U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 01:52 PM

1,369 posts, read 829,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua amante View Post
Theres nothing wrong w wanting something serious at 25. Im your age and at 1 point i wanted it too, but now ive realized i wanted an LTR for all the wrong reasons and am focusing on myself. Besides, i only like the idea of it sometimes..not the actual work and commitment it takes. Very few people are really able to work through the times that arent blissful and perfect and call it quits once they realize no relationship is perfect. Id rather avoid the unneccasary drama and stress and just have fun
Good advice☺
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
I don't really know what fun is anymore.

Being single feels really empty. I have friends, I have family, and it still feels empty. I know happiness comes from within but every time I try I eventually find myself back in a low place. It's hard to believe the world I live in today is so vain and selfish.
I hated it when people told me, "This is a good opportunity for you" after my break up. Like what kind of ****ing bull**** is that? This isn't good this is ****ing awful. But she (ex), probably had the same thing in mind as every other young adult in this god forsaken city. The evil consumed her too, and made her a vain witch looking for 'fun' and all that junk.
It's only been three months,since your break up it takes time to heal your not going to have fun if your trying to
Hard to commit your self.you sound as if your in a major depression state. And your not the only one in the world.
That feels lonely or do you want to get your heart broken again. With out healing up from the fist long term relationship.😨

Old 05-25-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua amante View Post
you sound very scorned..that is not good and you are not ready for a relationship. You will just scare the woman off. Not trying to be rude, just honest. Youre also very judgmental..your not going to get anywhere with this energy.
I agree 100%

Old 05-25-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I don't really know what fun is anymore.

Being single feels really empty. I have friends, I have family, and it still feels empty. I know happiness comes from within but every time I try I eventually find myself back in a low place. It's hard to believe the world I live in today is so vain and selfish.
I hated it when people told me, "This is a good opportunity for you" after my break up. Like what kind of ****ing bull**** is that? This isn't good this is ****ing awful. But she (ex), probably had the same thing in mind as every other young adult in this god forsaken city. The evil consumed her too, and made her a vain witch looking for 'fun' and all that junk.
What did you expected, reality hit her she realized how short life is, maybe in another 10 years she will come looking
For you.they say if love is ment to be set it free and it will come back.You are sounding possessive,controlling and
Like an 80 year old man and that's bad.😠

Old 05-25-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
If you sleep around you're a ***** it's that simple. People who constantly play the field because they have that luxury are still whores. That's what this city is all about. You don't believe me? Ride the subway at this time you'll see plenty of them get on at 42nd Street-Time Square.

And I don't feel like "God fearing" is disparaging. I didn't mean it that way if that's what you thought I was implying.

Am I bitter? You're damn right I am. But I'm reading everyone's comments and I'm taking it in so I can learn something. If that other poster has a problem with me she can simply stop posting if she doesn't like what I'm saying.
I understand how you feel but remember we post comment's we are all on the outside looking in.
And you are inside looking out,people are going to say hurtful things,and your doing the same.
That's life.you dish it out and take it in.maybe you need a break from posting and take some time
To soak in some of the advise.⌚

Old 05-25-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm not sure of what bubble you live in, but what I described is all over the city and not just in the South Bronx. Go to parts of Brooklyn like Bushwick or ENY, maybe even South Brooklyn or uptown Manhattan like Washington Heights or Harlem, to even parts of Queens like Jamaica and these types of examples exist. Some of the women in the area turn good overtime but yet a decent man do not want that do to baggage from previous relationships. I was like you when I was 25 and received my bachelors degree. My advise to you is to don't think you have the world on your shoulders or in the palm of your hands. You need to think and sit a little but don't sit too long and time will pass you right by. Congrats on getting your degree, but most importantly try and build yourself up and worry about the ladies later. I would be more worried about jobs and money than worried about being with someone.
I agree100% ladies are not going any where your not going to miss out at all your time will come is not
As if you were going to die in two days.👗 👠

Old 05-25-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
Let love find you. Join a few meet up groups. You are looking for a nice girl??? Go to places where people with other interests go...musuems, galleries, festivals. You have so many options. You may sit next to her on the "A" train, then BAM!
I hear that!

Old 05-25-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I'm just upset. Because I just don't know what to do. Everything around me just like bleak and ugly since my break-up. I continuously beat myself up over it. I'm only human I'm not perfect, but other don't see that in us. Instead they wait for the first wrong thing to happen so they can bail on you. It's hurtful and discouraging, and she someone I needed in my life. She was simple and laidback, not like most girls in NYC. However, our communication was pretty bad and we found ourselves mad at eachother. She wasn't passionate about stuff so it made intimate convos a little difficult to have with her. She wasn't the only problem, obviously I'm beating myself up for a reason.
Well Jonathan, better the break up know than after getting married and having kids,you would really hate her more
When she leaves with half of your hard earnings.and us it with another man and if you guys had a home she gets
To keep it because of the kids.some people marry and have kids just to do that that's call money hungry. 💰💰💰

Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 PM

5,559 posts, read 3,478,446 times
A few ideas:

1) Love is ephemeral. Don't count on it to create a relationship.

2) Understand yourself and what you are looking for in a relationship. This will change over time.

3) Don't look for a relationship. Start with companionship. Look for someone with a compatible value system. Try to build a relationship over time based upon your shared value system.

4) Know thine self. To thine own self be true. There is no good or bad. There is just you and your companion who you are trying to build a relationship with.

5) I respect your desire to be with someone else and hopefully you find someone who wants to be with you. There is no formula for this. Each person figures it out in his/her own way.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
"She was simple and laidback, not like most girls in NYC"

You obviously don't know "most" girls in NYC, so why past judgement? I've been reading this thread shaking my head and laughing for about a day. You aren't that much older than me, and even I see a problem. Like someone else suggested, you just got out of a breakup take this time to have fun. Spend time with friends & family, think about going back to school, something.

I have brothers a little older than you who've had kids at your age, and I can tell it's hell.
I agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City