Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 02:58 PM

19 posts, read 46,579 times

Advertisements

A friend has an offering plan meeting this Friday. She received a call today. And is a community board eligible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 04:38 PM

8 posts, read 16,536 times
I called today and was told that I am a backup (I'm in the 1700s, CB, for a 1br) and that all the CB spots have been offered. It is very likely that many of the offerings will fall through (people will change their mind or mortgage will fall through) so there is still a chance of being offered a place. Once CB units are gone, I'll be put into the general pool so there is still a small chance there too. If anyone has info about the offering details, flip tax, actual prices, Etc... Please post!

Old 09-09-2015, 04:06 PM

So far so good. I received my offering letter today. No real info to provide from the letter aside from saying that I'm eligible to purchase and need a 100 dollar deposit for the offering plan for an upcoming appointment. My log number is in the 600s.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:50 PM

A friend went for interview today and said she was told 9 apartments have been sold.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:19 AM

15 posts, read 28,392 times
Wow, 9 already sold and they're not even finished building the condo. Does sold mean 9 people put down their deposit for the plan or actually paid cash or approved for the mortgage? Hard to believe the banks approved so quickly if they have a mortgage.
I wonder if there was a lot of community board preferred applicants to begin with.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:27 AM

Supposedly the banks are there at this interview. And based on the letter once you have the offering plan you have 8 days to put the down payment.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Morning!

I just wanted to create a forum for individuals to discuss the upcoming Navy Green Affordable condos currently under construction in Brooklyns Fort Greene/ Cliniton Hill neighborhoods. The lottery just closed yesterday May 26th and promises homeownership with amenities.

It probably will take about 6 months to hear back but feel free to post here any news articles, updates or the application to mortgage process.

Good luck to all those who have applied

Navy Green
Hi to bk_nurse and those that are apart of this lottery. I haven't been on this site in over year, but when I saw this thread I was compelled to comment. I love sharing information that will be helpful, especially in regards to this affordable homeownership housing situation. I went through this process with the LaCelia Coops about 2 1/2 years ago. Having a thread like this can be very informative and helpful in going through this process, especially for First time homebuyers. We also had the same selling agent Mike Reed and his team, they handle most, if not all of the affordable housing lotteries. You can let Mike know that you have this thread and he may? decide to share information on the forum to cut down on the guesswork and the inquiries of the participates. He participated in the La Celia thread.

#1 As far as the maintenance amounts that some are asking about on this thread it is about what we pay @ LaCelia approx. 400& up for studios, 500& up for 1 bedroom and up to 700 or more for 2 bedrooms.

#2 just a thought, Since the down payment is only 5%, (La Celia's was 10%) you can always put down more $$ and that will give you a lower mortgage payment the 5% is the minimum not the max of what you can put down.

I may have missed something about the log#'s and the fact that people don't know what their log numbers are. From what I remember, you should have received a letter with your log# after you application was received & logged. And if you applied on housing connect I thought they give you your log# after you finished the application. I could be totally wrong about that, as I applied through the mail, housing connect was just coming out at that time.

I hope some of this information is helpful, and I wish all the best. Be patient, it can be a long process, but it is definitely worth it, one of the best decisions I ever made.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:03 AM

12 posts, read 24,353 times
Thank you IAMAHOMEOWNER!
What you wrote was helpful.

Best,
VandiGoddess

Old 09-14-2015, 11:24 AM

357 posts, read 656,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamanewhomeowner View Post
Hi to bk_nurse and those that are apart of this lottery. I haven't been on this site in over year, but when I saw this thread I was compelled to comment. I love sharing information that will be helpful, especially in regards to this affordable homeownership housing situation. I went through this process with the LaCelia Coops about 2 1/2 years ago. Having a thread like this can be very informative and helpful in going through this process, especially for First time homebuyers. We also had the same selling agent Mike Reed and his team, they handle most, if not all of the affordable housing lotteries. You can let Mike know that you have this thread and he may? decide to share information on the forum to cut down on the guesswork and the inquiries of the participates. He participated in the La Celia thread.

#1 As far as the maintenance amounts that some are asking about on this thread it is about what we pay @ LaCelia approx. 400& up for studios, 500& up for 1 bedroom and up to 700 or more for 2 bedrooms.

#2 just a thought, Since the down payment is only 5%, (La Celia's was 10%) you can always put down more $$ and that will give you a lower mortgage payment the 5% is the minimum not the max of what you can put down.

I may have missed something about the log#'s and the fact that people don't know what their log numbers are. From what I remember, you should have received a letter with your log# after you application was received & logged. And if you applied on housing connect I thought they give you your log# after you finished the application. I could be totally wrong about that, as I applied through the mail, housing connect was just coming out at that time.

I hope some of this information is helpful, and I wish all the best. Be patient, it can be a long process, but it is definitely worth it, one of the best decisions I ever made.
Hi! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on getting a home at La Celia...I also applied to that one but was not selected. As far as Navy Green goes, it was also a paper application. I would have preferred it to be on housingconnect but as of right now only rental opportunities are listed up there.

With regards to log numbers we also have not received those. The only people who know their log numbers are those who have been called for an interview.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:48 AM

131 posts, read 338,038 times
Default Hi

So now that I reset my password that I forgot for my original username: I will be signing on as Soontobehomeowner, instead of Iamanewhomeowner.

I am glad it was helpful, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask, I will try and answer them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City