U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:51 PM

353 posts, read 528,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightweightbaby View Post
Thanks for posting links but these are the apartments at Navy Green....if you look at the picture of the red building in your link, the Condos are being built in the empty lot to the left of the apartments at 40 Vanderbilt. They are much further along than this picture shows.

$800 for a maintenance fee? OUCH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 04:09 PM

113 posts, read 185,320 times
i went to the seminars and they gave out information about the prices and maintenance. let me know what you want to know. i have it right in front of me.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:12 PM

There's 47 one Bedroom
20 Two Bedrooms
7 Three Bedrooms

1 Bedroom Monthly Maintenance is $400
Taxes and Insurance is $50

2 Bedroom Monthly Maintenance $550
taxes and insurance is $50

3 Bedroom is $790
Taxes and Insurance is $65

it's pricey considering you have a mortgage on top for that. easily top $2k+++ just for an apartment

Old 06-04-2015, 04:15 PM

i just dont' get why we are paying so much money for maintenance. I'm assuming to maintain the building as it is a BIG building, elevators, the front yard and even a back yard, the business. There are no security guards for this navy condo. I was told during the seminars.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Thanks for posting links but these are the apartments at Navy Green....if you look at the picture of the red building in your link, the Condos are being built in the empty lot to the left of the apartments at 40 Vanderbilt. They are much further along than this picture shows.

$800 for a maintenance fee? OUCH!!!

the link i posted was a building next to the navy green condo. i wanted you guy to read that because that 40 Vanderbilt building shelters the homeless and people with mental illness. So we can all make informative decision when purchasing this condo. I've heard that there are NYCHA PROJECTS near the condo like a few blocks or even 1 block away. I need to do a little research in person or on google maps to confirm it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or discriminating against anyone but i would be a little concern if I'm moving my family and planning to have kid in a neighborhood with bad nycha nearby and homeless people and mental ill people who frequents around my block. These people usually have lots of free time and possible doesn't work at all and probably wander around and chill on the block next to navy green condo with all the flashy and bright lights downstairs. Oh yeah, the spaces down stairs of the building are for commercial use. Most likely for super markets and deli.

it does sound cheap but not that cheap. I have to pay a mortgage easily over 1500-2000$ on top of that a 600-800$ maintenance fee. easily paying $2k-2.4k$. I'm actually glad that it is expensive because these are condos are made for the middle income family and not low income. No hand outs is what i like. if these condos are $50k - 100k with max income restriction of $50k or less. Think about the quality of the people that would be living there, living on welfare, food stamps and all the govt benefits that are available.

Also, it will eliminate a lot of people which is awesome. You wont' even believe the questions people asked at the seminars. Someone asked if I'm filing for bankruptcy and i have very bad credits, could I still apply? Another question was is there a program where it allows me to pay 0% down payment. Oh really? They already allow you to put down a minimum 5% already. Is that not low enough? you want 0% down payment. Hopefully these people will get sorted out and removed.

Last edited by lightweightbaby; 06-04-2015 at 04:32 PM..

Old 06-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightweightbaby View Post
There's 47 one Bedroom
20 Two Bedrooms
7 Three Bedrooms

1 Bedroom Monthly Maintenance is $400
Taxes and Insurance is $50

2 Bedroom Monthly Maintenance $550
taxes and insurance is $50

3 Bedroom is $790
Taxes and Insurance is $65

it's pricey considering you have a mortgage on top for that. easily top $2k+++ just for an apartment
Thank you for offering up this information. Now I regret not attending the info session.

What are the amenities in the building?

How long will it take to hear back from them?

When will people move in?

Old 06-04-2015, 04:32 PM

what you guys think

Old 06-04-2015, 04:49 PM

19 posts, read 58,456 times
Did they tell you at the seminar how long you have to live there or else there is a penalty of paying back the subsidy or what not? Just thinking just in case you get a 1bd and 10 years down the line you need a bigger apartment because of kids or whatnot.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan2 View Post
Did they tell you at the seminar how long you have to live there or else there is a penalty of paying back the subsidy or what not? Just thinking just in case you get a 1bd and 10 years down the line you need a bigger apartment because of kids or whatnot.
Good question RangersFan2!

Lightweight baby we are already aware that there is a homeless shelter and NYCHA housing nearby. Thank you for your update.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:11 PM

Amenities includes fitness center, shared courtyard, playground, roof terrace, bike parking, storage units, and on site laundry room. You have to keep the property for up to 10 years and then you don't have have to pay back the subsidy when you sell it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City