Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:13 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,418,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I'd rather be around well educated AMERICANS (of any race) rather than poor immigrants OR low class African Americans. So my comments stand.

Better to be around these women than poor immigrants from GUYANA (and other really poor uneducated places) AND GHETTO BLACKS. For that matter I don't like all gays. Gentrification got rid of a lot of the low class gays from Manhattan. And I was happy. All that ghetto has been pretty much entirely displaced from the West Village, Chelsea, and Hells Kitchen. The same thing is getting rid of the remaining scum in the Lower East Side and Chinatown. I am happy that Manhattan is full of civilized people with class.

But enough of my personal preferences. You are practically off the boat so who are you to tell people who have been living in this country where they can or cannot live? If you are so proud of your Guyanese identity you do not need an exit visa to leave the US!
It's quite appalling that these types of posts are tolerated in the NY forum. NYC is what it is because of its traditional role as a incoming port of entry for folks from all over the world.

Last time I checked, some of the wealthiest professionals and executives happen to be minorities too (some of whom didn't come from much) such as Indians & Jews (minorities almost anywhere else in the USA). The latest entrants are the Chinese.

I feel like I have been reprimanded and/or edited in the past for writing far less offensive stuff than NyWriterdude in other City-Data forums such as the Chicago section.

Last edited by reppin_the_847; 05-18-2015 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 09:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
It's quite appalling that these types of posts are tolerated in the NY forum. NYC is what it is because of its traditional role as a incoming port of entry for folks from all over the world.

Last time I checked, some of the wealthiest professionals and executives happen to be minorities too (some of whom didn't come from much) such as Indians & Jews (minorities almost anywhere else in the USA). The latest entrant are the Chinese.

I feel like I have been reprimanded and/or edited in the past for writing far less offensive stuff than NyWriterdude in other City-Data forums such as the Chicago section.
He should receive an infraction or be banned for a week.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:01 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:

Last time I checked, some of the wealthiest professionals and executives happen to be minorities too (some of whom didn't come from much) such as Indians & Jews (minorities almost anywhere else in the USA). The latest entrants are the Chinese.

Nowhere did I say anything racist against anyone.

I did say I prefer to be around wealthy people like the ones mentioned in the article to being around POOR immigrants and ghetto people.

That is my personal preference. I am not obligated to like everyone the same or to want to socialize with every type of person in the world.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
He should receive an infraction or be banned for a week.
Not even. I said what types of people I would prefer to be with or around and yes I would prefer those women (or their husbands or others like them) to the groups I just mentioned.

Everyone has a preference as to who they would rather hang around socially. You're in denial if you aren't aware of that.

And it's not offensive. It's the truth.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:19 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Bonuses paid to wives who hold top tier MBAs? Performance reviews over Tuesday night dinner? Didn't Sarah Ferguson once quip - "This isn't a marriage. It's a job."?

Poor Little Rich Women
New York Times
By WEDNESDAY MARTIN
May 16, 2015
(website) http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/op...ich-women.html
What a fascinating article! Thanks for posting.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:32 AM

857 posts, read 1,200,843 times
Quote:

the NY forum is not as heavily patrolled as the others......people fly off at the mouth for anything and everything here...keyboard thuggin at its finest....lol smh

but other forums I notice youre more likely to get written up for challenging bigotry than encouraging it.....

Old 05-18-2015, 10:38 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
I don't see anything here except the author projecting her values on the women she is writing about. To her, gender role is a dirty phrase. By her rules, women can only be fulfilled in their lives if they use the degree they obtained in higher education in a lucrative career.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:17 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,126 times
Quote:

NYC is a very opinionated place, you will lose the authenticity if you begin to censor people.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:43 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,418,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not even. I said what types of people I would prefer to be with or around and yes I would prefer those women (or their husbands or others like them) to the groups I just mentioned.

Everyone has a preference as to who they would rather hang around socially. You're in denial if you aren't aware of that.

And it's not offensive. It's the truth.
So NyWriterdude, would you be offended if I asked you publicly what your annual income & net worth are? Oh and which degrees do you hold?

Old 05-18-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
So NyWriterdude, would you be offended if I asked you publicly what your annual income & net worth are? Oh and which degrees do you hold?
Not at all offended but not telling. I will say I went to Cornell for my undergraduate degree and I start grad school in the fall. Not interested in putting my whole life story out for stalkers, thank you.

But it's true I do prefer other highly educated people like me, I prefer shopping at Whole Foods, I like to travel, etc. So I am more likely to be friends with certain types of people than other types.

But that's just the way societies work. We are separated by income, education, and a number of other criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City