U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-21-2015, 08:18 AM
 
1,118 posts, read 971,808 times
Reputation: 417

Advertisements

something fairly centrally located (not FAR from Grand Central), with good atmosphere (pref. outdoors) and not ultra crowded, shoulder-to-shoulder.

this is for my girlfriend's birthday with myself and her friends.

thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2015, 10:20 AM
 
973 posts, read 1,406,015 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
something fairly centrally located (not FAR from Grand Central), with good atmosphere (pref. outdoors) and not ultra crowded, shoulder-to-shoulder.

this is for my girlfriend's birthday with myself and her friends.

thank you!
This will depend on time of day and what atmosphere you're looking for.

- The Overlook which is on 44th between 2nd and 3rd, it's a sports bar with an outdoor area upstairs but it is currently surrounded by construction.

- Aretsky Patron on 46th between 3rd and Lex, it's on the expensive side but has a nice outdoor "rooftop". The rooftop is on the second floor!

- Bookmarks at The Library Hotel on Madison and 41st. Outdoor area and rooftop. It is a small place so can get crowded.

Further away you have the Bryant Park Grill/Cafe, Spyglass at The Archer Hotel, the Refinery Hotel and the Strand which have rooftops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 12:17 PM
 
1,118 posts, read 971,808 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
This will depend on time of day and what atmosphere you're looking for.

- The Overlook which is on 44th between 2nd and 3rd, it's a sports bar with an outdoor area upstairs but it is currently surrounded by construction.

- Aretsky Patron on 46th between 3rd and Lex, it's on the expensive side but has a nice outdoor "rooftop". The rooftop is on the second floor!

- Bookmarks at The Library Hotel on Madison and 41st. Outdoor area and rooftop. It is a small place so can get crowded.

Further away you have the Bryant Park Grill/Cafe, Spyglass at The Archer Hotel, the Refinery Hotel and the Strand which have rooftops.
thanks! any though on The Frying Pan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 12:19 PM
 
Location: BK All Day
4,480 posts, read 8,330,988 times
Reputation: 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
thanks! any though on The Frying Pan?
That's pretty far from Grand Central.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 01:13 PM
 
5,736 posts, read 5,185,684 times
Reputation: 3840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
That's pretty far from Grand Central.
I know that like on the opposite side of town. ALL the way west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Dallas
282 posts, read 257,635 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
something fairly centrally located (not FAR from Grand Central), with good atmosphere (pref. outdoors) and not ultra crowded, shoulder-to-shoulder.

this is for my girlfriend's birthday with myself and her friends.

thank you!
Rainbow Room is really nice (SixtyFive at the Rainbow is the outdoor part).
Gallow Green Roof is also nice

Last edited by UAE50; 05-21-2015 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 01:47 PM
 
973 posts, read 1,406,015 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE50 View Post
Rainbow Room is really nice (SixtyFive at the Rainbow is the outdoor part).
Gallow Green Roof is also nice
Gallow Green is also far from GCT.

Rainbow is closeish, about 10-15 minute walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 01:48 PM
 
973 posts, read 1,406,015 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
That's pretty far from Grand Central.
And overrated IMHO, way too many people on a nice day and not that great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top