U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 03:44 AM

141 posts, read 113,839 times

Advertisements

I know I've written ALOT but I posted all of this so people can see a bit deeper into the taxi industry.. there's a lot of money being moved around and it really is big but people don't notice it. There's tons of big names behind the Uber machine such as Goldman Sachs, Bloomberg, and etc.. even the MTA.. the MTA makes ALOT of money off of taxis.. there's a .50 cent surcharge per trip which goes directly to the MTA every 3 months. So let's say 400,000 trips daily like I stated earlier multiplied by .50 cents.. $200,000 a day from yellow cabs.. over $73,000,000 a year off yellow cabs alone... it's funny because we get nothing in return from that. It's just a tax.. no benefits or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 06:15 AM

7,135 posts, read 5,512,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynTurk View Post
Uber just placed 19,000+ vehicles onto the road... the medallion was set in place to avoid these problems.. to guarantee a living for drivers.
Correction, Uber placed ZERO new vehicles on the road in NYC. All Uber drivers in NYC are TLC licensed that were either already driving livery cars or became livery car drivers and underwent whatever TLC certification requires (including any vehicle impact study)

Old 06-19-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Correction, Uber placed ZERO new vehicles on the road in NYC. All Uber drivers in NYC are TLC licensed that were either already driving livery cars or became livery car drivers and underwent whatever TLC certification requires (including any vehicle impact study)
So may you please explain the Santander lease to own deal? Lol... Yes some/many vehicles were previously on the road but if you don't think new vehicles are on the road because of Uber you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. At all.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:22 AM

And no Uber vehicles do not go under vehicle impact studies.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
So may you please explain the Santander lease to own deal? Lol... Yes some/many vehicles were previously on the road but if you don't think new vehicles are on the road because of Uber you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. At all.
Quote:
And no Uber vehicles do not go under vehicle impact studies.
You make absolutely no sense, the vehicle impact study is something you alluded to - I have no knowledge of that whatsoever. The important point I made, is that any such study is government regulated and new cars are not accepted into NYC service by Uber, they are accepted by the New York TLC.

So if your complaint is that new Uber cars haven't done the right thing to start picking up fares, that's the government's fault - not Uber.

Uber DOES NOT OPERATE VEHICLE FLEETS, in NYC they are a match maker between users and EXISTING TLC drivers

Old 06-19-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
You make absolutely no sense, the vehicle impact study is something you alluded to - I have no knowledge of that whatsoever. The important point I made, is that any such study is government regulated and new cars are not accepted into NYC service by Uber, they are accepted by the New York TLC.

So if your complaint is that new Uber cars haven't done the right thing to start picking up fares, that's the government's fault - not Uber.

Uber DOES NOT OPERATE VEHICLE FLEETS, in NYC they are a match maker between users and EXISTING TLC drivers

Lol.. Dude I'm gonna throw in one last response before I sleep..

I actually do make sense. You clearly seem to be the one who is just making stuff up on the fly to hold weight to your argument. I said yellow taxis under go vehicle impact studies. I never said Uber... You made that up yourself.

lol at the Uber matchmaker comment.. So can you explain why Uber drivers are given Uber phones, Uber placards, and signed up to "Uber affiliated bases"

Yes you're right the TLC approves the vehicles... But that's because there's no law in place that runs studies on them.. They also have a much more lenient process than what yellow cabs go through.

And to your comment about "that's the governments fault" you do realize Uber employs the same people who passed Uber through into NYC right? I guess you just didn't acknowledge when I said Ashwini Chaabra.. A former TLC commissioner who supposedly had thousands of back and forth emails before leaving the TLC to land a job with Uber didn't stick to you right?

That was the entire point of my post... That black and livery vehicles do not go through the same testing as yellows do which makes it VERY easy to get vehicles to operate for Uber on the road which is over saturating the market and clogging the roads.

And yellow taxis can do UberT.. Not UberX...

Question.. Do you work for Uber?

Old 06-19-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Lol.. Dude I'm gonna throw in one last response before I sleep..

I actually do make sense. You clearly seem to be the one who is just making stuff up on the fly to hold weight to your argument. I said yellow taxis under go vehicle impact studies. I never said Uber... You made that up yourself.
You still don't get it, you're faulting Uber for lack of vehicle studies even after I pointed out that it's the TLC who conducts such studies and if none are conducted for livery cars, it's not Uber's fault or responsibility

Quote:
lol at the Uber matchmaker comment.. So can you explain why Uber drivers are given Uber phones, Uber placards, and signed up to "Uber affiliated bases"
In NYC the livery drivers have to have a Livery Base Station (see https://www1.nyc.gov/nycbusiness/des...driver-license). These are not Uber stations, they are independent businesses. Livery Drivers are free to carry Uber phones, Lyft phones, Mustapha's Swell Service phones, whatever. Uber is a pure matchmaking service in NYC

Quote:
And to your comment about "that's the governments fault" you do realize Uber employs the same people who passed Uber through into NYC right? I guess you just didn't acknowledge when I said Ashwini Chaabra.
Who cares? I'm surprised there aren't more former TLC employees working for Uber. This is common in all industries

Quote:
That was the entire point of my post... That black and livery vehicles do not go through the same testing as yellows do which makes it VERY easy to get vehicles to operate for Uber on the road which is over saturating the market and clogging the roads.
Clogging the roads with car services - consumers are obviously the big winner there. Ever try getting a taxi during rush hour before Uber? Nobody wants to go back to that stone age

Old 06-19-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
You still don't get it, you're faulting Uber for lack of vehicle studies even after I pointed out that it's the TLC who conducts such studies and if none are conducted for livery cars, it's not Uber's fault or responsibility

In NYC the livery drivers have to have a Livery Base Station (see https://www1.nyc.gov/nycbusiness/des...driver-license). These are not Uber stations, they are independent businesses. Livery Drivers are free to carry Uber phones, Lyft phones, Mustapha's Swell Service phones, whatever. Uber is a pure matchmaking service in NYC

Who cares? I'm surprised there aren't more former TLC employees working for Uber. This is common in all industries

Clogging the roads with car services - consumers are obviously the big winner there. Ever try getting a taxi during rush hour before Uber? Nobody wants to go back to that stone age

Quick correction... There is a difference between black cars and livery.... And you're right. They can carry what they want for the time being because since Uber does not want drivers to work for Lyft or anyone else.. The TLC is placing a new rule where drivers can't be working for multiple apps at the same time.. .. Also.. You keep saying matchmaker.. Wouldn't all the livery bases be considered matchmakers under your definition?

How are the consumers winning when you can't get anywhere?... You really seem like you're swinging for the fences with these horrible responses.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:08 PM

And a quick Google search would answer your question on Ubers bases... There's 6 total... Here's 5 of them Weiter LLC, Hinter LLC, Schmecken LLC, Danach-NY LLC and Unter LLC.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:19 PM

415 posts, read 305,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
The only thing a greasy politician fears worse than being called a racist is being called a luddite. "Oh, you're just afraid of technology!"

Bullies like "Uber" take advantage of this odd phenomena by running roughshod over everyone. .

Quote:
You still don't get it,

Ever try getting a taxi during rush hour before Uber? Nobody wants to go back to that stone age

You're condescending, patronizing and basically calling people who don't agree with you a "luddite". lol - so lame.

Yes! New York City was in the "stone age" before Uber came along…lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City