U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2015, 07:06 AM
 
23,269 posts, read 16,114,118 times
Reputation: 8545

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Waste of time and money. Give them $10-20k in cash and ask them to move to Detroit or the south. noble prize winner in economic Milton Friedman outline why the projects don't work and never will.
Btw the social engineering BronxGuyanese spoke of consisted of the Nazis killing off all the people in their ghettoes including Jews and gypsies. The Soviet's also killed many unwanted, as well as sending other unwanted people to prison labor camps in Siberia.

They did not waste money in doing that. I'd say they were pretty efficient in genocide. It was wrong and horrible but it is what they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2015, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, not Paris. #MAGA.
9,693 posts, read 5,296,984 times
Reputation: 9671
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
No they wouldn't have. That was a fight between ghetto girls. The older Black man got attacked only because he foolishly tried to intervene and the girl's friends assaulted him. It's gang type violence where there are really just after each other, not people who don't have anything to do with the situation.
Pretty much. The average person doesn't have to fear being dragged into crap like this (and, note, the average person doesn't try to break these things up). Having written that, these are the type of clowns who will make the general quality of life poor(er) for all those who live around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, not Paris. #MAGA.
9,693 posts, read 5,296,984 times
Reputation: 9671
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Random guy trying to break up a ghetto brawl never ends well. What a fool.



That area is already heavily gentrified. I stay there sometimes, however, I avoid that McDonalds. Tons of superior places to eat around there.
The area is heavily gentrified. However, there are at least several high schools (including high schools that have multiple schools within the same physical structure) nearby that cater to such a wonderful class of people, including Westinghouse and Science Skills Center Campus. After school lets out, many students choose to hang out in the area rather than heading home, which is the cause of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 07:30 AM
 
23,269 posts, read 16,114,118 times
Reputation: 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Pretty much. The average person doesn't have to fear being dragged into crap like this (and, note, the average person doesn't try to break these things up). Having written that, these are the type of clowns who will make the general quality of life poor(er) for all those who live around them.
True.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Glendale NY
4,841 posts, read 7,875,508 times
Reputation: 3507
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The crowd in there didn't look too gentrified. Flatbush has quite aways to go. And yes a random guy trying to break up a ghetto brawl will not end well. He should have called the POLICE. He could have slipped away and called 911.

This is why people don't get involved in fights between ghetto hoodlums. You put yourself in danger.
It was on Flatbush and Fulton, which is the border of Fort Greene and Downtown Brooklyn. Very $$$ area to live in now. Of course, it's not far from the bad parts of Brooklyn, and the schools there are still awful for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 08:44 AM
 
1,937 posts, read 2,135,727 times
Reputation: 2738
Many parts of gentirified brooklyn still have horrible public schools because all the rich people send their kids to private school.

This kind of stuff was less frequent under Giuliani/Bloomberg because kids knew cops would beat the crap out of them if they went wilding.

Thanks Deblasio.
Glad I moved to the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:09 AM
 
161 posts, read 129,228 times
Reputation: 239
Crazy. I used to live over there and used to go into that McDonalds back when I used to eat fast food. There's always ghetto ass people in there at any time of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:13 AM
 
236 posts, read 247,597 times
Reputation: 290
I don't know if the "good samaritan" was a fool. He's probably a stand-up guy who cares about his 'hood and his people. You know, the kind of guy white people say they wish there were more of in these 'hoods. What he WAS was untrained, and not cognizant of the tactical situation. In such a sitch, you call the police and step away. now..if that young girl was in imminent danger of severe injury or death, and intervening was the only way to save her..*shrug

it depends on your level of balls/courage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:16 AM
 
161 posts, read 129,228 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
And that's why I live on the Upper East Side and wouldn't go into a McDonald's if I were starving.
Imagine if there was a single white person sitting in one of the booths...the mob would have killed him.
There is white people in that McDonalds all the time. I highly doubt they would've bothered them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:36 AM
 
2,178 posts, read 1,726,696 times
Reputation: 4062
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Many parts of gentirified brooklyn still have horrible public schools because all the rich people send their kids to private school.

This kind of stuff was less frequent under Giuliani/Bloomberg because kids knew cops would beat the crap out of them if they went wilding.

Thanks Deblasio.
Glad I moved to the suburbs.
"This kind of stuff was less frequent under Giuliani/Bloomberg because kids knew cops would beat the crap out of them if they went wilding.

Thanks Deblasio.
Glad I moved to the suburbs"

Am I the only one who sees the problem with this statement? You say it as if it's a bad thing that the police aren't beating the hell out of people anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top