Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 04:12 PM

415 posts, read 514,200 times

Advertisements

The answer has to be that the consequences are intended, no?

I'm a NYC landlord. I own all sorts of crap from co-ops to multi family buildings and everything in-between.

I was perusing through some the landlord vs. tenant threads and there's a common theme: Because of liberal policy, NYC landlords only want to rent to younger, single persons and young couples without children.

So, I'm thinking that the rules which are supposed to protect children and the elderly are actually designed to keep those two groups of renters away from "desirable" areas.

What do those two groups have in common? Well, they produce little or nothing and suck up lots of expensive social services.

I knew liberals were evil and this is more proof :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 04:26 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
It isn't a liberal thing. It's a human thing.

Why are intelligent conservatives incapable of seeing unintended consequences ? Example,the invasion of Iraq and the toppling of Saddam Hussein: conservatives told us it would be a 3 month war and that we would be welcomed with open arms as liberators.It was going to end all our problems. Do we need to go into the decades long nightmare that has ensued and all of the unintended consequences ?

Which mess is the bigger mess ?

Plenty of blame to go around for everyone with all the messes that have been created at home and abroad over the last 50 years or so and guess what ? None of it is going to get any better until we stop pointing fingers and take communal blame for all of it.

Your kind of blame pointing thinking is useless and hopelessly out of date.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It isn't a liberal thing. It's a human thing.

Why are intelligent conservatives incapable of seeing unintended consequences ? Example,the invasion of Iraq and the toppling of Saddam Hussein: conservatives told us it would be a 3 month war and that we would be welcomed with open arms as liberators.It was going to end all our problems. Do we need to go into the decades long nightmare that has ensued and all of the unintended consequences ?

Which mess is the bigger mess ?

Plenty of blame to go around for everyone with all the messes that have been created at home and abroad over the last 50 years or so and guess what ? None of it is going to get any better until we stop pointing fingers and take communal blame for all of it.

Your kind of blame pointing thinking is useless and hopelessly out of date.
***woosh***

^^ That's the noise my point made as it flew right over your small-ish head.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:49 PM

102 posts, read 145,882 times
Liberals are, like most everyone else, after a result that they want. BUT, more important to a typical liberal is feeling good about doing something! Something always must be done. Someone is in dire straits and liberals are there to help. Don't analyze the problem too much---do SOMETHING!

Then they'll say conservatives suck because they don't want to do something.

The visions of the anointed.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:08 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Yup. Like the good little libbies who vote happily to disarm themselves so that they are forced to rely on the police for all of their protection...

...then hate the police and undermine them at every turn.

Thankfully I have nothing to worry about on that one. Where I go, my Glock goes.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:55 PM

814 posts, read 911,224 times
intelligent liberal sounds just as ridiculous as military intelligence

Old 05-13-2015, 09:30 PM

912 posts, read 1,131,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
The answer has to be that the consequences are intended, no?

I'm a NYC landlord. I own all sorts of crap from co-ops to multi family buildings and everything in-between.

I was perusing through some the landlord vs. tenant threads and there's a common theme: Because of liberal policy, NYC landlords only want to rent to younger, single persons and young couples without children.

So, I'm thinking that the rules which are supposed to protect children and the elderly are actually designed to keep those two groups of renters away from "desirable" areas.

What do those two groups have in common? Well, they produce little or nothing and suck up lots of expensive social services.

I knew liberals were evil and this is more proof :-)
First, you do realize that there are laws in place that protect renters from discrimination because they have children or are elderly? If any renter feels they have been discriminated against because of their, age familial status, or race, they have plenty of legal recourse. Especially in a tenant friendly city as New York.

Second, have you been to desirable areas lately? Many are full of strollers. You know what that mean? BABIES, BABIES, BABIES. Everywhere. I swear, in some of the older neighborhoods with the narrow sidewalks, I have to walk out onto the street to avoid the strollers.

Third, as a landlord myself, I seek the most qualified, STABLE tenant. I would rather rent to a single mother with excellent credit and a stable, well paying job, than to a young frat boy who just started working on wall street. I'm sure most sane landlords would agree with me.

Its hilarious that conservatives ***** and moan about expensive social programs, when the biggest welfare queens are corporations. They talk about cutting government pork, but insist on wasting money on their pet projects. Remember when the Army said it didn't need more tanks, but Congress insisted they have more tanks. Where was the thread on that topic?

Anyway this thread is nothing more than a political rant, with nothing substantial to debate or discuss.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:14 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Where I go, my Glock goes.
Glocks suck!

If i was a land lord, I would want a catholic nun that doesn't rape children as tenet. A nun isn't going to party and probably isn't going to be smoking weed in my unit.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
First, you do realize that there are laws in place that protect renters from discrimination because they have children or are elderly? If any renter feels they have been discriminated against because of their, age familial status, or race, they have plenty of legal recourse. Especially in a tenant friendly city as New York.

Second, have you been to desirable areas lately? Many are full of strollers. You know what that mean? BABIES, BABIES, BABIES. Everywhere. I swear, in some of the older neighborhoods with the narrow sidewalks, I have to walk out onto the street to avoid the strollers.

Third, as a landlord myself, I seek the most qualified, STABLE tenant. I would rather rent to a single mother with excellent credit and a stable, well paying job, than to a young frat boy who just started working on wall street. I'm sure most sane landlords would agree with me.

Its hilarious that conservatives ***** and moan about expensive social programs, when the biggest welfare queens are corporations. They talk about cutting government pork, but insist on wasting money on their pet projects. Remember when the Army said it didn't need more tanks, but Congress insisted they have more tanks. Where was the thread on that topic?

Anyway this thread is nothing more than a political rant, with nothing substantial to debate or discuss.
Try not to be offended but you need to work a little on reading comprehension instead of spouting off childish reactionary rants.

Generally my writing is clumsy and unfocused but in this case I was crystal clear. Like one of those mountain lakes clear, right? I was focusing on renters. The strollers you see generally belong to owners.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:59 AM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Glocks suck!
10,000 plus rounds and not a single malfunction yet. I definitely trust it with my life in DeBlasio's NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City