Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 01:17 PM

83 posts, read 71,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste26 View Post
Thanks Kharv for the link. I'm glad they updated the website. So I called today in regards to my application status (im in the 2,000s, but they did ask me to bring in my documents) and I was told there's only 57 apartments to fill so they may never get to my number. I'm a bit annoyed about that because then why have me bring in my documents if they knew they weren't filling that many apartments. However, good luck to everyone else and hopefully they will call you soon.

This is the same dilemma I'm having with them. Like three weeks ago they called me about documents and they contacted my HR department at work for the third time about employee verification. Yet now I haven't heard anything from them. When I called all they said was if there's any units left when they get to my number they'll call me. So then why contact my job again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 01:56 PM

29 posts, read 32,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBklynWay View Post
This is the same dilemma I'm having with them. Like three weeks ago they called me about documents and they contacted my HR department at work for the third time about employee verification. Yet now I haven't heard anything from them. When I called all they said was if there's any units left when they get to my number they'll call me. So then why contact my job again?
Yikes! I definitely agree. They will probably call you because if they're doing all the effort to contact you HR department I don't see why they wouldn't offer you an apt. I hope they do so soon because move in is Aug 1 according to Lisa Management (market rate). Best of Luck!

Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 AM

151 posts, read 246,458 times
I went to the building on Friday and the guy giving me the tour said lottery tenants would be moving in at the end of this month or early next month. I pray you guys hear something soon. I haven't heard from them since they showed me an apartment last month. I have lots of pictures of the gym, theater, rooftop lounge, they still have a lot work to do.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:18 AM

48 posts, read 33,060 times
Hey Medina
Again congratulations on at least being shown an apartment. I can't imagine what's taking them so long to offer you a lease to sign especially if they expect you to move in by August 1st. That seems unreasonable when you have to plan, pack etc, not to mention not paying another month's rent somewhere else. Is there anyway you can post the pictures you took?

Old 07-11-2016, 11:05 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahg55 View Post
Hey Medina
Again congratulations on at least being shown an apartment. I can't imagine what's taking them so long to offer you a lease to sign especially if they expect you to move in by August 1st. That seems unreasonable when you have to plan, pack etc, not to mention not paying another month's rent somewhere else. Is there anyway you can post the pictures you took?
Until they get a first time TCO, nobody's getting a lease.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-11-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Hey Medina
The building has no CO so legally they can't have people living there yet, just permission to show the building to tenants. As soon as they have that CO, they will move people in quick!

And it is unreasonable how the city operates but that's really how it goes, you have to be ready to take the apartment at the snap of a finger no matter what your current living situation is. My sister had to turn down a lottery apartment because they called her out of the blue and wanted her decision in 48 hours on if she was going to take it or not. And she couldn't because there was no way she could figure out the rent and moving in that amount of time.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:19 AM

Yea pretty much and they still don't have that.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Hey Medina
No idea how to post pics on here.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina143 View Post
I went to the building on Friday and the guy giving me the tour said lottery tenants would be moving in at the end of this month or early next month. I pray you guys hear something soon. I haven't heard from them since they showed me an apartment last month. I have lots of pictures of the gym, theater, rooftop lounge, they still have a lot work to do.
I wish we were allowed to post pictures on here, I'd love to see gym and theater. Again, congratulations, you are so lucky to be moving in there, its really a beautiful place.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:40 AM

I've definitely seen pictures on here before. Just don't know how to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City