Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 05:33 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,543,672 times

Advertisements

I am surprised that no one had put a post of this. Anyway, I want to find out from people who took the exam of what they think about the exam.

Here is my opinion:
First, the exam didn't start on time. No one was allow to enter into the building until like 8:45 AM. Second, we have to wait for those bells to ring in order to do anything, and that was simply waste of time. Lastly, the proctor or the exam monitor didn't even know what time we started the exam, and they said is our responsibility to keep track of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 06:32 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,925,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I am surprised that no one had put a post of this. Anyway, I want to find out from people who took the exam of what they think about the exam.

Here is my opinion:
First, the exam didn't start on time. No one was allow to enter into the building until like 8:45 AM. Second, we have to wait for those bells to ring in order to do anything, and that was simply waste of time. Lastly, the proctor or the exam monitor didn't even know what time we started the exam, and they said is our responsibility to keep track of time.
I took it at fdr in Bensonhurst. You are supposed to keep track of the time if you read the notice. I had complaints with the lack of fans considering how hot it was in the rooms and the long lines for the bathrooms. The test itself was a bit more difficult than I anticipated, but I'm confident I did good on it. A few questions were tricky.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
I took it at fdr in Bensonhurst. You are supposed to keep track of the time if you read the notice. I had complaints with the lack of fans considering how hot it was in the rooms and the long lines for the bathrooms. The test itself was a bit more difficult than I anticipated, but I'm confident I did good on it. A few questions were tricky.
Yea, I know what you mean about the fact that we should keep track of the time. I was expecting the computerized exam like the Staff Analyst Trainee one, which the computer screen has the time on the screen, like how much time you have left.

I think you are really good with these exam nyccs.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Yea, I know what you mean about the fact that we should keep track of the time. I was expecting the computerized exam like the Staff Analyst Trainee one, which the computer screen has the time on the screen, like how much time you have left.

I think you are really good with these exam nyccs.
Yea most exams are written like this one where you have to keep track of time. I left the exam with most people still taking the exam, goes to show the exam was not easy since I am usually one of the last ones to leave a test. Now the wait for 10 months to see our results. Good luck.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:43 PM

11,190 posts, read 8,999,372 times
is this an MTA test?

Old 05-31-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
is this an MTA test?
No, city wide which MTA is a part of.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:31 PM

85 posts, read 103,181 times
I took the exam, and time keeping was an issue. There were some tricky questions, especially towards the end of the exam (the Associate Staff Analyst portion). Just curious, do you guys already work for the City?

Old 06-01-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russianleo777 View Post
I took the exam, and time keeping was an issue. There were some tricky questions, especially towards the end of the exam (the Associate Staff Analyst portion). Just curious, do you guys already work for the City?
Yes.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:43 PM

30 posts, read 74,297 times
Quote:

Here is my opinion:
I misses this forum.
Is anybody hired yet?

Old 01-02-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumskaya View Post
I misses this forum.
Is anybody hired yet?
I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City