Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:23 PM

18 posts, read 22,206 times

Advertisements

yes, i cancelled my ezpass although they said that even with police report i wont get my money back.
Now have to pray that it wont be alot of $$ to fix car window. thanks to everyone for their input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 08:17 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgb205 View Post
yes, i cancelled my ezpass although they said that even with police report i wont get my money back.
Now have to pray that it wont be alot of $$ to fix car window. thanks to everyone for their input.
I thought you said you found out your EZ Pass was stolen because you noticed new charges popping up on your account. Does this mean you didn't notice your car had a broken window first?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:28 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,328,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I thought you said you found out your EZ Pass was stolen because you noticed new charges popping up on your account. Does this mean you didn't notice your car had a broken window first?
I took it to mean the OP didn't notice the EZ pass was stolen until the charges popped up. If someone breaks into your car, you probably don't think to check if your EZ pass is missing. I don't attach mine to the window, it's in the center console, so if it's taken I probably wouldn't notice until I tried to go through the toll or if charges popped up (I don't drive that often either).

Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
I took it to mean the OP didn't notice the EZ pass was stolen until the charges popped up. If someone breaks into your car, you probably don't think to check if your EZ pass is missing. I don't attach mine to the window, it's in the center console, so if it's taken I probably wouldn't notice until I tried to go through the toll or if charges popped up (I don't drive that often either).
My car was also broken into and I did check to see what was stolen. I noticed right away that the EZ pass was gone. So that's why I was asking. It seems a little weird not to check what might be missing when your window is broken.

But thanks for your conjecture.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

yes i received an email from ezpass about my credit card being charged. I didnt drive the car for a few days so I went to look and then saw that ezpass was gone and broken window. I dont drive my car every day so without the email from ezpass i wouldnt know about this for quite some time.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:32 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
Sorry, while I understand everyones point in this post-

The OP basically sees this as "it's like, 100% easy to track and catch this criminal who broke into my car".
... and he's right.

Why isn't the police / TBTA / MTA / Port Authority on board?
... this i'm unsure of.

It's easy to prove possession of a stolen EZ pass. It's easy to flag a stolen one.
They should move in on this.

I reaffirm, they only would care if you cite they might be terrorists.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:52 AM

415 posts, read 513,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Sorry, while I understand everyones point in this post-

The OP basically sees this as "it's like, 100% easy to track and catch this criminal who broke into my car".
... and he's right.

Why isn't the police / TBTA / MTA / Port Authority on board?
... this i'm unsure of.

It's easy to prove possession of a stolen EZ pass. It's easy to flag a stolen one.
They should move in on this.

I reaffirm, they only would care if you cite they might be terrorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
Make sure that your "police report" (form 61) correctly identifies the crime which is grand larceny, not petit larceny.

The police cook the books on crime reports to artificially underreport crime. If you want more patrol in your sector, you need to make certain this isn't knocked down to a petty crime.

This is very important for you to do. Don't let them bully you or push you around, ok?

It's for the common good. Sorry about your loss,

IT'S ALL ABOUT MANIPULATING REPORTS TO GIVE THE PUBLIC THE PERCEPTION THAT CRIME IS DOWN.

Giuliani + demographics + stricter sentencing did a terrific job of turning one of the most crime ridden cities in America into Maybury RFD. But, that was 10 years gone by now.

Crime has been returning but all involved from the precinct bosses to politicians and business leaders conspire to cook the books on crime...

Old 05-16-2015, 06:02 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
Call EZ pass and have it cancelled. When the thief uses it, it will indicate it is not valid and MAYBE a cop will pull him over.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:23 PM

update to this.

So I've cancelled my ezpass as was suggested and as mentioned earlier report was filed with police.

Today I receive email from ezpass "This is an electronic reminder from MTA Bridges and Tunnels that Deferred Toll Payment Form Number <> was issued to your vehicle with license plate number <PA license plates here> on <date/time here> You may pay this outstanding toll by one of the following methods. etc etc

So aparently the thief didnt know about the cancellation and attempted another trip through the toll gate with the cancelled EZ tag. Ezpass obviously is not fully aware in their system that cancellation happened either and sent me the license plates on the thief's car asking to pay up for his final trip.

Today I go to the police precinct to give them this slam dunk piece of information: surely plates # is sufficient to find/arrest the person. Turns out the case was closed. After speaking to receptionist she made a note of plates. After pressing her on what's going to happen next one of the POs came over and in a slightly annoyed tone of voice told me that it's up to detective if this case is to be investigated further. Asked if I can get an update he told me there is just no way to get an update. I took it to mean that even with license plates available, still no one is going to take a look at this.

PS: And yes the initial report WAS filed as 'petit larceny'

Old 06-01-2015, 09:35 PM

5,111 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgb205 View Post
update to this.

So I've cancelled my ezpass as was suggested and as mentioned earlier report was filed with police.

Today I receive email from ezpass "This is an electronic reminder from MTA Bridges and Tunnels that Deferred Toll Payment Form Number <> was issued to your vehicle with license plate number <PA license plates here> on <date/time here> You may pay this outstanding toll by one of the following methods. etc etc

So aparently the thief didnt know about the cancellation and attempted another trip through the toll gate with the cancelled EZ tag. Ezpass obviously is not fully aware in their system that cancellation happened either and sent me the license plates on the thief's car asking to pay up for his final trip.

Today I go to the police precinct to give them this slam dunk piece of information: surely plates # is sufficient to find/arrest the person. Turns out the case was closed. After speaking to receptionist she made a note of plates. After pressing her on what's going to happen next one of the POs came over and in a slightly annoyed tone of voice told me that it's up to detective if this case is to be investigated further. Asked if I can get an update he told me there is just no way to get an update. I took it to mean that even with license plates available, still no one is going to take a look at this.

PS: And yes the initial report WAS filed as 'petit larceny'
ha, this makes me lose my respect for those lazy tax money-fed parasites of our communities. They would rather go around to arrest man spreading instead of track down those malicious criminals? What have I missed to understand the logic behind this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City