U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM

457 posts, read 566,631 times

Advertisements

My lottery took a full year to go through before I was awarded a unit.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 04:12 PM

6 posts, read 8,142 times
Any updates yet? I am also waiting.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:53 PM

193 posts, read 198,754 times
I'm also still waiting on Mother Arnetta Crawford I called today after emailing my interviewer because she replied to my email saying I was over income. After calling her, she recalculated my income and said that I was actually in range (which I knew already) and they ran my credit and said that everything was okay, so I am eligible based on both of those factors. They're still processing applications apparently and have to wait until they do that to assign units. As of now, she couldn't confirm or deny if there was a unit available to me, but she did tell me since I am eligible based on income and credit, that I will be assigned a unit if one for my family size is still available. They have to process to make sure they're meeting all of the preferences (I have a NYCHA preference), so that might take some time, but she said it should take no longer than another 30 days. I'm kinda of annoyed since they originally gave a July 1 move in date, but not surprised since this is HPD and they are definitely not the most efficient or competent people.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:27 AM

28 posts, read 41,426 times
I know different managements have different time lengths for their process. Can
Anyone post their process with Wavecrest ?

Old 09-03-2015, 07:14 PM

6 posts, read 8,142 times
I also have NYCHA preference. When I called about two weeks ago I was told they havent reached my number yet .

Old 09-04-2015, 06:39 AM

193 posts, read 198,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djack30 View Post
I also have NYCHA preference. When I called about two weeks ago I was told they havent reached my number yet .
What was your log number?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:19 AM

89 posts, read 107,112 times
My file was sent to the city *crossing my fingers*

Old 09-24-2015, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,813 times
Hey guys-

So I have some concerns and hope someone can give me some insight on the whole lottery process. I went through the interview process and received a letter from the property manager stating I was approved for an apartment. They originally gave me a date to sign the lease but was emailed a few hours later stating to disregard the previous date in the last email and would be provided a new date soon. I followed up of course and was told by one of the case workers that everything is fine and they still do not have a date where I can sign my lease. I asked him if I am still approved and he assured me that I was and to be patient. He told me that they needed to double check with HPD for my actual lease signing date. It has now been 2 weeks and I have not heard anything back yet. I'm just concerned that I won't get the apartment after all. Has anyone been through this before? Or can give me some feedback of similar experiences? Please let me know.

Thanks!!

Old 09-24-2015, 11:02 AM

296 posts, read 322,905 times
Wink lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm0rales View Post
Hey guys-

So I have some concerns and hope someone can give me some insight on the whole lottery process. I went through the interview process and received a letter from the property manager stating I was approved for an apartment. They originally gave me a date to sign the lease but was emailed a few hours later stating to disregard the previous date in the last email and would be provided a new date soon. I followed up of course and was told by one of the case workers that everything is fine and they still do not have a date where I can sign my lease. I asked him if I am still approved and he assured me that I was and to be patient. He told me that they needed to double check with HPD for my actual lease signing date. It has now been 2 weeks and I have not heard anything back yet. I'm just concerned that I won't get the apartment after all. Has anyone been through this before? Or can give me some feedback of similar experiences? Please let me know.

Thanks!!
After the management approval, they send your file to HPD for city approval. It's takes from 1 week up to 1 month, depend on your income. The less income, takes longer time to approve.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 AM

189 posts, read 149,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm0rales View Post
Hey guys-

Thanks!!
From my experience you have to stalk management give them a call every two weeks and ask for updates even if they get frustrated oh well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City