Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 06:23 AM

106,238 posts, read 108,237,907 times

Advertisements

the moment you have ammo for those antiques you have to have a permit and register them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:29 AM

18,944 posts, read 13,838,201 times
^ was just about to post this.

NY has a law for everything in relation to guns, and will prosecute otherwise law-abiding citizens to the fullest extent. Only actual criminals catch breaks on gun cases. It's truly bizarro world here. We have perps with multiple gun arrests walking the streets receiving every form of social welfare NY politicians can think of, but an average Joe who refuses to submit to anti-American tyranny will face the full might and power of a state with near exclusive control over the use of force within its borders.

On a GREAT note though, very few media outlets have covered the story this week that less than 2% of NY gun owners followed Cuomo's registration law for "assault" weapons. This is fantastic news and makes me slightly proud to be a NY'er (at least a NY gun owner that is). Of course our Mussolini won't do jack about that because he knows what will happen if he tries...

FUAC!

Old 06-25-2015, 08:26 AM

100 posts, read 195,015 times
Im responsible so why would i leave them with someone else? Thats retarded
i'd rather stash them then sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygirl52 View Post
lol!

Maybe the op could just leave them with responsible relatives? You can always visit them from time to time - the guns and the relatives.

If it turns out you will become a permanent resident, you might as well try to sell them before you move.

If any are over 100 years old, they are classified as antiques, and im not sure you need to permit them at all - but check on that. Dont take my word for it.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:27 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,140,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtxZombie View Post
Im responsible so why would i leave them with someone else? Thats retarded
i'd rather stash them then sell them.

May I ask what the difference between leaving them with someone and stashing them woud be?

You would rather bury them than leave them with a family member or something?? Kk... .. .

If you mean sneak them in with you - God help you if you are caught. Its mandatory jail time.

Are they so very precious to you, you would rather risk losing both them and your freedom too?

---------

I once saw Mayor Koch on TV talking about a case where someone had shot someone during a home invasion with an unregistered firearm.

The question was asked, what happens to the victim regarding the gun?

His reply was, the gun would probably be confiscated. Nothing would happen to the victim otherwise. No one wants to send the message that when your life is in danger, you cannot protect yourself in your own home.

But, we dont live in the time of the Koch Administration anymore. Those days are long behind us. These are strange days, indeed.

New York

Possess without permit: class A misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in prison, a fine of up to $1,000, or both

Possess loaded firearm without permit, outside of person's home or place of business: class C felony, classified as violent felony offense, punishable by up to 15 years imprisonment, with a mandatory minimum of 3.5 years
N.Y. Penal Law §§ 265.01, 265.03, 265.20

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 06-25-2015 at 10:36 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 10:46 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,140,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the moment you have ammo for those antiques you have to have a permit and register them
Thanks to you and Airborne Guy for the clarification on that.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:52 AM

575 posts, read 670,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Good luck. See the above post for an idea of who you're going to be living around. The people here are mostly progressive drones unworthy of the protection afforded by a personally carried firearm anyway. Thankfully, none of their feel good crap applies to me.
Gotta love Airborneguy.

You should be packing one of your pistolas if south of Flushing. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City