U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 08:43 PM

480 posts, read 771,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Out of all the boroughs Brooklyn is the least green and miles and miles of concrete jungle. Prospect Park is very crowded at times when I last visited.

I'm speaking of the nicer areas. Plenty of trees. The Bronx is beautiful with the right residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 09:26 PM

5,559 posts, read 3,477,599 times
It has been a long time since I've lived in Brooklyn but my brothers still do! My younger brother lives in Ocean Parkway section which is very pretty and I can vouch for his friendliness. One hundred percent! My other brother lives in Sheepshead Bay near Ave U and he is also very friendly. I can't say everyone is like my brothers but there are at least two very friendly humans living in Brooklyn. But let's face it, the challenges of living in NYC can wear out the friendlessness out of anyone for a day so one has to be forgiving and empathic when living in Brooklyn.

Yours truly,

A very friendly ex-Brooklynite

Old 05-24-2015, 07:50 AM

9,945 posts, read 7,706,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
I'm speaking of the nicer areas. Plenty of trees. The Bronx is beautiful with the right residents.
The nicer areas of Queens have many more trees than the nicer areas of Brooklyn. Take a walk through Forest Hills Gardens, Jamaica Estates or Little Neck.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:10 PM

1,790 posts, read 761,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_work_4_pay View Post
New Yorkers' attitudes sometimes border on the criminally sociopathic - seriously.

As for cleanliness - it's completely absent in the northeast in general, for whatever reason. A quick trip to any public toilet will confirm this - I don't know what it is about New Yorkers and their bathroom hygiene, but it is definitely lacking. Also evident in the huge amount of trash everywhere.

If you need cleanliness, try Japan. You could eat off the streets, seriously, they are immaculate, as is everything about the country. In fact, many subways in Aisa have public bathrooms that are actually very clean and entirely safe. Not so here. sad, really.
Japan is clean. However, their public bathrooms while not atrociously dirty...let's just say are not as clean. And zero toilet paper. But they make up for it by passing these little, tissue packs to you while passing out flyers on the street. Now I know why everyone walks around with those.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:03 PM

30,366 posts, read 31,235,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
The nicer areas of Queens have many more trees than the nicer areas of Brooklyn. Take a walk through Forest Hills Gardens, Jamaica Estates or Little Neck.
Forest Hills Gardens is probably one of the nice neighborhoods in Queens. Forest Hills and Rego Park are also not that bad either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City