Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 AM

8 posts, read 14,086 times

Advertisements

I have lived in my residence since "1976" and have been an exemplary Tenant. Over the past SIX years my landlord has made several Invalid attempts to have me Evicted. Seven judges in the Housing Court have proven they are Corrupt and have Violated my Human and Civil Rights and when the landlord was found to be in the position to be Fined Civil Penalties, they chose not to Fine him.(???) Now it is Lease Renewal time and just to try to find another way to have me Evicted for no Justifiable reason the landlord "intentionally" entered the WRONG amount that was my Legal Rent on 9-13-13. My Legal Rent was $1,255.87 and the landlord entered $1,408.89, whereby being that I am on Social Security and my Income is known by the
landlord he knows that I could not afford such an ILLEGAL increase. What Agency do I go to for having the "INTENTIONAL ERROR" corrected and a proper Renewal submitted. My present Lease expires on May 31st and I don't want the error to cause me to not be able to get a Renewal. I am permanently Disabled and will have nowhere to go. Please help me to not lose the home I've had for the past Thirty-Eight years just because the landlord is a deplorable monster.

I have been dragged back and forth to Housing Court for no JUSTIFIABLE for the past SIX years Thirty-Eight (38) times, and by the Grace of God I have been able to prove that the landlord and his disgusting lawyer are simply liars and want me out to get more money for the apartment. I have been placed on the Court's special Blacklist and won't be able to find a new apartment so easily and it appears that I have been Blacklisted with lawyers because NONE will take my case for Harassment. I won an Award Judgment of $25,000.00 in "2010", but with the help of CORRUPTED judges I was NEVER paid the Judgment.(???) One lawyer claimed he would file a Harassment Complaint on my behalf, but upon discovering that the landlord's lawyer knew the other lawyer, he refused to appear in Court and refused to return any of my calls.(???) Goes to prove it is all about who you know. Someone please advise which course of action I can take now to get the Lease Renewal rewritten and possibly the Injustice I am being forced to contend with before it further destroys my health. My Doctor has confirmed that the ongoing Harassment is jeopardizing my health, but the landlord and his lawyer don't care, they just keep piling it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 12:45 PM

23 posts, read 51,575 times
Since you spent quite some time on writing this, I might just give you my opinion (Not legal advice). It seems lots of your complaints are a result of misunderstanding of our legal system and of mishandling of your situation.
For one, you don't wait for a check to come to you after you won a judgement. You have to collect. Corrupted judges? I will let others comment on that. When the whole world is working against you, it's very likely you are the source of the problem.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:50 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Being a Victim View Post
I have lived in my residence since "1976" and have been an exemplary Tenant. Over the past SIX years my landlord has made several Invalid attempts to have me Evicted. Seven judges in the Housing Court have proven they are Corrupt and have Violated my Human and Civil Rights and when the landlord was found to be in the position to be Fined Civil Penalties, they chose not to Fine him.(???) Now it is Lease Renewal time and just to try to find another way to have me Evicted for no Justifiable reason the landlord "intentionally" entered the WRONG amount that was my Legal Rent on 9-13-13. My Legal Rent was $1,255.87 and the landlord entered $1,408.89, whereby being that I am on Social Security and my Income is known by the
landlord he knows that I could not afford such an ILLEGAL increase. What Agency do I go to for having the "INTENTIONAL ERROR" corrected and a proper Renewal submitted. My present Lease expires on May 31st and I don't want the error to cause me to not be able to get a Renewal. I am permanently Disabled and will have nowhere to go. Please help me to not lose the home I've had for the past Thirty-Eight years just because the landlord is a deplorable monster.

I have been dragged back and forth to Housing Court for no JUSTIFIABLE for the past SIX years Thirty-Eight (38) times, and by the Grace of God I have been able to prove that the landlord and his disgusting lawyer are simply liars and want me out to get more money for the apartment. I have been placed on the Court's special Blacklist and won't be able to find a new apartment so easily and it appears that I have been Blacklisted with lawyers because NONE will take my case for Harassment. I won an Award Judgment of $25,000.00 in "2010", but with the help of CORRUPTED judges I was NEVER paid the Judgment.(???) One lawyer claimed he would file a Harassment Complaint on my behalf, but upon discovering that the landlord's lawyer knew the other lawyer, he refused to appear in Court and refused to return any of my calls.(???) Goes to prove it is all about who you know. Someone please advise which course of action I can take now to get the Lease Renewal rewritten and possibly the Injustice I am being forced to contend with before it further destroys my health. My Doctor has confirmed that the ongoing Harassment is jeopardizing my health, but the landlord and his lawyer don't care, they just keep piling it on.

when someone starts claiming that everyone is corrupt then it becomes less than believable. Go to court if you have a good case you will win. But don't go in with the attitude that the judge is corrupt or it will show.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:15 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,098,410 times
You sure do have a lot of problems.
See if you qualify for SCRIE to have your rent frozen.
Finance - Property - SCRIE Tenant Information

Old 03-04-2014, 02:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times
OP go get your 25K, it's yours for the taking:
https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/...judgment.shtml

OR, you can wait for someone here to PM you so they can generously take 75% of it as a "fee" to collect it for you

Old 03-19-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNID1001 View Post
Since you spent quite some time on writing this, I might just give you my opinion (Not legal advice). It seems lots of your complaints are a result of misunderstanding of our legal system and of mishandling of your situation.
For one, you don't wait for a check to come to you after you won a judgement. You have to collect. Corrupted judges? I will let others comment on that. When the whole world is working against you, it's very likely you are the source of the problem.
It's obvious that you did not read with any understanding of the matter at all. I never stated that the whole world is against me, just my landlord and his lawyer because they want more rent for the apartment and there has not been a LEGAL way established to force me out. Even the buy-outs offered were turned down. In addition, how dare you give an opinion that is so inept. I totally understand our so called legal system and I have not mishandled my situation because if I had I would have been Evicted SIX years ago. As a matter of FACT, the manner in which I have handled my situation is the ONLY reason all UNJUSTIFIABLE ATTEMPTS TO EVICT ME HAS FAILED. Furthermore, I did make every effort humanly possible to collect my Judgment, but when you don't have the money and connections the other individual has it's difficult to succeed in getting JUSTICE. I am in no way the source of my problem, my fighting for my RIGHTS is because it is desired that I just lay down and accept being Violated. And in regards to the Corrupt judges, there if "irrefutable proof" to substantiate my Claim and I am not the only who has experienced underhanded actions on the part of a judge. Think before you give your opinion.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 PM

Dear Vall, Thank you ever so much for your Intelligent response. I do have DRIE and it has been established that I am Exempt from MCI's since "2007", which the landlord is aware of, but he elected to Harass me about them because it is simply an attempt to force me to move. I have been Blessed with being able to retain an attorney who is very much aware of how this landlord and his lawyer operates and am confident that they won't get away with what they are trying to do. In June of "2012" this same landlord had the "Fire Escapes" removed from a building he owns in the Bronx - It was in the News - but when you have deep pockets and connections, you "don't get sent to Jail for endangering so many lives and you don't pay Civil Penalties Fines neither. After having done this to all those Tenants buy-outs were offered. (???) Check the web for Goldarb Properties and you will see what I have said is True. You have a Blessed Day.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 PM

bilmin I understand what you said, but when there is "repeated irrefutable proof" that "specific individuals are in fact Corrupt" it's difficult not to say it because of the Injustice forced to endure unjustifiably. Remember I did not say everyone was. In addition I went to Court and PROVED my claim and one Judge totally agreed with the Evidence I had presented that's why the Judgment was Awarded in the first place, but when an appeal was filed and there was a different judge presiding, the Decision was Reversed with the Evidence not having ever been read by the second judge because it had "Mysteriously disappeared". Go figure. It was once stated by a Great man that when you go to Court seeking Justice, all you find there is Just Us looking for what will not come to exist.

Last edited by Tired of Being a Victim; 03-19-2014 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 PM

510 posts, read 1,443,148 times
This may seem like a big mess, but luckily in NYC the laws are really on your side when it comes to renting.

Here's what to do:

1) Go to the district/borough office of the DHCR in your area. Here's a list of them: Contact DHCR

Bring the new lease that they sent you as well as your last lease if you have it. They will be able to look into what the legal rent for the apartment is and advise you on what the next steps to take are.

That should do it honestly But if for some reason it doesn't, do this:

1) Make a copy of the lease for your records. Write your landlord a letter stating that you do want to renew a proper lease, but that this current lease is invalid because the rent amount is wrong. Have this letter notarized and send it certified mail (with the original copy of the new lease) to your landlord. In the letter state that you are requesting a new lease with the correct amount listed, and give them a time limit to get their response back to you (i.e. 15 days, etc.)
2) If they do not respond after your time limit AND it is less than 90 days until your current lease expires file this form: http://www.nyshcr.org/Forms/Rent/ra90.pdf
The form asks things such as the date you first signed a lease on the apartment, the most recent rent, etc. Mark off #6 for the complaint and explain below that the landlord was illegally raising your rent and refused to comply with your request for a corrected lease to sign. They will be forced to answer to the DHCR and may be fined for not providing you with a valid renewal lease and/or will be forced to respond to you and the DHCR.

Just so you know you are still pretty well protected in this process. As a rent stabilized tenant if your landlord fails to comply and offer you a valid renewal lease, you are considered a month to month tenant. As a month to month rent stabilized tenant you are still protected in that your landlord cant ask you to move/evict you, AND they cannot legally raise the rent unless you agree to any increases.

And keep in mind I'm not a lawyer, I'm just pretty well versed in this stuff after fighting for years and years for my grandmother to keep her $1283.00 a month 4 bedroom apartment on West 79th st.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 AM

23 posts, read 51,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Being a Victim View Post
It's obvious that you did not read with any understanding of the matter at all. I never stated that the whole world is against me, just my landlord and his lawyer because they want more rent for the apartment and there has not been a LEGAL way established to force me out. Even the buy-outs offered were turned down. In addition, how dare you give an opinion that is so inept. I totally understand our so called legal system and I have not mishandled my situation because if I had I would have been Evicted SIX years ago. As a matter of FACT, the manner in which I have handled my situation is the ONLY reason all UNJUSTIFIABLE ATTEMPTS TO EVICT ME HAS FAILED. Furthermore, I did make every effort humanly possible to collect my Judgment, but when you don't have the money and connections the other individual has it's difficult to succeed in getting JUSTICE. I am in no way the source of my problem, my fighting for my RIGHTS is because it is desired that I just lay down and accept being Violated. And in regards to the Corrupt judges, there if "irrefutable proof" to substantiate my Claim and I am not the only who has experienced underhanded actions on the part of a judge. Think before you give your opinion.
You don't have to get your claws out. I don't reply to every sob story, but yours, which has red flags all over, intrigues me. Your drastic change in tone and attitude proves my suspicion. Since your innocent old lady act didn't work, you now are an expert in our legal system.

Obviously, advice is not what you seek and I have no sympathy for you. Therefore, I will excuse myself from this drama.

Have a good day in court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City