Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 11:55 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,408,838 times

Advertisements

I just read an article ( NY POST) that cited DEMS are trying to get DOOMSBERG running for the 2016 elections.

In case anyone is thirsty I am making up a REALLY BIG batch of KOOL AID right now. Anyone interested in joining hands and quenching their thirst let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 12:23 AM

4,171 posts, read 4,046,897 times
He's become completely irrelevant since leaving office. Only Mike Lupica keeps mentioning him when he writes his recurring gun control column. Maybe Lupica (or one of his kids) is on the former mayor's payroll because he used to slam him until a few years ago and now he's become a fan boy. Other than that Bloomberg seems like a footnote in the city's history.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:04 AM

531 posts, read 593,266 times
Are the dems only just starting to question Cankles Clinton's viability as president?

Old 06-03-2015, 06:06 AM

30,566 posts, read 18,069,396 times
I'm not surprised. Democrats are with Hillary now (just as they were in 2008 initially) because she's currently their best/only real chance. That said, she is a very flawed candidate, who most of the country view as not trustworthy. Regardless of her polling numbers against GOP candidates today, she will not win the general, if she even gets the nomination, if her trust numbers don't reverse. This isn't to say that those numbers cannot right themselves, but we'll see.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 06-03-2015 at 06:31 AM..

Old 06-03-2015, 06:16 AM

18,408 posts, read 31,536,289 times
OMG, Pleeeeeeease DO NOT LET him be president.OMG, that would be terrible. a dictatorship here in america

we will all be in chains and numbers.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,201,274 times
Bloomberg is interesting because his money means he can self fund his campaigns and is not as easily swayed by lobbies etc. I also like that he's socially progressive and aggressively pro gun control. What I dont like is that he's still a 1%er though and will always have policies that ultimately favor 1%ers.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:13 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,201,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm not surprised. Democrats are with Hillary now (just as they were in 2008 initially) because she's currently their best/only real chance. That said, she is a very flawed candidate, who most of the country view as not trustworthy. Regardless of her polling numbers against GOP candidates today, she will not win the general, if she even gets the nomination, if her trust numbers don't reverse. This isn't to say that those numbers cannot right themselves, but we'll see.
Right now I don't see anyone from GOP she should worry about.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 AM

147 posts, read 197,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
OMG, Pleeeeeeease DO NOT LET him be president.OMG, that would be terrible. a dictatorship here in america

we will all be in chains and numbers.
LOL do you live in a cave? New York transform for the better thanks to Bloomberg.; and all them Transplants, Hipster and Yippies need to thank Mikey for all this.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:02 AM

147 posts, read 197,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Bloomberg is interesting because his money means he can self fund his campaigns and is not as easily swayed by lobbies etc. I also like that he's socially progressive and aggressively pro gun control. What I dont like is that he's still a 1%er though and will always have policies that ultimately favor 1%ers.
Yep, that's why ever NYC civil servant always hated Bloomberg, because he's a politician who can't be bought or corrupted.

As for favoring the 1%, if that were completely true, why would the 99% such as myself vote for him? Put it this way, he should be impartial, so if that also been having to favor the 1% once in a while, than that is how it is.

The argument I always get is that anyone can be corrupted even Bloomberg, and my response every time is "by what, money? he has plenty, than must by getting the votes he needs to get into office? that is not corruption is my book"

Old 06-03-2015, 08:03 AM

5,767 posts, read 16,544,456 times
Dang I think ANYONE would be better than Hill Bill. I just can't picture Hill Bill and Prez in the same sentence,,,,can't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City