U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 PM

5,339 posts, read 4,016,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIOT17 View Post
Its more wise to learn about the area, than second guessing. Inwood is straight up Dominican.
I have no interest whatsoever in learning about the various ghetto areas of NYC. I have had more than my share of them and their inhabitants. NYC can't gentrify fast enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 08:49 PM

7,906 posts, read 6,488,354 times
There is no way crime is up. DeBlasio is mayor now! He got the cops to stop committing all those racist murders and everything else so everyone is perfectly safe now.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:06 AM

279 posts, read 336,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There is no way crime is up. DeBlasio is mayor now! He got the cops to stop committing all those racist murders and everything else so everyone is perfectly safe now.
According to the news, "violent crime" is down but shootings are up. Talk about oxymorons...

Old 05-26-2015, 09:18 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,067,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
According to the news, "violent crime" is down but shootings are up. Talk about oxymorons...
Violent crimes also include assault, domestic violence, etc.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:29 AM

279 posts, read 336,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Violent crimes also include assault, domestic violence, etc.
Well based on what I've been seeing, one would think assaults would be up too. There was a nasty one in the Bronx one the news in broad daylight.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:21 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,737,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
Well based on what I've been seeing, one would think assaults would be up too. There was a nasty one in the Bronx one the news in broad daylight.
It's just being reported more to suit the agenda. Not saying DeBlasio is a great mayor by any stretch of the imagination, but the reality while shootings and murders are up in the city over the last year, all other major crimes are down and we are currently experiencing a 7% reduction in overall crime, though we will have to see if that trend continues throughout the year. Right now, there's been an uptick in crime in a number of Harlem precincts over the past month and Manhattan overall has seen a significant increase in shootings over the past year especially south of 96th which may be why we are hearing about it more but as of right now, we are better off this year than last year...

Old 05-26-2015, 01:18 PM

7,135 posts, read 5,512,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkie View Post
Last night, Saturday, I got off the 1 train on 207 st around 10pm and saw the street was blocked off by police and ambulances. There seemed to be over a dozen officers trying to control the scene. Part of the sidewalk was closed to the public. No one seemed to know what was happening but this was occurring across the street from where a man was shot and killed a few weeks ago.

I can't seem to find any news about the incident online. Does anyone know what happened?
Always check twitter, it's the google of what's happening right now.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:37 PM

1,957 posts, read 1,049,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
It's just being reported more to suit the agenda. Not saying DeBlasio is a great mayor by any stretch of the imagination, but the reality while shootings and murders are up in the city over the last year, all other major crimes are down and we are currently experiencing a 7% reduction in overall crime, though we will have to see if that trend continues throughout the year. Right now, there's been an uptick in crime in a number of Harlem precincts over the past month and Manhattan overall has seen a significant increase in shootings over the past year especially south of 96th which may be why we are hearing about it more but as of right now, we are better off this year than last year...
Crime is also up in every borough except Brooklyn. Manhattan and the Bronx especially have seen an upswing in crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City