U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 05:13 AM

23,305 posts, read 16,175,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm just tired of your elitist comments whether or not if it's from a liberal or conservative perspective. I'm just tired and sick of it. Don't get me wrong I respect your opinions but just sick and tired of it and it shows everything that is wrong with NYC is people like you guys. No offense if anything.
What was wrong with NYC is all that low classness was allowed to take over. Praise the lord Bloomberg purified NYC and restored it to civilization. Much of the ghettoness has been pushed out msnhatsttan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 06:12 AM

2,007 posts, read 4,234,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
What was wrong with NYC is all that low classness was allowed to take over. Praise the lord Bloomberg purified NYC and restored it to civilization. Much of the ghettoness has been pushed out msnhatsttan.
Jay-Z is from a ghetto neighborhood in Brooklyn and he doesn't have a college degree. He is "uneducated" on paper although I'd argue that he is way more business savvy than many so-called educated individuals. He also happens to be a minority. However, he is worth at least $650 million USD. Combined with his wife Beyonce, they're worth over $1 billion USD. Since he's an uneducated minority you wouldn't want to talk to him if you happened to bump into him at a nightclub? I thought that you said that "money talks & bullsh*t walks".

Old 05-22-2015, 08:05 AM

1,980 posts, read 1,248,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm just tired of your elitist comments whether or not if it's from a liberal or conservative perspective. I'm just tired and sick of it. Don't get me wrong I respect your opinions but just sick and tired of it and it shows everything that is wrong with NYC is people like you guys. No offense if anything.
Goodluck on your exit out of NYC, hopefully you can find some place that can make you happy. Life is too short to be miserable.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:40 AM

5,598 posts, read 5,398,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Bonuses paid to wives who hold top tier MBAs? Performance reviews over Tuesday night dinner? Didn't Sarah Ferguson once quip - "This isn't a marriage. It's a job."?

Poor Little Rich Women
New York Times
By WEDNESDAY MARTIN
May 16, 2015
(website) http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/op...ich-women.html
Good for them.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:16 PM

842 posts, read 618,106 times
Quote:
Buffet and Gates are far more successful than you will ever be. So what? There is no point to your statement. You are acting irrationally.

The US is much more interested in rich kids who can buy their legal status in this country than smart poor kids. Money talks bull**** walks.

In the job market, employers deal with credentials like degrees, licenses, certificates, union membership. They do not deal with smart poor kids from third world countries who have nothing to back them up.
I don't want to become embroiled in the debate on your opinions, but I do wish to correct you on your latter point. I personally know of many Nigerian children who have won scholarships to Ivy League universities on the basis of their intelligence alone.

I would agree, America does worship money, even citizenship can be bought. But in many ways this is a relatively recent phenomenon 1970s onwards, the demise of the social contract of old America post Reagan in my opinion was immoral and shouldn't be celebrated.

Wealth is now concentrated in the hands of the few and to what end I would ask?

Old 05-24-2015, 04:36 PM

23,305 posts, read 16,175,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
I don't want to become embroiled in the debate on your opinions, but I do wish to correct you on your latter point. I personally know of many Nigerian children who have won scholarships to Ivy League universities on the basis of their intelligence alone.

I would agree, America does worship money, even citizenship can be bought. But in many ways this is a relatively recent phenomenon 1970s onwards, the demise of the social contract of old America post Reagan in my opinion was immoral and shouldn't be celebrated.

Wealth is now concentrated in the hands of the few and to what end I would ask?
Wealth really always was concentrated in the hands of the few. Before the 690s the Ivy League was for rich white boys. The civil rights bill and other laws changed that.

As for Nigerians at Ivies, they are dwarfed by the numbers of people who pay full tuition. International students at Ivies pay full tuition. You have to have citizenship or a green card to get financial aid.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:47 PM

785 posts, read 849,765 times
Quote:
Wealth really always was concentrated in the hands of the few. Before the 690s the Ivy League was for rich white boys. The civil rights bill and other laws changed that.

As for Nigerians at Ivies, they are dwarfed by the numbers of people who pay full tuition. International students at Ivies pay full tuition. You have to have citizenship or a green card to get financial aid.
a lot of those international students who pay full tuition are nigerians....The ivies and other elite schools (ie MIT) theres more nigerians as well as caribbean people attending those schools than afro americans, who i understand are a group you fall under.

and get over yourself and your "ivy league" education. I could somewhat lookup to you if you went to the ivies for Law, Medicine, economics, heck even political science. But you didnt. You went to school for english, a bull****e major as far as im concerned. If i wanted to or was able to goto the ivies, I darn sure would not study a useless major like english or sociology, esp consdering I can leave a much cheaper state school wit hte same education and qualifications.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City