U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 10:11 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,237,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Unlike some, however, I will not completely turn my back on these communities. If you do so, you do so at your own peril as the "problem" individuals will end up on your doorstep (just as many are now moving into the suburbs) if fundamental problems are not addressed.
I would think the problem is already at our doorstep given there are projects spread across all of NYC. What would be great is if they can move and isolate the problem to the Bronx and Lower Westchester. Unfortunately progress in NYC is slow and who knows how long it will take (I suppose rezoning/gentrifying East New York is a good start).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 12:00 AM

14,835 posts, read 17,423,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle, Newark. These are three really bad suburbs. As others pointed out, other suburbs have an influx of poor New York City transplants. Lets not talk about the heroine epidemic in suburban communities.

I feel that people are using liberal to mean rich. The best parts of the city one needs to be an executive to live in.
Drugs in the suburbs is not a new phenomenon. 30 years ago suburbanites would travel to Williamsburg Brooklyn to pick up drugs and bring them back to the burbs to sell. Suburbs always had a drug problem but is well hidden. I blame liberals for a lot of things but yet they segregate themselves from other ethnic liberals while their kids get bullied at school by moderate and conservative whites.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:13 AM

14,835 posts, read 17,423,298 times
I hope we will have a self service whole foods and star bucks in the this city pretty soon. Look at the attitudes of folks on this thread. But then again, you never mess with a black man and his burger.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:39 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 48,425,021 times
Reminding myself not to go to Brooklyn when I visit New York City this summer.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:41 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycer777 View Post
thats why you never get involved in fights. let them kill each other.who cares? everyone wins in that scenario

You ain't lying about that I refuse to get involved in ghetto fights and would have just left and went to Burger King instead of McDonald's.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:59 AM

9,938 posts, read 7,698,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol. Where have you been? Then again I don't know much Glendale Queens, Ridgewood, Maspeth and Woodhaven. Im surprised how this thread changed from Brooklyn and now talks about NE Bronx and lower Westchester Lol. I just got 4 rep points from the current events thread about this incident that took place in Brooklyn. Why did this happen? Easily. It has a lot to do with socioeconomics and less about race. Gentrification which is being pushed by liberal whites is a huge failure in Brooklyn. Brooklyn still has a lot of poverty and a huge harbinger of poverty and at times they have to share the same community with new comer suburban whites. Gentrification has also failed to improve public schools. If I was a suburban white or yuppie black person that live in the gentry areas, I wouldn't want to send my kids to school full of ghetto blacks and Hispanic kids.
Only place in the Bronx that I go to on the regular is Arthur Avenue. Other than that I can't justify paying the toll for the bridge. Remove the cost of the toll and I'd be giving business to the Bronx all the time.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Drugs in the suburbs is not a new phenomenon. 30 years ago suburbanites would travel to Williamsburg Brooklyn to pick up drugs and bring them back to the burbs to sell. Suburbs always had a drug problem but is well hidden. I blame liberals for a lot of things but yet they segregate themselves from other ethnic liberals while their kids get bullied at school by moderate and conservative whites.
These days suppliers from Brooklyn will meet the demand from Long Island right on Woodhaven blvd. They both take their respective highways to where they join, which happens to be in Queens not far from the Kew Gardens interchange.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
You ain't lying about that I refuse to get involved in ghetto fights and would have just left and went to Burger King instead of McDonald's.
I don't even acknowledge these ghetto kids existence. Not worth it. We got a lot to lose, whereas they don't have anything to lose other than a subsidized living. And the city refuses to take that away from them. That's where the unethical hasidic landlord cones into play. God bless them.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:43 AM

23,262 posts, read 16,076,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I don't even acknowledge these ghetto kids existence. Not worth it. We got a lot to lose, whereas they don't have anything to lose other than a subsidized living. And the city refuses to take that away from them. That's where the unethical hasidic landlord cones into play. God bless them.
No stereotyping of landlords. Any landlord of any race would do what is needed to be done in order to get a proper return on the investment made in his/her real estate portfolio.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:46 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
No stereotyping of landlords. Any landlord of any race would do what is needed to be done in order to get a proper return on the investment made in his/her real estate portfolio.
The landlord is still allowing crazy acting families to move into the community which makes all the normal families uncomfortable regardless if it's a return on an investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or