazies that the NYPD kept under control are starting to come out. Rents are still high and developers only build luxury stuff.

He's doing nothing to bring in new industries or even artists to the city.

Also, why was he so obsessed with horse carriages? The city has a rising homeless problem and he wanted to put people out of work. He was obviously smoking too much weed in latin america. I think he was in bed with some real estate developers that wanted the land the stables are on.

New york city always needs a politically independent, visionary, tech savy, entrepreneurial, socially liberal mayor or a 90's Giuliani.

Bloomberg was an excellent mayor for his first 2 terms. He kept NYC going through one of the biggest recessions in US history while other cities crumbled.

I hope its the poor that vote De blasio out after they realize he did nothing for them and continues to do so. Just because his son has an afro doesn't mean he's fit to government. How can you have a communist govern the most capitalist city in America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or