U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:04 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,509,741 times

Advertisements

It's too bad we don't have legal marijuana in this state. Sounds like you could really use some. Your going around all weak because you have no appetite due to your cancer treatment. You can blame Andy for dragging his caveman knuckles on it. If Andy don't think it plays nationally he drags his knuckles...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 10:11 AM

147 posts, read 135,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
some of you mention "medication". my cancer treatments cause fatigue, suppress the appetite to the point where i havent been eating and have been poorly nourished. if a blood test had been conducted drugs commonly associated with impaired driving would not show up. do you understand what i mean.?this is cancer treatment. not sedatives.my hematologist will soon be scheduling a bone marrow biopsy. i will be sedated. of course docs will be telling me not to drive. but docs don't tell me not to drive after my iV treatments for cancer
well you may not think it's your fault, but i'm sure under the eye of the law, it would still be at fault since you the one who are driving while fatigue and poorly nourished.

Not to sound mean, but like what everyone said, don't mention your cancer treatments and you have either to go through the insurance company or eat up the cost yourself. Since you don't have police report, not sure if they will treat this as a no-fault situation.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:51 AM

64,704 posts, read 66,206,532 times
no fault has nothing to do with property damages. it only means you can collect lost wages and medical expenses from your own company while waiting for the case to be settled.

accident settlement has little to do with a police report being needed as well. it may make a case of he said she said between insurers a little easier but that is about it.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:23 PM

20,158 posts, read 26,453,489 times
rlrl,
most of the time it is just a matter of paperwork.
You will likely have to talk to nobody about the accident.
It is all cut and dried.

Do you indeed have metastatic carcinoma, as the drug, Yervoy implies?
If so, I am so sorry.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:50 PM

19,184 posts, read 32,719,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
It's too bad we don't have legal marijuana in this state. Sounds like you could really use some. Your going around all weak because you have no appetite due to your cancer treatment. You can blame Andy for dragging his caveman knuckles on it. If Andy don't think it plays nationally he drags his knuckles...
Hey rlrl, this is actually not a bad idea.....think about it. You live in the Bronx you can definitely find some. and watch a Youtube tutorial on how to roll a joint if you dont know how

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-22-2015, 06:18 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,555,105 times
i parked my car a block from where i live. I told allstate where it was so they can assess the damage and asked if they could send someone to repair the damage onsite since im not in condition to drive to a repair site. they havent called me yet. what will they do? what will happen?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:51 PM

metastatic melanoma spread from the skin to the lung. now i am praying that it hasn't gone to the brain. im resuming work on sunday via aar, no more driving for me

Old 05-22-2015, 07:56 PM

ive been lucky, no symptoms so far except i hope how i felt behind the wheel i hope wasn't brain cancer

Old 05-22-2015, 08:29 PM

birdy mentioned that sincethere is no police report not sure if it will be treated as a no fault situation. does this mean that they will not pay for the damages to my car?

Old 05-23-2015, 03:29 AM

64,704 posts, read 66,206,532 times
do not use the term no fault . it has nothing to do with no fault insurance which only pertains to you getting wages paid or medical expenses paid by your own company until they determine fault and settle between themselves.

your claim will likely be a comprehensive/collision claim if you have comprehensive/ collision insurance , if you don't then you get nothing.

in ny you will not be raised but you can be dropped . it is up to the insurer as each one has a different policy for comprehensive claims.

it will ding your clue report and will count as a claim if you ever shop insurance which in your case i would sy is a moot point since you shouldn't be driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City