Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 02:46 PM

18,863 posts, read 13,752,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
All I will say is you have been lucky blacks have been helping you out all these years, because when we stop caring, it will be a wrap for ya. Trust me. I'm not even gonna rap anymore.
Anytime. I'm ready and waiting.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
If I posted this (I never would), I would be banned from City Data forums. Why are the MOD's allowing these kind of posts? This is really awful and disgusting.
Yet you take no issue with the nonsense the poster I am responding to spews here constantly? If I bother you, block me.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:52 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,886,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Yet you take no issue with the nonsense the poster I am responding to spews here constantly? If I bother you, block me.
No matter what is said we are responsible for our own behavior.

It has been my impression that that poster is a (white) neoliberal type, deliberately posting provocative things. I have dealt with a lot of the sort of person s/he emulates and know that they would not say those things in that particular way. Something is off. Seems like neoliberal babble launched to create controversies. And from someone who does not live here I would bet.

Point - why respond ? And none of this excuses some of the things you contributed. Law and order folk usually appreciate the civil rights thing.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:02 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,356,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Anytime. I'm ready and waiting.

Weapons get you hard off lol. Your thirsty, swine-flu butt has probably already killed a few people and gotten away with it. Since that is all you talk about, you can keep waiting forever, as far as I care. You really aren't ready tho. You have just convinced yourself that you are invincible smh. Wow. You don't realize that anybody can get it tho. It really makes no difference who or what you are, and that's what you need to learn before you start running your flappers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
No matter what is said we are responsible for our own behavior.

It has been my impression that that poster is a (white) neoliberal type, deliberately posting provocative things. I have dealt with a lot of the sort of person s/he emulates and know that they would not say those things in that particular way. Something is off. Seems like neoliberal babble launched to create controversies. And from someone who does not live here I would bet.

Point - why respond ? And none of this excuses some of the things you contributed. Law and order folk usually appreciate the civil rights thing.
Nobody asked for your two cents.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Civil rights has become "everything we say is racist, is racist". I can't get on board with that. When the permanently offended crowd is no longer the mainstream, maybe I'll see things differently. Until then, I'm entitled to the 1st Amendment just as much as those drains on society who I defended it for who use it far more often than I do and in a much more offense manner regularly.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:28 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,551,075 times
Wow, that was quite a payday. Obviously she was going to get something but holy crap.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,551,075 times
:RodneyKing: Can't we all just get along? /:RodneyKing:

Old 07-16-2015, 06:35 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,217,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, I agree. They should do the least work possible. It's really what they were already doing on other crimes anyway.

And no, it's not the people who don't want them who will suffer. Dream on. These were the people who were getting arrested and ticketed for stupid offenses like selling loosies and minor marijuana defenses when cops will not do widespread arrests of cocaine users downtown (they have more money).

What your buddies and family are doing is BULLYING poor minorities who historically didn't have the means to SUE, but now they do. So now there's talk on the force of doing the least possible, because they have no OTHER CHOICE. Cops aren't chilling because they want to, they are following orders from their bosses in city goverment (they ultimately answer to the mayor) and to the courts.
Let me ask you something we are all dying to hear the answer to.
Are you ever wrong? Lol, dude get off your high horse.

Here's the deal....Your black, gay, and ivy league educated correct? One would think you run in a whole different world of people then I do.

I'm middle class Italian-American from Brooklyn, been on sanitation almost 15 years, I'm around civil service people day after day after day. I know cops, firemen etc. We all talk, we talk to bosses, it's a very small world that YOU ARE NOT A PART OF!

So you can talk any sh*t you want, but you don't know a f*cking thing about this life. Nothing.

Have yourself a nice day in your poser world with your 20 roommates trying to live a lifestyle that your just not good enough to live on your own.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:41 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,620,795 times
lol

Old 07-16-2015, 07:08 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,834,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Let me ask you something we are all dying to hear the answer to.
Are you ever wrong? Lol, dude get off your high horse.

Here's the deal....Your black, gay, and ivy league educated correct? One would think you run in a whole different world of people then I do.

I'm middle class Italian-American from Brooklyn, been on sanitation almost 15 years, I'm around civil service people day after day after day. I know cops, firemen etc. We all talk, we talk to bosses, it's a very small world that YOU ARE NOT A PART OF!

So you can talk any sh*t you want, but you don't know a f*cking thing about this life. Nothing.

Have yourself a nice day in your poser world with your 20 roommates trying to live a lifestyle that your just not good enough to live on your own.
I would never live with 20 roommates. But tell yourself that if it makes you feel better about yourself. To even try is a defensive mechanism. Thank good my education means I don't have to touch garbage on a daily basis. I don't apologize for that at all.

So back on topic, since cops were never interested in doing the work to find out who was selling blow to well off people downtown (and yes I used to use with my well to do friends and nobody ever got in trouble) it's about time they make it even easier on themselves and not do the work to bother poor people selling loosies and weeds.

I am perfectly happy with this outcome. You claim your cop buddies are just going to chill and do the minimum work possible (they are being required to by the city and the courts). So there should be no problem with this. As they do that the public will like them better, and their pay and benefits are still the same. They should be happy.

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 07-16-2015 at 07:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City