Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 04:10 PM

297 posts, read 294,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So if it's just about interracial dating why are you call the preference of a particular Black male pathological?

Accomplished dark skinned Black women have no problem getting husbands (Whoopi Goldberg, Iman, Alfre Woodward, Michelle Obama who happens to be darker than Barack, Ursula Burns, etc).
So a dark skinned Black woman needs to be accomplished to have no issues getting a husband? That's interesting because many non black women have absolutely no money, college degree or high paying/prestigious job. Heck, as I pointed out before, they could have sex tapes online and/or be former strippers.

Also, I'm not really sure why you mentioned that Michelle Obama happens to be darker than President Obama. Obama is not an African American man, in that his ancestors weren't brought to America as slaves. Secondly, Obama is biracial, he wasn't raised around any black American men or in a black community. I just don't think he's a good example of a "Black American" guy marrying a darker shade of woman, because he is biracial and has NO real ethnic ties to black American males.

I cannot think of any black American men in my family or those that I know through my job, etc. that are dark brown and have married either the same color or darker women, thought I'm sure some are out there, I just can't name any off the top of my head, because it's not common at all.

I think the gay guy in the below video speaks the truth. You should listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h14KD4ky3Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Did you read my posts carefully?

You don't see something wrong with a person who will sleep with black women but will not want a serious relationship with or a hand in marriage with one? (And he doesn't come from a well off family if that's what your thinking, neither do the Puerto Rican women he loves). WOW. ASTOUNDING. It says a lot about you.
It was mentioned that the poster "NY Writer" is a gay man.

A very high number of gay men routinely have one night stands and engage in "open" relationships.
More than likely, NY Writer is viewing this from the standpoint of what is considered normal for homosexual encounters and relationships.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:42 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post

I cannot think of any black American men in my family or those that I know through my job, etc. that are dark brown and have married either the same color or darker women, thought I'm sure some are out there, I just can't name any off the top of my head, because it's not common at all.

Black men do date and marry women that are darker. I know personal examples. However, just because that happens does not mean that there isnt a general preference for women with lighter skin within the black community. As previously noted, it's pretty well documented.

Edit: oh neveind I see you said that "they are out there" but it's just not as common.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Black men do date and marry women that are darker. I know personal examples. However, just because that happens does not mean that there isnt a general preference for women with lighter skin within the black community. As previously noted, it's pretty well documented.
But often those Black men are light in color or mixed, like Obama. I think the poster who posed the question was referring more to brown/dark black men selecting lighter women. Typically when the male is not mixed/light, and has brown or dark skin, he is more often than not married or dating a woman who is lighter than him. I think that was the original point and I have to agree.

Do you really think that it's common or the norm for a black man like this:

(picture courtesy of uptownmagazine.com - no copyright infringement, photo sharing allowed, as long as web source is documented)

To marry a black woman who is this color:

picture courtesy of image gallery- no copyright infringement)

Last edited by LovelyDay2016; 07-12-2015 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-12-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
You are speaking for yourself, not all straight men.

Look at Hollywood and the political arena.

Bill Clinton and Barack Obama just happened to marry women who were high profile lawyers. Not really, they were looking for partners who could help them advance their careers.

Kanye West married Kim Kardashian (always in the news and makes lots of money) probably partially because she keeps him in the news all the time and that is money.

Even when women are housewives in the political arena, it is because they give the husband running for office a certain image and it's not just about her looks and personality.

So yes for a number of men in high profile careers, the woman's own career and money matters.

Also from families with money, I cannot imagine the parents of a guy from a well off family allowing their sons to marry a girl who works in retail.

For that matter there's no space for them to even meet. Such well of men tend to prefer well off crowds, meaning the women they meet are likely to have money.

You are just expressing your own personal preferences on straight men. Rarely do people socialize, much less marry outside of their social class.
And you're not speaking for any straight men. Not that your opinion here isn't adding to the discussion, some points have made for good discussion, but I think the first hand POV from that poster was a very valid one.

Power woman/power man couple is certainly a thing but by and large men don't care if the woman has a similar economic status. Social class, yes, but that usually just means similar upbringing which may or may not translate to income. I'm running through a list of couples I know in my head where the man is high paid and in finance and the women are/were in low paying jobs outside of the financial sector. Now these woman were socially similar but they were not high powered career women by any sense of the definition.

Last edited by jad2k; 07-12-2015 at 05:13 PM..

Old 07-12-2015, 05:06 PM

56 posts, read 73,991 times
Quote:
You are speaking for yourself, not all straight men.

Look at Hollywood and the political arena.

Bill Clinton and Barack Obama just happened to marry women who were high profile lawyers. Not really, they were looking for partners who could help them advance their careers.

Kanye West married Kim Kardashian (always in the news and makes lots of money) probably partially because she keeps him in the news all the time and that is money.

Even when women are housewives in the political arena, it is because they give the husband running for office a certain image and it's not just about her looks and personality.

So yes for a number of men in high profile careers, the woman's own career and money matters.

Also from families with money, I cannot imagine the parents of a guy from a well off family allowing their sons to marry a girl who works in retail.

For that matter there's no space for them to even meet. Such well of men tend to prefer well off crowds, meaning the women they meet are likely to have money.

You are just expressing your own personal preferences on straight men. Rarely do people socialize, much less marry outside of their social class.
you are speaking on a VERY SMALL niche of politician MILLIONAIRES whos image is everything

No normal man is going to say

"nah bro, i cant date her..shes sexy as **** but doesnt make 300k a year"

it doesnt work like that. Thats why rich ass Tiger Woods married a nanny. And theres endless others that i dont even need to list

Old 07-12-2015, 05:52 PM

IveHadEnough25 please stop trolling. You'll get a perfectly good and interesting thread closed.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
IveHadEnough25 please stop trolling. You'll get a perfectly good and interesting thread closed.
That is his intention. Please don't feed the troll.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
This is silly and is off topic. Lets look at this at an NYC perspective. Areas where I see lots of interracial relationships are in tourist areas of NYC which I mainly see black men white women, and in hip trendy or up and coming areas full of educated suburban professionals. In low income neighborhoods one will most likely come across black man with a Latina. In middle class neighborhoods in NYC with native nyers, one may come across many Latino/white women relationships or Latina/ white man relationships. Latino men rarely date black women except to a certain degree with Dominican men. Also ethnic white men rarely date black women, however I do see low income whites with black women due to being part of a similar social class structure. As for a black women in NYC and interracial relationships? If your college educated and careerist, a good chance college educated white men will be in your main dating pool versus black men who do not measure up due not attending college, not having a professional job and other nuisances like prison or high school dropout. If one is a black woman and grew up in a mainly white suburb, went to mostly white high school, went to a mostly white college, and moved to NYC, most likely their main preference would be white men and their is nothing wrong with that because that is what they are exposed to.

These black women with the curly afro hair are real hot and very attractive. I remember some years ago in the highline I saw an hit Sudanese / nubian woman sitting by herself. I went to go speak to her but as soon as I did that her bearded white boyfriend came out of the bushes.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-12-2015 at 06:39 PM..

Old 07-12-2015, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveHadEnough25 View Post
calm down Shaquita, only creepy white guys with slave fetishes would ever go for you crusties
Sorry hon, but my names Michelle The black community has so many problems and id say the main thing it stems from is that we dont respect each other or our own culture. Even though you were disrespectful to me im not going to stoop to your level. Thats only going to assist the process of keeping us down. I wish you the best and hope you get all your demons worked out 1 day

I will say this though, guys like you are the reason im dating the beautiful white italian born man that i am today. And he worships every inch of my black skin and natural tight curls. He loves my full lips and strong features as well

To the OP if theres a guy your feeling dont be afraid to make the first move. Or else he might assume youre not interested. You can be in for a pleasant surprise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City