Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 03:23 PM

491 posts, read 375,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
How does residence in a blue or red state factor into a non-white guy's chances of dating white women? Aren't blue states supposed to be more amenable to interracial dating than red states?

I agree that NYC is very far left and that is one factor in my lack of success (as a Cruz supporter). Many women here aren't even armchair Democrats but rather true believers in progressivism and big government -- many work at left-leaning non-profits.
there is a myth that blue democratic voting states are more diverse, therefore more integrated, but the opposite is true. generally speaking, liberals are race obsessed and everything centers around race. people in red states tend to be less race conscious, and focus on meritocracy. anything veering towards racism in red states is usually just born out of harmless ignorance, wheras racism in the very blue northeast is often pre-meditated.

an example is when the texas rangers signed yu darvish out of japan, nobody cared that he was from japan, but that he was big and threw 98mph and struck out alot of people. wheras in nyc, when tanaka was signed, everything was within the context of his being japanese. it was a bit embarrassing watching ny journalists asking him how he will adapt to the food and culture of nyc. i mean, nyc is filled with japanese restaurants.

again, generally speaking, if you're a new yorker, you can't talk about your right wing affiliations unless you are with people who share your beliefs. otherwise you will be persecuted. these women you speak of have already gone drunk off the kool aid. they will never date anyone outside a specific kind of white man who has sold his manhood, and why many remain single into their 40's as white men go on marrying more conservative asian women.

Last edited by HarryHaller73; 07-24-2016 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 03:30 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHaller73 View Post
there is a myth that blue democratic voting states are more diverse, therefore more integrated, but the opposite is true. generally speaking, liberals are race obsessed and everything centers around race. people in red states tend to be less race conscious, and focus on meritocracy. anything veering towards racism in red states is born out of harmless ignorance, wheras racism in the very blue northeast is often pre-meditated.

an example is when the texas rangers signed yu darvish out of japan, nobody cared that he was from japan, but that he was big and threw 98mph and struck out alot of people. wheras in nyc, when tanaka was signed, everything was within the context of his being japanese. it was a bit embarrassing watching ny journalists asking him how he will adapt to the food and culture of nyc. i mean, nyc is filled with japanese restaurants.

again, generally speaking, if you're a new yorker, you can't talk about your right wing affiliations unless you are with people who share your beliefs. otherwise you will be persecuted. these women you speak of have already gone drunk off the kool aid. they will never date anyone outside a specific kind of white man who has sold his manhood, and why many remain single into their 40's as white men go on marrying more conservative asian women.
Don't disagree with you and was thinking along the same lines but couldn't have stated it so eloquently.

In a earlier post in this thread, I mentioned a thread from last year where an Asian American (Korean, I believe) said he has never done as poorly dating white women as he did here in NYC. Can't recall if he was still living here when he started the thread, but he did say he did much better with white women in the south than he did here. Too bad I can't dig it up, as I thought I posted in it (but can't find it in my posting history).

Just to be clear, what exactly do you mean by women 'drunk off the kool aid' and 'specific kind of white man who has sold his manhood?'

Thanks!

Old 07-24-2016, 03:32 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
How does residence in a blue or red state factor into a non-white guy's chances of dating white women? Aren't blue states supposed to be more amenable to interracial dating than red states?

I agree that NYC is very far left and that is one factor in my lack of success (as a Cruz supporter). Many women here aren't even armchair Democrats but rather true believers in progressivism and big government -- many work at left-leaning non-profits.
He's talking out of his ass, I know tons of non white guys that dated white chicks. My white cousin married an Indian guy.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:33 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Don't disagree with you and was thinking along the same lines but couldn't have stated it so eloquently.

In a earlier post in this thread, I mentioned a thread from last year where an Asian American (Korean, I believe) said he has never done as poorly dating white women as he did here in NYC. Can't recall if he was still living here when he started the thread, but he did say he did much better with white women in the south than he did here. Too bad I can't dig it up, as I thought I posted in it (but can't find it in my posting history).

Just to be clear, what exactly do you mean by women 'drunk off the kool aid' and 'specific kind of white man who has sold his manhood?'

Thanks!
What's so special about dating white women?

Old 07-24-2016, 03:43 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Nothing in particular -- was just following the topic of interracial dating with the woman being white.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
drinking the kool aid basically means someone who has knowingly doomed him or herself completely into a philosophy, religion or politics. basically, radicalized without ability to see things from other perspectives anymore. they usually end up in this condition via peer pressure within the general political landscape of where they reside.

the specific kind of man who has sold his manhood is the safe, non-opinionated guy working the safe job with pedigree, does the grocery shopping, changes the diapers, while she goes on business trips to paris and cannes. an accessory basically.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:53 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
A good friend of mines recently married. He is Indian, but his wife is white. His wife is a NYC transplant and originally from Missouri. The wife's family even paid for the wedding. Also the marriages did not take place in NYC Does Asian man white woman marriages happen in NYC? Of course, but it is rare. I also went to a meet up and saw a bbw white woman/Latina with an Asian husband, who is Korean American. I also knew of an Asian guy, who grew up around black people, and even had black kids with black women. And he only dates black women. White women with Asian men marrying does happen in NYC, but it is extremely rare. Why did this happen? Maybe the women decided to settle instead of waiting for superman. Who knows.

However in areas of the country that are red and fairly moderate, it is more likely common to see black male/white female, Hispanic male/white female and Asian male/white female relationships compared to liberal downtown urban areas of the country were black, Asian and Hispanic educated women have preference for white men. When ever I go downtown Manhattan or hip areas of West Brooklyn and Queens, I see either Asian women and white men, black women and white men all the time, possibly once every hour I spot such couplings. Beyond that, I really don't care for such women and their achievements. For examples go to craigslist's NYC. Click on w4m and see postings where black women and Asian women who prefer white men only. Some of these black women are chubby too. I cant explain why liberal urban areas of the country have tendencies for white prefernces only. I know why, but I don't want to get into details about it.

Back to the topic. Does have beautiful women. Yes, however a woman that is hot in NYC, is no where as hot as a woman in Vegas, Miami, and or LA. Also what hurts NYC is the environment like work life balance, and no year long nice weather that can hamper a woman's happiness and turn her into a total #$%^, being stuckup and or jaded. Where arrears of the country with nice weather, women tend to be warm, welcoming, friendly at times approachable. This is the reason why it is difficult to talk to NYC women, unless the man is really physically good looking or attractive. Also in warmer areas of the country due to year long nice weather, women tend to be fit, while in NYC women are shape, and go into out of shape after a couple of kids. I'm surprised that these out of shape women in NYC can still pull men, and good looking men too. In Arizona has some of the best looking single moms I ever seen. Nice shapes.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:59 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
In non-white communities dating white woman or white man is like trophy to some people

Old 07-24-2016, 07:43 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think NYC is one of the best cities in terms of variety. There literally isn't a single type of woman here that isn't represented. After visiting L.A., what I did notice is that NYC women are MUCH more covered up, especially their chests. We aren't as obsessed with being tan and having huge fake boobs. I'd argue that NYC women tend to have a more natural look, not so heavily made-up... at least where I live in Manhattan. I think environment plays a role as well. I can have my hair perfectly done in the morning but once I'm on the subway platform it's a sweaty mess. In other cities you can simply jump in an air conditioned car and keep that glammed-up look all day. There's also probably less catcalling, which can make us closed off and for good reason. The pollution's effect on the skin is very much a real thing too. I've never had to work so hard just to keep my skin looking okay as I do here. It's practically a part-time job. I work out like most Manhattanites but the reality is that you simply don't have a lot of time. I think the stress, pollution and all of those things combined make it difficult for women here. Plus, the salon visits are insanely expensive compared to most of the rest of the country. I don't think women here are fat by any means though. We have one of the lowest obesity rates in the country, unless you factor in the outer boroughs and poor areas. Take a walk down Madison Ave. any day and you will see hardly anything but tiny-sized women.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
A good friend of mines recently married. He is Indian, but his wife is white. His wife is a NYC transplant and originally from Missouri. The wife's family even paid for the wedding. Also the marriages did not take place in NYC Does Asian man white woman marriages happen in NYC? Of course, but it is rare. I also went to a meet up and saw a bbw white woman/Latina with an Asian husband, who is Korean American. I also knew of an Asian guy, who grew up around black people, and even had black kids with black women. And he only dates black women. White women with Asian men marrying does happen in NYC, but it is extremely rare. Why did this happen? Maybe the women decided to settle instead of waiting for superman. Who knows.

However in areas of the country that are red and fairly moderate, it is more likely common to see black male/white female, Hispanic male/white female and Asian male/white female relationships compared to liberal downtown urban areas of the country were black, Asian and Hispanic educated women have preference for white men. When ever I go downtown Manhattan or hip areas of West Brooklyn and Queens, I see either Asian women and white men, black women and white men all the time, possibly once every hour I spot such couplings. Beyond that, I really don't care for such women and their achievements. For examples go to craigslist's NYC. Click on w4m and see postings where black women and Asian women who prefer white men only. Some of these black women are chubby too. I cant explain why liberal urban areas of the country have tendencies for white prefernces only. I know why, but I don't want to get into details about it.

Back to the topic. Does have beautiful women. Yes, however a woman that is hot in NYC, is no where as hot as a woman in Vegas, Miami, and or LA. Also what hurts NYC is the environment like work life balance, and no year long nice weather that can hamper a woman's happiness and turn her into a total #$%^, being stuckup and or jaded. Where arrears of the country with nice weather, women tend to be warm, welcoming, friendly at times approachable. This is the reason why it is difficult to talk to NYC women, unless the man is really physically good looking or attractive. Also in warmer areas of the country due to year long nice weather, women tend to be fit, while in NYC women are shape, and go into out of shape after a couple of kids. I'm surprised that these out of shape women in NYC can still pull men, and good looking men too. In Arizona has some of the best looking single moms I ever seen. Nice shapes.
agree 100%. you have seen the rest of the country. i remember last time i was in san diego, i ended up chatting a girl who was a cashier at the zoo, and got her number. she had the nicest smile i had seen in a long time, having not traveled out of nyc for a while, i was totally in love with her. b*tches in nyc, sometimes i ask a simple question just to be nice, and they think i'm immediately out to bone her or something. and the girl isn't even that attractive, i'm just trying to chitchat.. women in nyc live in really heightened paranoia, is my observation and like an avg looking girl thinking she's like a model or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City