Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,265 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of NYC but there is nowhere else i can go because of the job. Same routine everyday. Need to meet new people but no idea where to find. One bad thing is that I don't drink so it's hard for me to social out there. What else is there to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 09:37 PM

850 posts, read 796,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justforfun91 View Post
I'm tired of NYC but there is nowhere else i can go because of the job. Same routine everyday. Need to meet new people but no idea where to find. One bad thing is that I don't drink so it's hard for me to social out there. What else is there to do?
Ha try living in Atlanta or Phoenix and talk to me about same routine everyday.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:07 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,941,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
Agreed, there are plenty of places to meet people here. The challenging part is keeping.friends since there's so many busy people here.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:24 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,772,015 times
I dont drink, smoke, do drugs and ive been involved in the club scene since the late 1990's and been a promoter since early-mid 2000's (as well as real estate agent) dont think the non drinking as a problem. Some people just dont have social skills and have to learn to adjust how and why the speak to people. Go out to music venues, clubs and soak in the vibe, energy, music, acts, djs, bands and see what fascinates you and try to learn more about it.

Lots of people go to shows alone, this past monday at American Ballet Theater in Lincoln Center a beautiful woman was seating next to us and she was all alone. It was easy to strike up conversation cause of my former past involvement in that world and knowledge of it. Imagine if i was single, BOOM.

Everybody is in option in this city, its up to you to know what approach to use. Some people rely on their looks, some on their money, some on their brain, some on their personality.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:35 AM

100 posts, read 195,376 times
with 8 million people around you and you cant break routine?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:05 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
LOL go live in the suburbs or most smaller american cities in the U.S. and tell us about same routine everyday. Wake up, breakfast, drive to work, work, drive home, eat dinner, tv, bed. Sounds like the problem is YOU, not NYC

Old 05-14-2015, 12:30 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Quote:
AMEN! Lived in Phoenix for 6.5 years and had done everything in that state within like 2 years... NYC and being bored? There is a different festival, meet-up, concert, etc; happening on all the time. Join a meet-up group or religious organization.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
AMEN! Lived in Phoenix for 6.5 years and had done everything in that state within like 2 years... NYC and being bored? There is a different festival, meet-up, concert, etc; happening on all the time. Join a meet-up group or religious organization.
Originally from Chicago, wouldn't move back, but I miss city life and vibrancy. NY maybe in option for me in the future.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justforfun91 View Post
If your a longlife native such as I, this is probably possible. Even as a native I'm tired of NYC but I still meet people and get to do things. Like in an hour from now I'm going to an tech meet up. I'm also tired of NYC and hoping to move someday but its not because I cant meet people or because I'm not antisocial. But yes NYC can get tiring. Me personally? I think NYC is great for those who are not from NYC especially for those who need the energy from years of living in an Cul de Sac or rural farm. I'm a native New Yorker and I have done almost anything and everything in NYC and yet I'm still young and some things are still discoverable, however I have out grown NYC and now my arms and legs are looking to stretch across this great land called America.

Quote:
I'm going to Phoenix in a couple of weeks. I never been and I want to check it out. As we get older, we all go through the same routine everyday, but regardless where we live, we need to take time out and interact regardless of the close minded crowded streets of NYC, or driver conscious nonwalkable cities of the West. Time needs to be taken out to interact and have a little fun. While be do find NYC entertaining, I don't find NYC exciting and at times dhul.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-14-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-14-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If your a longlife native such as I, this is probably possible. Even as a native I'm tired of NYC but I still meet people and get to do things. Like in an hour from now I'm going to an tech meet up. I'm also tired of NYC and hoping to move someday but its not because I cant meet people or because I'm not antisocial. But yes NYC can get tiring. Me personally? I think NYC is great for those who are not from NYC especially for those who need the energy from years of living in an Cul de Sac or rural farm. I'm a native New Yorker and I have done almost anything and everything in NYC and yet I'm still young and some things are still discoverable, however I have out grown NYC and now my arms and legs are looking to stretch across this great land called America.

I'm going to Phoenix in a couple of weeks. I never been and I want to check it out. As we get older, we all go through the same routine everyday, but regardless where we live, we need to take time out and interact regardless of the close minded crowded streets of NYC, or driver conscious nonwalkable cities of the West. Time needs to be taken out to interact and have a little fun. While be do find NYC entertaining, I don't find NYC exciting and at times dhul.
Arizona in general is pretty nice, lots of Transplants, 2 biggest reasons are weather and cost of living. Its only hot 3 months and rest of the year is awesome. Scenery is really nice, never experienced desert mts, Giant Cactus trees before. Close proximity to vegas,san diego and other areas make this place top attraction, however this place does sprawl and you def need a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City