Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:36 AM

202 posts, read 221,312 times

Advertisements

I went to McDonald's today to get some cheeseburgers. There was a homeless black guy propped up against the entrance. He was a polite homeless guy, so I said, "Hold on a minute."

I went and bought 4 cheeseburgers. It came to $5.96! What happened to the dollar menu?

Anyway, as I was walking out I gave him one of the cheeseburgers and a dollar.

I believe in helping people.

Do any of you have any experiences helping people out at McDonalds in New York City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 09:54 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,942,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaferOne View Post
I went to McDonald's today to get some cheeseburgers. There was a homeless black guy propped up against the entrance. He was a polite homeless guy, so I said, "Hold on a minute."

I went and bought 4 cheeseburgers. It came to $5.96! What happened to the dollar menu?

Do any of you have any experiences helping people out at McDonalds in New York City?
No as I would be broke if I gave something to every beggar I encounter.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:58 AM

Who said every beggar? I didn't.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Who said every beggar? I didn't.
I said every beggar. What's the point of this thread if I can't comment? There's too many beggars in the city, they're everywhere.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:02 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Our daughter lives in NYC and routinely leaves bananas around town for the hungry. I think some people have dubbed her the banana girl or something. I believe in random acts of kindness and paying it forward, so I'm always happy to hear about people helping others. Good job.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Our daughter lives in NYC and routinely leaves bananas around town for the hungry. I think some people have dubbed her the banana girl or something. I believe in random acts of kindness and paying it forward, so I'm always happy to hear about people helping others. Good job.
Banana girl lol! That's nice of her.

One thing that gets me though, is that I'm very charltable in general, to people of all races, but because of my politics I'm often accused of being a racist.

It just goes to show, however, that even supposed racists have a heart and will help people in need.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:29 AM

147 posts, read 197,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
I said every beggar. What's the point of this thread if I can't comment? There's too many beggars in the city, they're everywhere.
OP, wants to fell better about himself, now he (or her) can post his kindness on facebook for the world to see! but, be careful, case you might get some health conscious who will blast you for help ending the homeless dude live sooner by feeding him that fatty, high cholestrol burger.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:43 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:

Was this by the Times Square Church which plenty of Homeless sleep outside with a McDonalds next door? As for the dollar menu? It only exist in the hood, but I'm no McDonalds expert or aficion since I rarely eat that stuff. McDonalds is trying to spruce up their image to compete against the non GMO, and sustainable fast food markets of Chipotle and Shake Shack. So overtime dollar menu will probably go bye bye.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Was this by the Times Square Church which plenty of Homeless sleep outside with a McDonalds next door? As for the dollar menu? It only exist in the hood, but I'm no McDonalds expert or aficion since I rarely eat that stuff. McDonalds is trying to spruce up their image to compete against the non GMO, and sustainable fast food markets of Chipotle and Shake Shack. So overtime dollar menu will probably go bye bye.
They changed it to value menu now.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
No, but pretty much every Mcdonald's in the city is a homeless magnet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: