U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-25-2015, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Bronx
14,891 posts, read 17,458,236 times
Reputation: 7541

Advertisements

[quote=Jonathanp219;39759519]I disagree with this too...

I see beautiful women with average looking guys all the time. My barber is a fat Dominican dude and his wife is smoking hot, I would of never that was his wife. The whole dynamic you laid out makes no sense. Below average women are with good looking guys? And the good looking women are also with good looking guys? What? And what exactly is considered good looking, or a woman who is a "10" as opposed to a "8"? All those things are very subjective, everyone's taste is different. One of my closest friends (he's Guyanese too btw) has been in a relationship with a stunning young lady for quite some time, and I wouldn't consider him GOOD LOOKING by any measure. However, he does dress well and keeps himself well groomed. LOOKING GOOD goes a lot further than being GOOD LOOKING in my opinion. That's just me though.[/quote]

This is true, but its called effort. Looks aren't everything, its all about the heart inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2015, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Dallas
282 posts, read 257,635 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Humans are social creatures, I don't find it normal for people to be OK being by themselves. It truly bothers me when people say that because not everyone is like that, and not everyone wants to be like that. I don't care if it's healthy to enjoy your own company, some people are built differently.

And no, uneducated, poor people aren't the only ones having kids and a family at 25. That's a terrible way to look at it.
You don't have to date to socialize. Do you not have any friends? I guess I should't be surprised. No family? When I was single, I was very social and throwing dinner parties and planning trips with friends. And going out with family and friends. Most people aged 25 are single and socialize just fine.

You need to see a therapist for a myriad of issues - uncomfortable with self, lack of self-esteem, no friends, can't connect with others unless you're sleeping with them..

And yes, I work in a white-collar industry and I have many friends. They're mostly single, and get married in their 30s. And yes, marriage and family at 25 in year 2015 mostly belongs amongst the lower-classes.

Last edited by UAE50; 05-25-2015 at 11:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2015, 11:57 PM
 
Location: New York
740 posts, read 879,440 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE50 View Post
You don't have to date to socialize. Do you not have any friends? I guess I should't be surprised. No family? When I was single, I was very social and throwing dinner parties and planning trips with friends. And going out with family and friends. Most people aged 25 are single and socialize just fine.

You need to see a therapist for a myriad of issues - uncomfortable with self, lack of self-esteem, no friends, can't connect with others unless you're sleeping with them..

And yes, I work in a white-collar industry and I have many friends. They're mostly single, and get married in their 30s. And yes, marriage and family at 25 in year 2015 mostly belongs amongst the lower-classes.
Well I did mention in my original post that I was seeing a therapist, so there goes that.

You're whole post is based on mostly blind assumptions so I'm not going to address the following. Have a goodnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Dallas
282 posts, read 257,635 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Well I did mention in my original post that I was seeing a therapist, so there goes that.

You're whole post is based on mostly blind assumptions so I'm not going to address the following. Have a goodnight.
They're not blind assumptions. All verifiable a fact. People who start families at that age (in this generation) are overwhelmingly lower socioeconomic class. Fact. Median marriage age in the United States is about 30 for males.....and most of the United States is middle-America flyover and it's still that "high". It's higher in ambitious places like New York, and that's a fact. 25 year olds are mostly looking to have fun, build experiences, find themselves, and strive professionally. You have 60+ years ahead of you to be a boring family man..why not live up your youth and stop being so miserable and clingy?

You seem so uncomfortable with yourself and I find that rather depressing. You have nothing going for yourself? No career goals? No hobbies? No group of friends? Go on a trip to a foreign country, meet people your age and have a blast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 12:20 AM
 
Location: New York
740 posts, read 879,440 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE50 View Post
They're not blind assumptions. All verifiable a fact. People who start families at that age (in this generation) are overwhelmingly lower socioeconomic class. Fact. Median marriage age in the United States is about 30 for males.....and most of the United States is middle-America flyover and it's still that "high". It's higher in ambitious places like New York, and that's a fact. 25 year olds are mostly looking to have fun, build experiences, find themselves, and strive professionally. You have 60+ years ahead of you to be a boring family man..why not live up your youth and stop being so miserable and clingy?

You seem so uncomfortable with yourself and I find that rather depressing. You have nothing going for yourself? No career goals? No hobbies? No group of friends? Go on a trip to a foreign country, meet people your age and have a blast.
I just acquired my B.B.A. and I'm currently searching for internships. I have friends and they're great people, but it's still not the same. I have nothing else to find within myself, I am who I am. I've always been uncomfortable with myself ever since I was young, and I've accepted that flaw in my personality. I just feel like I lost a whole lot more than I'm ever going to gain. Yes, that's pretty depressing. Lately I've just been coasting through life, just trying to get through the days. Today is this day and tomorrow will be the next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 12:36 AM
 
Location: Bronx
14,891 posts, read 17,458,236 times
Reputation: 7541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
I just acquired my B.B.A. and I'm currently searching for internships. I have friends and they're great people, but it's still not the same. I have nothing else to find within myself, I am who I am. I've always been uncomfortable with myself ever since I was young, and I've accepted that flaw in my personality. I just feel like I lost a whole lot more than I'm ever going to gain. Yes, that's pretty depressing. Lately I've just been coasting through life, just trying to get through the days. Today is this day and tomorrow will be the next.
Don't feel like that. Just pick up or join a hobby and your days will go smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE50 View Post
You don't have to date to socialize. Do you not have any friends? I guess I should't be surprised. No family? When I was single, I was very social and throwing dinner parties and planning trips with friends. And going out with family and friends. Most people aged 25 are single and socialize just fine.

You need to see a therapist for a myriad of issues - uncomfortable with self, lack of self-esteem, no friends, can't connect with others unless you're sleeping with them..

And yes, I work in a white-collar industry and I have many friends. They're mostly single, and get married in their 30s. And yes, marriage and family at 25 in year 2015 mostly belongs amongst the lower-classes.
I so agree with this. Young marriage is for folks who are either lower class or uneducated is so true to a certain degree. The folks who are getting married are educated or those who are wealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 05:25 AM
 
99 posts, read 76,714 times
Reputation: 137
Listen to me ...no matter how retarded this may sound.

Get one of those cute little PARIS HILTON type of dogs and bring it with you everywhere you go. WOMEN will be all over you because the ICE breaker is the DOG.

__________

I noticed when i went anywhere out of town i stuck out like a sore thumb and females would always DEMAND to know where i was from because they knew i wasnt from that neighborhood. They loved my accent. It was like THEY AUTOMATICALLY knew i was from NY and it gave me a 'coolness factor'. Even married women were fb friending me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 07:42 AM
 
Location: New York
740 posts, read 879,440 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Don't feel like that. Just pick up or join a hobby and your days will go smoothly.


Everyday is a constant struggle no matter how many things I do to get stuff off my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 07:57 AM
 
706 posts, read 822,555 times
Reputation: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Everyday is a constant struggle no matter how many things I do to get stuff off my mind.
You better concentrate on finding a job, hommie! No chick is going to date a dude with no job unless you have serious pimp game (which due to your shyness you do not have). By reading your post, it looks like you are seeking the validation of your masculinity by having a girlfriend. (no bueno!) That type of mind-frame will be your downfall. Like another poster said, your happiness/your purpose in life comes from within not from the outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Bronx
14,891 posts, read 17,458,236 times
Reputation: 7541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Everyday is a constant struggle no matter how many things I do to get stuff off my mind.
Of course it is. If I was you, I would have done the following things to get over a break like what you're going through. I would have went to a strip club or hire an escort for an hourly romp. Or I would have booked a trip to another part of the country like Las Vegas or Miami if not a trip to DR, Costa Rica or Iceland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top