U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:31 AM

353 posts, read 527,184 times

Advertisements

Morning!

I just wanted to create a forum for individuals to discuss the upcoming Navy Green Affordable condos currently under construction in Brooklyns Fort Greene/ Cliniton Hill neighborhoods. The lottery just closed yesterday May 26th and promises homeownership with amenities.

It probably will take about 6 months to hear back but feel free to post here any news articles, updates or the application to mortgage process.

Good luck to all those who have applied

Navy Green
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 12:15 PM

88 posts, read 181,147 times
I want one so badly! No idea how long it will take to hear something, but I keep obsessively combing the internet for news. Do you really think it will be six months? Looks so fab, especially now that the Wegman's is coming.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
I want one so badly! No idea how long it will take to hear something, but I keep obsessively combing the internet for news. Do you really think it will be six months? Looks so fab, especially now that the Wegman's is coming.
Ahhh me too! The 6 months thing is only a guess...could be 3 months but I doubt any sooner than that. This isnt my first lottery and typically they take a long time to get back to you. This may be my last straw for finding affordable housing in NY...I've been here all my life and seriously considering moving.

As for Wegman's I had no idea what that was until you mentioned it. Funny thing is I grew up in Fort Greene projects as a teen, graduated nursing school and COULDNT WAIT to leave the area due to crime. Biggest mistake ever! Fort Greene has really cleaned up its reputation. I left my childhood apartment on Carlton and Park that I was paying $500 per month and regretted it because I havent found anything that much better. I truly miss living in Fort Greene..close access to the park, hospital, and easy commute from any train downtown Brooklyn.

I am very interested in hearing how many people applied, one of the apartment housing lotteries had over 90,000 applicants.

Feel free to post anything here if you find it.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:46 PM

523 posts, read 1,256,775 times
Why do people wait till past the deadline to post about a lottery.. I personally knew about this lottery . Totally forgot to send in paperwork.. I guess the less people the better is the thought ?

Old 05-27-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Why do people wait till past the deadline to post about a lottery.. I personally knew about this lottery . Totally forgot to send in paperwork.. I guess the less people the better is the thought ?
Ahh bummer! Sorry you forgot. Im not so sure if the "less people the better" theory matters because many of the condo and co-op lotteries have a cap on the applications they will accept.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:53 PM

19 posts, read 58,306 times
I sent in my application almost two months ago, completely forgot about it until I saw this forum. Good luck to everyone, I would really like to get this as Im sure many would. Did anybody here go to the open house seminar for it back in April?

Old 05-27-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan2 View Post
I sent in my application almost two months ago, completely forgot about it until I saw this forum. Good luck to everyone, I would really like to get this as Im sure many would. Did anybody here go to the open house seminar for it back in April?
I personally did not attend the open house at St. Francis but heard there were TONS of people there. Good luck to you too!

If anyone attended an open house please feel free to share your experience.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:31 PM

88 posts, read 194,458 times
I sent in an application as well but I now have a new job that puts me over the income cap. Best of luck to all of you who have applied.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:49 AM

19 posts, read 58,306 times
Does anyone know the anticipated completion date of the building?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:09 AM

88 posts, read 181,147 times
Anticipated completion is, I believe, March 2016. Fingers crossed for us all. Dying to know how many applications they received--the recent Queens "affordable" rentals numbers were bonkers, hoping these are better. It's not actually so easy to be perfectly within the income brackets AND to have good credit, so who knows, maybe those of us that meet those qualifications have an actual shot.

I visited the site a month or two ago. It's an interesting spot with lots of new hip businesses nearby, bit of a hike to the train, and the navy yard getting nicer and nicer each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City