Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:53 PM

52 posts, read 202,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
LOLZ that story is hilarious
Not quite sure why him getting beaten up is hilarious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,940,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
1. how old are these kids? if they are 16+ then you might have a problem. I think the 15-17 year old perps are the worst because they have a lot to prove. THey are all about earning "street cred". if they are 16+ and appear to be in a gang - you might have to call the cops but, the cops don't live with you 24/7. They will most likely come back - if they are arrested, their "boys" might carry on with the project.

These kids are not going to see the light and stop. They are bragging about how the "dish it" to some "punk" daily and earning "street cred" off the OP. I say - get a taser and walk the ave. When these kids come give them a little taste and then call the cops. It's all self defense and you shouldn't have any problems. pepper spray will just infuriate them and make them come back harder since it's regarded as "girlie weapon".

get a taser and give them an involuntary breakdance lesson. You have to stand up to these punks because they won't back down --- taser them
using a taser will get you arrested for assault with a weapon, another foolish idea

Old 01-22-2008, 03:03 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,057,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartponeez View Post
Should I just stick it out?
You have got to be kidding!! Blows to the head are death threats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartponeez View Post
Having been attacked twice by the same kids seems like a message that I'm going to be targeted from now on.
Yes, yes and YES. Get out!!!

You are actually PONDERING whether or not to leave??? Get out now! Bunk at a friend's.

I taught at Franklin K. Lane H.S. for several years, and I know well what you have encountered. Get out get out get out.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,057,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Personally I think you should call the cops immediately about this though. Make repeated calls if necessary. If nothing is done then start calling the local newsmedia until the situation is rectified.
Yes absolutely!! OP, you are a grownup now. Don't deal with problems in the passive-aggressive, second-guessing, maybe-if-I-don't-look-at-it-it-will-go-away manner of children. And GET OUT NOW.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,158,632 times
after you move find someone nobody in that neighborhood has ever seen before go back and smash their heads in with a metal baseball bat

Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 PM

473 posts, read 1,666,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
using a taser will get you arrested for assault with a weapon, another foolish idea
.......not if you're defending yourself. how about people who shoot others in self defense? a gun is way more lethal than a damn taser and still people get self defense with guns. the foolish thing will be to do nothing about the situation and expect it to "go away"

the BEST solution will be to move to a non-hoodish area - if you decide to stay you will have to do/encounter something drastic (tasering,fighting back or calling the cops)

Get a taser for your protection while you figure out what to do. NO JUDGE will lock you up for tasering these punks who have beaten you up etc. you might actually receive a medal for doing decent society a favor

Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,616,127 times
So to the OP. Any of your other roommates been bothered or attack by these kids aswell, or have they only target you? If so, do you have any idea why? Have they try to robbed you? Also, the woman who help you and gave you her number will be very useful when talking to the police.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM

33,402 posts, read 46,846,764 times
its more to it than just the ghetto. its people taking advantage of you. like wildstyle said before this can happen on different levels. you really cant expect to call the cops everytime a bunch of kids throw a bottle at you. they'll get locked up in the bookings, their mother will come bail them out and they'll spread the word around the way that u locked them up. now his boys are messing wit u 2. why doesnt the OP just call ray kelly and get a squad car outside his house 24/7.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:26 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,030,049 times
OP does mention that he's friends with some of the other 'nicer' kids in the hood.

He said
"On the plus side, the lady that umbrella'd those kids was 20 and gave me her number. And I am friends with a lot of the nicer, meeker high schoolers in the park, and even a few of the homies in town. It's a sucky spot."

Isn't it possible he's friends with the wrong kids - and that he unknowingly got involved in some sort of turf sh*t by hanging out with these "nicer" kids in the park?

just a thought. I am naive about this stuff which is why it's good I don't live in the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:26 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,940,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
.......not if you're defending yourself. how about people who shoot others in self defense? a gun is way more lethal than a damn taser and still people get self defense with guns. the foolish thing will be to do nothing about the situation and expect it to "go away"

the BEST solution will be to move to a non-hoodish area - if you decide to stay you will have to do/encounter something drastic (tasering,fighting back or calling the cops)

Get a taser for your protection while you figure out what to do. NO JUDGE will lock you up for tasering these punks who have beaten you up etc. you might actually receive a medal for doing decent society a favor
if you use a gun in self defense and that gun is not properly registered you could be charged with possession of an illegal weapon, in NY state possession of a taser or stun gun or even pepper spray is illegal.
regardless of being found guilty if you do use an illegal weapon you more than likely will spend a few days in jail.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City