Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 PM

544 posts, read 1,522,351 times

Advertisements

Not sure if anyone mentioned, but here is a link:

Is New York's rise in shootings and murder making de Blasio vulnerable? Mayor under fire amid rising violent crime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 01:49 AM

164 posts, read 159,582 times
Funny how the pro-de Blasio camp here who were posting everywhere have now gone silent.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,900 times
Official NYPD CompStat site:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ics/cscity.pdf
Right now, murder and rape are up and (reported) property crimes are down, over last year.
(However, I suspect that the rank and file are under a lot of political pressure to UNDERREPORT crimes, because everyone knows that crime is climbing and di Blasio will not permit that to be demonstrated statistically. In fact, I would not be surprised if he closes down CompStat to prevent it.)

NYC crime map:
NYC Crime Map

NY Post police blotter:
police blotter | Search Results |

NY Daily News crime blotter:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime

Twitter site that follows emergency scanners:
2 escaped murderers in Upstate NY may be heading for Canada, authorities fear | syracuse.com
Right now, it is following the escape of two inmates from upstate Clinton Correctional Facility.

Live emergency scanner feeds:
New York City New York Live Audio Feeds

One man's (seemingly accurate) maps of dangerous zones in NYC, from 2012:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...fety-maps.html

Old 06-07-2015, 08:39 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,418,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle in NYC View Post
Official NYPD CompStat site:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ics/cscity.pdf
Right now, murder and rape are up and (reported) property crimes are down, over last year.
(However, I suspect that the rank and file are under a lot of political pressure to UNDERREPORT crimes, because everyone knows that crime is climbing and di Blasio will not permit that to be demonstrated statistically. In fact, I would not be surprised if he closes down CompStat to prevent it.)

NYC crime map:
NYC Crime Map

NY Post police blotter:
police blotter | Search Results |

NY Daily News crime blotter:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime

Twitter site that follows emergency scanners:
2 escaped murderers in Upstate NY may be heading for Canada, authorities fear | syracuse.com
Right now, it is following the escape of two inmates from upstate Clinton Correctional Facility.

Live emergency scanner feeds:
New York City New York Live Audio Feeds

One man's (seemingly accurate) maps of dangerous zones in NYC, from 2012:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...fety-maps.html
I think you're reaching...

Old 06-07-2015, 09:04 AM

7,644 posts, read 6,438,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Points of Convergence View Post
Funny how the pro-de Blasio camp here who were posting everywhere have now gone silent.
they're probably the ones that got shot

Old 06-07-2015, 09:16 AM

30,543 posts, read 18,028,887 times
Even if, statistically, NYC is still relatively "low crime," there is a serious sense (and acknowledging that the "statistically" language means little to those people who are living in increased fear/are victims of the increased crime) of increased lawlessness and violence. That's the problem. Granted, the crime is still limited essentially to certain areas (if my area was seeing more violent crime, you'd see me doing more than posting on an online message board), but I fear that things will spread if we don't get this under control. I will never understand leftists. After tried and true methods (and I've already addressed the faulty ruling by the district court re stop & frisk and how the ruling isn't binding precedent in a prior thread) of policing that has brought down violent crime to historic low levels and saved tens of thousands of lives of "people of color" in the process, the left rebels and seems to want a return to the days of old. And de Blasio took the bait. Note: I'm always skeptical of an individual who lives in a posh, safe area (i.e. de Blasio) embracing policy changes that will not likely have an immediate affect on the individual. Indeed, violent crime isn't exactly increasing in Park Slope, but in Eastern Crown Heights, Bed Stuy, South BX, etc.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:08 AM

542 posts, read 1,678,538 times
NYC is quickly returning to the way it was in the 80's. Yesterday alone I witnessed two people urinating on the sidewalk and saw human feces near a phonebooth as well. People are treating the city as a toilet under De Blasio. Not to mention that graffiti seems to be making a comeback as well.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:18 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,370,601 times
That's what you neocons do when a democrat is in office huh, go around shooting people and blaming your crimes on the mayor?

If people don't know you're all full of ish by now, I don't know what will convince them.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:42 AM

33,792 posts, read 47,011,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
That's what you neocons do when a democrat is in office huh, go around shooting people and blaming your crimes on the mayor?

If people don't know you're all full of ish by now, I don't know what will convince them.
Majority of people posting don't even live in these high crime areas, but have so much to say tho!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,871,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Even if, statistically, NYC is still relatively "low crime," there is a serious sense (and acknowledging that the "statistically" language means little to those people who are living in increased fear/are victims of the increased crime) of increased lawlessness and violence. That's the problem. Granted, the crime is still limited essentially to certain areas (if my area was seeing more violent crime, you'd see me doing more than posting on an online message board), but I fear that things will spread if we don't get this under control. I will never understand leftists. After tried and true methods (and I've already addressed the faulty ruling by the district court re stop & frisk and how the ruling isn't binding precedent in a prior thread) of policing that has brought down violent crime to historic low levels and saved tens of thousands of lives of "people of color" in the process, the left rebels and seems to want a return to the days of old. And de Blasio took the bait. Note: I'm always skeptical of an individual who lives in a posh, safe area (i.e. de Blasio) embracing policy changes that will not likely have an immediate affect on the individual. Indeed, violent crime isn't exactly increasing in Park Slope, but in Eastern Crown Heights, Bed Stuy, South BX, etc.
I'm not worried and I'm also not a leftist. I also don't live in those bad neighborhoods you mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City