U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:52 PM

630 posts, read 1,092,626 times

Advertisements

I would have lost my cool too. Can't stand starbucks..stick to DD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 06:23 PM

39 posts, read 57,174 times
Typical of ghetto trash.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:09 PM

1,369 posts, read 828,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
I dont condone the employees behavior, but I can understand the frustration of low level workers making peanuts while trying to scrape by in Americas most wealthy and expensive city all the while serving rich entitled people all day.
Agree 100 %

Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
1) no, this isn't typical. But seeing confrontations, drug addicts, and mentally ill homeless is a daily occurrence. I can't recall seeing an employee lose it at his work though.

If your work skills are such that you can only work Low wage, retail job, perhaps you shouldn't live in the most expensive city in the country. Or, write your city leaders and change your voting from officials that allow millions of unskilled illegals in the city, who push free market wages down.
Agree!

Old 05-26-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
She wasn't the manager she was the supervisor and it looks like she was fired. The woman she screamed at received a $100 gift card to starbucks.
Wow $100 gift card,you would have to give me more than that.besides that supervisor was not fired,she's the owner. 😬

Old 05-26-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Before Starbucks was everywhere, I was working downtown near Wall St. There was this big deli and it is the only place you can get fresh coffee around in those days other than coffee trucks that always have lines down the block. That deli always treated customers like dirt, the workers take forever and always have a fit just serving you a cup. Remember, before Starbucks most places you have to tell the worker how you would like the coffee and sometimes they get it wrong and just you to take it or leave it.
Yeah but look at the price of coffee at starbucks compared to the price of coffee at the deli and.neighborhood.
Stores that's why they call it starbucks, you're paying big bucks for a cup of coffee.💲

Old 05-26-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Yeah but look at the price of coffee at starbucks compared to the price of coffee at the deli and.neighborhood.
Stores that's why they call it starbucks, you're paying big bucks for a cup of coffee.💲
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
Retail workers in NYC are the absolute worst in the entire country.

Most dont even make eye contact.
Agree 100 %

Old 05-26-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
No one is forcing these people to work in Starbucks. I hate Starbucks, but nevertheless, I still believe in customer service. These people are paying for a service and should be treated with respect, regardless of their socioeconomic class.
What ever happened to the customer's always right.😕

Old 05-26-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
This story is old news, but in my opinion, everyone in the video is an a-hole.

The barista, for obvious reasons, but also the cookie straw martyr.

I can't stand all the passive aggressive, crybaby internet tattle-taling these days. A rude clerk hurt your feelings, sniff sniff, so now you have to post a video on YouTube so the internet can validate your existence, hold your hand, and wipe your nose?

IF this Melissa chick makes a regular habit of treating customers like that...then, OK, she deserves this. If she was having one bad day and blew up for the first time...because, you know, no one is perfect and people make mistakes...does she really deserve this type of mob mentality internet shaming?

None of you have ever messed up at work? This is a Starbucks job. It's not like she messed up on the job as a brain surgeon and put someone's life at risk. I can't believe all the people who were so joyful about this person getting fired. How many job opportunities do you think are open to a person of her socioeconomic status, even without this video and non-story having gone viral?

Remember, it's not just about her losing THIS, ONE job, which isn't the real issue, in the long run. The real issue is that now, she is going to have a hard time finding ANY job at all. Really? This is a reasonable outcome to people? Enjoy paying for this lady's funemployment and food stamps.

Also, how many people here have actually worked retail? You know how annoyed you get at the grocery store when the idiot customer in front of you is holding up the line of 15 people because she is arguing about coupons, the prices listed in the circular, store policies, and on and on and on? You know how annoyed you get? Well imagine having to deal with that ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

As far as this type of behavior being typical of NYC, or NYC having the worst retail clerks in the entire country...give me a break. How many states have you people lived in and visited? I can tell you some doozies about customer service experiences I've had in Alaska, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida that would put the Soup Nazi to shame.
Can every body just get along 😇
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or