Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:27 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,578,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Very interesting. How did you find out about this Henna?

There was huge press about it and also a lot of talk on this forum about it.

Now that the weather is nice, there are so many free things that you can do. Walk outside, picnic in a park with home packed food, bike rides, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 07:28 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,144 times
The high line and west side highway are a nice afternoon stroll. And while not free, Chelsea pier can be a great way to spend a few hours if you are into fitness. $50 gets you a pass for the sports club, the outdoor pool, rock climbing, volleyball, etc. you can also go to the driving range and a whole bunch of other activities.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:12 PM

32 posts, read 38,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
Um, what borough do you live in? I'm sure you don't wanna be on the train for 2 hours...where do you live?
I live in the Bronx, but I forgot to mention that we do drive. So pretty much will be filling the tank and trying to go anywhere that cost little to no money.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Sign up for the NYC ID card. For the rest of 2015, you get free or discounted admission to many venues including places like Wave Hill and the NY Botanical Garden.

Benefits - id NYC

You will have to wait for an appointment. I think I booked mine about 3 weeks ahead, and then there's a 2 week wait after that before you get the card.
Oh okay, Thanks , I definitely will look into that. I really appreciate it Henna.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:18 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Staten Island Ferry is free.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatthew5876 View Post
Go visit the parks and free museums. Try taking the ferry to Governors Island for 2$ / person.

Also this site:
the skint | free and cheap new york. every day.
This is really great! Thanks so much fmatthew.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:34 PM

I value everyone's opinion & choices. I will definitely be venturing out trying to hit up all the spots that you've all mentioned. Please, if you know anymore, please let me know. We wouldn't mind going to New Jersey, Connecticut, also Pennsylvania. So please let me know the places that cost little to No money. I'm ready to start making moves for the whole Summer. Thank y'all. I don't know what I would have done without y'all. We definitely going to have fun this Summer it looks like.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Window shopping at 5th Ave.
Matter of fact, this is what I am doing RIGHT NOW !!! while she is taking a phone call.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:59 PM

34,074 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Boardwalk baby! Bring her to Rockaway!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-26-2015, 04:09 PM

43,641 posts, read 44,361,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Sign up for the NYC ID card. For the rest of 2015, you get free or discounted admission to many venues including places like Wave Hill and the NY Botanical Garden.

Benefits - id NYC

You will have to wait for an appointment. I think I booked mine about 3 weeks ahead, and then there's a 2 week wait after that before you get the card.
I was able to make an appointment just one week in advance and I got my id NYC within 10 days of the appointment. So it depends which location you make the appointment in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And if you are a Bank of America customer you get free enterance to Museums and some other places in NYC every third Thursday of the month or something.
Bank of America debit as well credit card customers get free admission to certain museums on the first full weekend of every month. See Museums on Us®

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SassyLadyt View Post
I value everyone's opinion & choices. I will definitely be venturing out trying to hit up all the spots that you've all mentioned. Please, if you know anymore, please let me know. We wouldn't mind going to New Jersey, Connecticut, also Pennsylvania. So please let me know the places that cost little to No money. I'm ready to start making moves for the whole Summer. Thank y'all. I don't know what I would have done without y'all. We definitely going to have fun this Summer it looks like.
The Bank of America deal is good around the country so you can check their website for other states as well.

Also the Bronx Botanical Gardens offers free admission to the grounds on Wednesdays all day and I think also on Saturdays until 12pm/noon.
The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens offers free admission on Tuesdays all day and I think also on Saturdays until 12pm/noon.
The Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the American Museum of Natural History, the Museum of the City of NY and the Brooklyn Museum all have a suggestion contribution (meaning pay what you wish) instead of a fixed admission.

Another idea is to take the Roosevelt Tram (for the price of a subway fare) and spend time walking around the island as there are nice views from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City