Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 02:14 PM

279 posts, read 518,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
How would stop and frisk have prevented this? Since when was it illegal to walk around with a generic blunt object?
I never implied that Stop and Frisk was the answer to all problems, but I think we wouldn't see crime levels spiking the way that they currently are, particularly violent crimes. For everyone who is against Stop and Frisk, tell me what solution you have? It's easy to criticize but let's hear an effective plan to tackle this ongoing problem. I'm not talking about these sorts of random acts per se, but crime in general. Are we now going to say that this rise in crime is all due to random acts that simply can't be stopped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 02:15 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,407,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
Stop and Frisk is an effective policing tool used to PREVENT crimes from happening in advance. Now that it has been removed, tell me what effective policing tool is being employed?? Additionally, we've seen violent crimes increase substantially since Mayor de Blowsio has taken office.
That statement is not accurate, violent crime went down in 2014, and as for 2015, robbery, felonious assault, burglary, and grand larceny are all down, and the YTD difference in murder from last year (when de Blasio was also mayor) is only 22, which can easily be made up for with all the time left in the year.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Welcome to city-data where every day is 1983.
I think many of the SQF lovers/de Blasio haters would secretly love for crime rates to return to 1983 levels, just so they can say "told you so!"

Old 06-16-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
I never implied that Stop and Frisk was the answer to all problems, but I think we wouldn't see crime levels spiking the way that they currently are, particularly violent crimes. For everyone who is against Stop and Frisk, tell me what solution you have? It's easy to criticize but let's hear an effective plan to tackle this ongoing problem. I'm not talking about these sorts of random acts per se, but crime in general. Are we now going to say that this rise in crime is all due to random acts that simply can't be stopped?
See my earlier post, explaining why crime isn't really up, plus I do think that there needs to be more police presence in certain areas.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:24 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,807,375 times
hang it and burn it alive

savage hurting innocent women deserve the worst.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:51 PM

2,622 posts, read 3,394,350 times
Various persons have used the phrase "SQF". What is "SQF"? If you are referring to "Stop & Frisk", it would be "S&F" (not SQF). Is "SQF" a phrase that I am not yet familiar with?

Old 06-16-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
See my earlier post, explaining why crime isn't really up, plus I do think that there needs to be more police presence in certain areas.
Crime overall isn't up, but certain types of crimes are up. The argument could be made that the rise in these crimes has a direct correlation to abolishing Stop and Frisk.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:12 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,336,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Various persons have used the phrase "SQF". What is "SQF"? If you are referring to "Stop & Frisk", it would be "S&F" (not SQF). Is "SQF" a phrase that I am not yet familiar with?
The Q stands for question.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:17 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,336,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The elimination of SQF is not the problem. Blaming the police for all of society's racial issues is. As a result of being blamed for everything animals do, the police no longer police. Instead they simply clean up after the fact. I don't see anything wrong with this as:

1. It's easy.
2. It's how a free society should work anyway.
3. The people who hate the police the most are the ones being heavily affected by rising crime anyway, so who cares?
They're doing their jobs in my neighborhood (a very high crime area) and I appreciate their presence.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Some people are more versed with the term than others for obvious reasons...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City